Candidates to replace CJ after this season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Candidates to replace CJ after this season

There would be relief and happiness in my little world if CJ and Ryder took their act somewhere else next season.

As long as Dave Leiws, Mike Milbury or some other train wreck doesn't replace them, that would be good.

My list is like Maruice, Laviolette, and Gordon, but only one of those might be available best case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Candidates to replace CJ after this season:
    bruins could have had Peter Laviolette and they let him walk away ...
    Posted by aisling76

...so they could hire Robbie Ftorek.  Just an awful decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Oh, c'mon BBR - Melrose was a joke, an utter and complete buffoon in Tampa Bay.  HE was the one who implied it was because of his position on Stamkos (I play some guys too little), but he did it in the course of an interview where he sounded like a high school kid whose girlfriend dumped him.  The other side of that story is Len Barrie saying "talk to the players" about how quickly he alienated his entire team and got himself tuned out.  Great motivator....  And Billy Ray Cyrus is a great dad.  (See what I did there - compartive mulletology.) As for the definition of "darkhorse" - it still means "could win" even if it doesn't mean "most likely to win".
    Posted by Bookboy007

Right, I picked a longshot/darkhorse/wildcard option as a throw in.

Melrose was a joke in TB? He was there for like 7 games.  Don't believe everything you read on the internets.

It's not like TB is the best run organization since they got rid of Tortorella.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

BadHab, if PC re-signs Ryder at any price it will be a bad sign for the direction of the team. There are easily enough prospects who can take his place and a have better work ethic then him.

For example:

Seguin can replace him on the PP. Caron 5 on 5 or some other kid with the desire to succeed.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, but you can't hide behind the word darkhorse.  Like I said above, a "darkhorse" is still a guy you think might just be able to do the job, even if he's not the most likely candidate.

My sense of Melrose's utter incompetence isn't based on "reading the internets".  But if we're talking about backing up an opinion with evidence, what's yours for suggesting he'd be able to coach an NHL team again?  Even in his short tenure in TB, you could see his team had no confidence, no plan, and no interest in Barry or his fondness for seeing his name in the paper.  That was evident on the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Barry Melrose NHL career numbers: 87-110-36

He went to the finals his first year, then missed the playoffs his next 2. He did win the Calder Cup in 1991, and his career mark in the AHL is 115-100-25. Adirondack teams lost in Round 1 of the playoffs in 1990 and 1989.

He has coached 16 NHL games since 1995. His team won 5 of them.

I just don't see how he'd be on anyone's wish list, unless you're a franchise who needs a "name" to attract attention and sell tickets. That's not the case in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I don't care how much he knows about hockey.  McGuire is a complete idiot!!  Do not even go there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Milbury was a great coach in Boston and I think he could be again, but is he even interested in coaching?  I like Torterella if he becomes available because I think Boston needs a coach with some emotion.  I am tired of watching Clod's look of confusion or irritation when things aren't going right.  Calm is often good but you also need someone who can shake things up once in awhile when the troops are not buying in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I don't care how much he knows about hockey.  McGuire is a complete idiot!!  Do not even go there.
    Posted by huntbri

Mcguire is the least likeable commentator in hockey.Doug MacLean might not be a bad choice.I'm probably biased though since he's another Maritimer.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts