Canadiens @ Bruins Game 2 GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Canadiens @ Bruins Game 2 GDT

CANADIENS at BRUINS

TV: NBC, CBC, RDS

(Montreal leads best-of-7 series 1-0)

Big story: The Presidents' Trophy-winning Boston Bruins are back in the same position they were in during their first-round series with the Detroit Red Wings. Against Detroit, Boston lost a one-goal game at home to open the series, then started a four-game winning streak with a home win in Game 2.

Team Scope:

Canadiens: Montreal's 4-3 double-overtime win in Game 1 on Thursday was dramatic, but it wasn't a victory coach Michel Therrien will be storing in his archives as an example of how his team should play.

The Bruins outshot the Canadiens 51-33 and Boston had 98 shot attempts to Montreal's 58. If not for goaltender Carey Price's 48 saves, defenseman P.K. Subban would not have had a chance to score his power-play winner. Therrien said there are many areas of the Canadiens' game that need work.

Montreal, which won the first two games of the 2011 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in Boston but lost the series in seven, are expecting to face a revenge-minded Bruins team in Game 2.

"It's great that we won, but listen, I have played against these guys more than a few times over the past couple of years and in the playoffs. The one thing I can tell you is this is a resilient team," Subban said. "That's not something that you can say about every team, but against these guys I have to give them credit. They always battle back. They always find a way to persevere."

Bruins: Boston's main focus in the aftermath of the loss and all its missed scoring chances has been to not panic and to avoid building up Price into some mythic puck-stopping god. The Bruins tried to take the positive out of their ability to dictate the play for most of Game 1.

"I think we stay with it. I think after that happens, and like I say you tip your hat to [Price]," forward Jarome Iginla said. "But we feel if we get those same chances and that same net-front presence we'll find ways to get it in."

Who's hot: Subban had two goals in Game 1 and has seven points in five games and a four-game point streak. Canadiens forward Rene Bourque had a goal in the first game against Boston and has four in five games. … Bruins defenseman Torey Krug scored his second goal of the playoffs Thursday and has a three-game point streak.

Injury report: Montreal forward Alex Galchenyuk (lower body) has started skating. … Boston forward Chris Kelly (back) and defensemen Adam McQuaid (quad) and Dennis Seidenberg (ACL/MCL) remain out.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Canadiens @ Bruins Game 2 GDT

I can't wait for this game to start.  I wish it was 7:30 AM start.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm ready.  So ready.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I was so hoping this game was going to be a 7 or 7:30 PM start.  My son has a make-up H.S. baseball gm today at 11:30. I'm expecting a very strong gm fro the B's today. Go Bruins!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Looking forward to putting Game 1 in the rear view mirror and heading to Montreal with the series knotted up.  I don't care how they do it, just score more damn goals than the Smurfs and I'll be happy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Love the idea of lobbing the puck to the corner for Yemelin, Gorges and Markov to get eaten up while retrieving. Keep that up!

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Let's hope the dam bursts and the Bruins roll 7-0.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's hope the dam bursts and the Bruins roll 7-0.

[/QUOTE]

Would be nice,but actually expecting Montreal to play a better game today,they had no buisness winning first game,unless there game plan was to sit back wait for Boston to make a mistake,or wait for powerplay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Play the way they did Thursday and they'll be fine as long as Rask plays like he is capable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Better PK & a better Rask makes for a win.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

If we play the same way except manage the puck a little better we'll win. What did we have 15 give a ways to their 3? The horseshoe will drop from Price's butt eventually

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we play the same way except manage the puck a little better we'll win. What did we have 15 give a ways to their 3? The horseshoe will drop from Price's butt eventually

[/QUOTE]

Giveaways are a misleading stat. If you are in possession all the time, your possession is going to end with a shot a hit or a giveaway. 15-3 is actually a good thing. The habs didn't have the puck enough to give it away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

No shame in how the Bruins performed last game. They were all over the Habs. Price can't stop what he can't see. Should the Bruins continue to set up shop in his face they'll increase their chances of getting shots past him and going on to take this set - which they will.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The word of the day is: Convert.

Just convert the chances on offense and you should win this game. Rask's play doesn't scare me, as he should no one else. The only bad goal he gave up imo was the Rene goal. Others would have been tough saves.

Convert the chances and you win. simple.

Go Bruins 

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The word of the day is: Convert.

[/QUOTE]

That's all.  The chances will be there.  Gotta light the lamp when the light switch is available!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think we'll se a more physical game today with Montreal willing to engage a bit more knowing they're going back to Montreal.  Should be fun.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I can only hope for a game similar to last... Bruins dominated most of regulation. Just need a better finish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Lets go B's!! Tie the series up,here's to a 3-0 Bruins victory! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets go B's!! Tie the series up,here's to a 3-0 Bruins victory! 

[/QUOTE]

I expect a much tighter, low-scoring game today... Habs will be happy to do nothing and go to OT and win on another PP so I hope Boston puts this away in regulation!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Caron takes his usual penalty

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Caron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

That was a colossal dive by Emelin. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Refs already in the bag.  I expect that crap up in Montreal, but not in Boston.  What a flop by Emelin.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Caron takes his usual penalty

[/QUOTE]

That wasn't a penalty.  A poke check is not a penalty.  I can't wait for NAS to swoop in and try tell the board how the NHL rules work. 

The refs jobbed the Bruins in OT in Game 1 on a very chintzy call and now this already. I am sick of the Canadiens organization trying to run the league.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I like the net drive by Caron... his time will come

Sections
Shortcuts