Candidates to replace CJ after this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Candidates to replace CJ after this season

In Response to Re: Candidates to replace CJ after this season:
    TED NOLAN
    Posted by samsonov

Great call!!  I almost forgot about this guy!  What the hell happend to him btw??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Candidates to replace CJ after this season : Great call!!  I almost forgot about this guy!  What the hell happend to him btw??
    Posted by lucaooo

He made love to Hasek's wife.Not sure who he had sex with in NY.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

How about firing the assistant coaches...what TF do they do..especially the powerplay..

KIRK MULLER WOULD RULE AS A  COACH WITH THE BRUINS..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I will burn my season tickets if the B's hire that Smug Twirp Pierre Mcquire...Can't stand listening to his commentary during the games....his stupid little comments and his useless facts about players drive me insane!
    Posted by rockett7

Marty Turco describes McQuire the best doesn't he.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofmR1Gpkhpw&feature=related

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Has Lindy Ruff's status changed yet? The last I heard he refused his one year offer in Buffalo. I think if there's a motivator who knows how to adjust things on the fly from one shift to the next is Ruff! His teams play an uptempo style with some grit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Let's stick it to the Habs and hire Kirk Muller.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Mark Recchi. Keep Him in the organization but not on the ice. He has fire in his eyes and knows a thing or 2 about offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It would have to be a big collapse for C.J to get canned while still under contract. That being said.

Barry Melrose: Love the guy as an analyst, studio guy. There is ZERO chance he would be a head coach again. he was fired in Tampa Bay not because of his system, but rather because he did NOT have a system.

Cam Neely: Unless C.J is fired in season, there is no way he is coach.

Kevin Dineen: Thats an intersting choice. Like I said in a previous post, he's already be in the NHL if not for a DUI.

Scott Gordon: Familiar with a bunch of the Bruins dating back to his days in Providence. Long shot at best. Could be an assistant.

Kirk Muller: Forget the connection to the Habs, any team looking for a coach he will be on every short list.

Bob Hartley: Suprised he doesn't get mentioned more. Good coach, just don't see him as a fit here.

John McLean: I'm thinking he is best served as an assisntant.

Mike Milbury: No way. Good studio guy, but I'm thinking his time has passed. He's fiery and outspoken which is o.k, but not when your a former G.M. I don't think Chiarelli will touch it.

Ken Hitchcock: Too much of a system like C.J's..Like to see more of an offensive minded coach. Thered be less food at the post game spread but tons of more quotes.

John Muckler: PC is very familiar with him and from what I understand he is looking to get back into coaching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Muckler is like 80 years old. He is done

Hitchcock = no thanks

Muller would never coach for us imo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from geez77. Show geez77's posts

what about kevin dineen? he is supposedly the next coming of guy boucher in tampa

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

HOCKEY 101

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

A guy I think would be excellent in charge of the Bruins is 2 hours north on 95:  Kevin Dineen. Excellent pedigree, a motivator and leader as a player, excellent motivator as a coach, very good Xs and Os guy and has experience working with kids and prospects.
    Posted by Kennedy97

My thoughts exactly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Candidates to replace CJ after this season : Thinking out loud here, but do coach's get long term contracts for personal reasons?  If a coach was offered a contract worth a million a year for four years as opposed to 4 million in two years, the four year contract would be better as taxes would be less ie. write offs etc.  So I am not so sure JJ would mind a change of the guard if the Bs do not perform up to standards(?) this playoff season.  I'll stand corrected on the contract theory.  Posted by islamorada

This is where I have some criticism for PC knowing one of the best GMs Lou Lam fired Julien with almost no time left in the season he gave Claude more than two year extension.

One of the few times Jacobs made a comment at all was "that was an expensive mistake" when Chairelli went on the carpet to ask to buyout Lewis's contract. We'll see but if it's one or two out Julien has to go. Then Chiarelli is on the carpet again up in the offices of Delaware North.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I side with those who choose Dineen.  Remember how he played?  Tough.  Aggressive.  Motor always running.  All with Crone's Disease, I think.  I can't imagine him playing like that and not having his club play the same way. 

Regarding Nolan, I'd heard on THE FAN 590 some time ago that in parts of the league, he's seen as a GM killer, a sneaky type who had undermined Muckler in Buffalo and Smith as the GM with the NYI.  How much truth there is to this stuff, I have no idea.

Hold on!  Maybe this guy from the Flames!  He'd bust heads!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrkR7ih6f3M

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Actually, he's from their farm team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fcukhabs. Show fcukhabs's posts

brick would make a good coach dude knows so much about the game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Not sure who I'd want for head coach (although Ted Nolan is an interesting choice with some baggage), but I'd like to see Ray Bourque coach the defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Milbury also traded Luongo for Parrish/Kvasha to draft Dipietro instead of keeping Luongo and drafting Heatley or Gaborik.

When he traded for Yashin he sent Chara there and also the pick which was Spezza.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aisling76. Show aisling76's posts

bruins could have had Peter Laviolette and they let him walk away ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Candidates to replace CJ after this season : This is where I have some criticism for PC knowing one of the best GMs Lou Lam fired Julien with almost no time left in the season he gave Claude more than two year extension. One of the few times Jacobs made a comment at all was "that was an expensive mistake" when Chairelli went on the carpet to ask to buyout Lewis's contract. We'll see but if it's one or two out Julien has to go. Then Chiarelli is on the carpet again up in the offices of Delaware North.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I stand corrected with the quote from JJ above ^.  I am inclined to believe JJ will eat CJs contract if the Bs are one and done.  JJ knows the $$ coming from sell outs will diminish if the Bs are eliminated once again in the first or second round.  If not CJ will then be on the short leash next year.  With the continued inconsistent play of the Bs that would mean around November.  Dineen or Gordon would be the best candidates for the next Bs coach.  No dinosaurs please.  Young players respond to younger coaches. OMG Milbury would be a disaster.  BTW Ted Nolan burns bridges without media fanfare, so there must be a flaw in character or something. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Mike Milbury head coach

Don Cherry assistant coach

Now thats a true "BRUIN" bench.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

Agree totally with Samsonov Ted Nolan has a winning record.Would be a good fit for the Bruins good motivator does'nt take crap. Offensive minded coach.Would utilize teams speed better than cj's system put power play back on track.Check stats in Buffalo and see for yourselves

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tunazinho. Show Tunazinho's posts

Charlie Sheen

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

I'm amazed at people who think a guy who hasn't coached in years can jump right in. The game has changed a lot since Milbury last coached and he would have too much to catch up on. This is the reason Melrose failed in his comeback.

I think people like to pick TV analysts because they know the game well and the fans are familiar with them but the requirement for a head coach go well beyond that. Neely is also a terrible choice because he has no coaching experience at all.
    Chiarelli needs to go back to his original objectives when he took over (he wanted a fast forechecking team that is hard to play against) and find both personnel and coach who can achieve that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

While I am no fan of Julien there is little chance he is going anywhere due to his contract.
    Just saying.....

Sections
Shortcuts