CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384029

What a disaster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH

Bad cap management, an attrocious record on the brink of becoming a lottery team, a PR nightmare that includes fans protesting at home games, players fighting in practice, injuries to key and expensive players, and undermined new coach who has an axe hanging over his head already, and overall poor product on the ice with few bright spots.

What the heck happened to this team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If they'll just resign Hal Gill to a 6 yr $ 22 mil dollar deal, the master plan to ruin the Habs will be complete, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Now just imagine how silly things would get if they completely sink, and get the #1 pick.  Think there would be protests over them picking Yakupov?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH:
    [QUOTE]Now just imagine how silly things would get if they completely sink, and get the #1 pick.  Think there would be protests over them picking Yakupov?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

There likely would be if he was taken over a highly ranked Quebecois player. Thankfully, for them, there are few top-flight Francophone players in this draft.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Habs do like their Russians.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

have lived in Montreal all my life....  

the problem's the french media and not the fans....

funny that 18 of the 24 cups were won with an Anglo behind the bench....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH:[QUOTE]The Habs do like their Russians. Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Yes they do!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hope Cunneyworth got Rosetta Stone for Xmas...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Hope Cunneyworth got Rosetta Stone for Xmas...
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Would love to know what's going through Cunneyworth's mind in all this stuff, eh Crowls? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : Would love to know what's going through Cunneyworth's mind in all this stuff, eh Crowls? 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    The poor guy's in a poor situation. I'm not sure a 10 game winning streak would be enough to earn him some fan support.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I love the quote from the French (European) Mesrine films where Jacques  Mesrine says the French don't like the French Canadiens (great films btw if you can read the English captions) .  Me thinks the fiasco in Montreal is fitting to that thought. OMG get into the 21st century Quebec.  The cities there are wonderful, and the culture is refreshing, but this love affair with only French is plain out of the 18th Century.  Yikes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]have lived in Montreal all my life....   the problem's the french media and not the fans.... funny that 18 of the 24 cups were won with an Anglo behind the bench....
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

Good point, days.  It also took non-French speaking American George Gillette to arrive with his money and step up to buy the Habs several years ago when no one else in Quebec came forward to do so. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : The poor guy's in a poor situation. I'm not sure a 10 game winning streak would be enough to earn him some fan support.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - In total agreement with you.  I think team owner Geoff Molson all but said Cunneyworth's gone by year's end in that much-talked about statement he made last month.  BTW, well done with that look in your avatar, buddy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Like you all know, I grew up in the Peg, by a community called Saint Boniface. At 65,000-75,000 strong, it's the largest francophone community outside of Quebec and Acadia. St. B is about a 10 minute walk from the MTS Centre, and a huge portion of Jets fans are francophone. In all my years in the Peg, and in all the years my family has been there, anglophones and francophones have lived together in harmony, and something like what happened to Cunneyworth will never happen there. I just do not get it. After having grown up somewhere where English and French get along just fine, these types of things drive me completely nuts, as I just don't understand this sort of xenophobic culture. What part of "21st Century" do these folks in Montreal making a stink about this not get?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Only in Canada.How about the leader of the NDP stepping in behind the bench.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : dez - In total agreement with you.  I think team owner Geoff Molson all but said Cunneyworth's gone by year's end in that much-talked about statement he made last month.  BTW, well done with that look in your avatar, buddy!
    Tuukka seems like a good sport. I laughed when I first saw it so in honour of the Raskal and his solid play.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]have lived in Montreal all my life....   the problem's the french media and not the fans.... Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

So did the "media" call 911 all those times, too?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : Tuukka seems like a good sport. I laughed when I first saw it so in honour of the Raskal and his solid play.......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Nice one, dez.  I found this from ex-Hab coach Carbonneau with some input from Alain Vigneault.  Serge Savard also adds his two cents. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : Nice one, dez.  I found this from ex-Hab coach Carbonneau with some input from Alain Vigneault.  Serge Savard also adds his two cents.  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/guy-carbonneau-habs-coach-randy-cunneyworth-needs-to-learn-french/article2278672/?

"Canadiens legend and former general manager Serge Savard blasted the move, saying the team ''belongs to the people.''

I guess he means it belongs only to the francophone people, anglophones need not apply.

Tabernac.

If Cheveldayoff reacted like this to the French minority in Winnipeg, he'd be run out of town on a rail by both francophones and anglophones alike (then again, Noel speaks French and recently gave an interview to the Peg's weekly French magazine, so who knows.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : "Canadiens legend and former general manager Serge Savard blasted the move, saying the team ''belongs to the people.'' I guess he means it belongs only to the francophone people, anglophones need not apply. Tabernac. If Cheveldayoff reacted like this to the French minority in Winnipeg, he'd be run out of town on a rail by both francophones and anglophones alike (then again, Noel speaks French and recently gave an interview to the Peg's weekly French magazine, so who knows.)
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

red - Savard's words also caught my eye.  Thought they had an inflammatory
    feel to them. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

The Habs apologize to their fans?

How about they apologize to Bruins fans for being such a bunch of obnoxious, knobsucking re.tards for the past 70 years?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : Nice one, dez.  I found this from ex-Hab coach Carbonneau with some input from Alain Vigneault.  Serge Savard also adds his two cents.  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/guy-carbonneau-habs-coach-randy-cunneyworth-needs-to-learn-french/article2278672/?

They have the 2nd worst power play % in the NHL at 12.8 and they feel the coach needs to learn French. 

To bad that Cunneyworth wasn't more like John Tortorella, would just love to see the media and ex coaches tell someone like Tortorella he needs to learn French when the team is sitting last in the division and 13th in the conference.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Did Gauthier throw Cunneyworth under the bus in english or in french?

"Ici vient le bus, sous cela vous allez"

"J'espère que le fait de parler le français peut sauver mon emploi"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANADIENS APOLOGIZE TO FANS FOR NON-FRENCH SPEAKING COACH : They have the 2nd worst power play % in the NHL at 12.8 and they feel the coach needs to learn French.  To bad that Cunneyworth wasn't more like John Tortorella, would just love to see the media and ex coaches tell someone like Tortorella he needs to learn French when the team is sitting last in the division and 13th in the conference.
    Posted by winexpos[/QUOTE]

winexpos - Well said.  It would appear a premium has been placed on language instead of winning.