Canes control the 8 spot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Canes control the 8 spot

Canes peaked when they had to. And once again the Rangers are in trouble going into their final game tomorrow vs NJ.  Devils will have their guns blazing for this one, no doubt.  It's gonna be a great weekend!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Canes control the 8 spot

I thought wins was the first tie breaker?  CAR have 40, NYR have 43.  What am I missing here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Canes control the 8 spot:
    [QUOTE]I thought wins was the first tie breaker?  CAR have 40, NYR have 43.  What am I missing here?
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

OT and Shootout wins don't count in a team's win total for tiebreaker purposes. Carolina probably has more regulation wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Rangers have 9 shootout wins and Hurricanes only 5.  Now, if both teams win in shootouts ... oh, whatever.  Similarly, the Bruins have 2 shootout wins - no issues there, of course - so we should have a lock on a playoff spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Canes control the 8 spot:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canes control the 8 spot : OT and Shootout wins don't count in a team's win total for tiebreaker purposes. Carolina probably has more regulation wins.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Actually OT wins DO count, but SO wins do not.  So Carolina has the edge.  If the Canes win in OT or regulation tonight vs. Lightning, they are in even if the NYR win this afternoon. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would think if the rangers don't make the playoffs  2 season in a row Torts is gone. Maybe he would go coach U of maine cause whitehead is on borrowed time.

Last week of the regular season is fun when you hve races still going on for who gets in and out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

nyr must get a point and have car lose at home to tb who has nothing to play for does not look good for nyr

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Rangers,  that's what happens when King Henry gives you SO wins and Christiansen pots those SO goals.
    Chara's slapshot didn't only deflate Callahan but the whole Ranger team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Skinner and his TOI throughout the season will be the difference in Carolina getting in. Maurice n Rutherford handled that rookie situation perfectly indisputable.

Sections
Shortcuts