Can't hammer Edwards and Brick any more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Can't hammer Edwards and Brick any more

Stuck with the Center Ice feed tonight with no choice but the home team Buffalo mutants. Jeanneret is still he most annoying announcer in the business. It's not just the seizure-like goal calls. He must think he's doing a radio call and figuring the veiwers can't see what's actually going on. He only knows a handfull of players on the opposing team and makes comments like "Thornton with a toe drag -- believe it or not". His supporting cast is just as bad. Rob Ray has taken so many pucks and knuckles to the head he's brain dead. Mike Robitaille at one point observed that Rob Roy was playing the point on the power play. Their take on the incident at the end of the game was equally delusional.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

Re: Can't hammer Edwards and Brick any more

Tell me about it, that freaking Jeanneret...he's a joke..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

I don't have much of a problem with Brickley outside of his tendency to play up Bruins' players strengths (deserved or not) and minimize the skills of opposing players/teams.  Edwards is brutal.  Sure, there are some around the league as bad as he is--no one is denying that--but there are several that are significantly better even on their worst nights than Edwards is.  Edwards is high school play-by-play material.  Fred Cusick must roll over in his grave all season long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamico3308. Show mamico3308's posts

Actually Jeanneret IS doing radio.  He does the play by play for both TV and Radio.  I actually watched the game on mute and streamed the game with the NESN feed off of my computer.  The feed was a little behind but was still worth it not to have to listen to that guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The first time I heard Jeanneret the only thing I could think of was that this would be a great SNL skit!

I've said it before, Jack doesn't bother me at all. His style is a bit (ahem) over the top at times but I usually just laugh at him rather than get annoyed or offended. If he was ignorant of the game, which he isn't, I would be offended.

But I will say...JACK! Buy some %$#@! Crest Whitestrips!!!!!!

I preferred Dale Arnold when he did the games. I thought he did a pretty decent job. Anyone else miss him?

Sections
Shortcuts