Canucks are better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MON3AL11. Show MON3AL11's posts

Canucks are better

Despite losing the last 2 games, I still think the Canucks are the better team and they will win it all.  As long as they got the home field advantage, thats all that really matters, and everybody already knows that the Bruins love to choke in Vancouver.  I expect Boston will choke it big in the end because that is really what they do best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Canucks are better

do you know what montreal does best? lose in the first round of the playoffs to the bruins....2 of the past 3 years right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Habs should join the AHL.

It's the only way they will win a playoff series or another Cup.

Heck, without Gionta and Cammalleri - they are an AHL Club.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Canucks are better:
    [QUOTE]Despite losing the last 2 games, I still think the Canucks are the better team and they will win it all.  As long as they got the home field advantage, thats all that really matters, and everybody already knows that the Bruins love to choke in Vancouver.  I expect Boston will choke it big in the end because that is really what they do best.
    Posted by MON3AL11[/QUOTE]

no wonder they play like pvssies.  apparently, vancouver's field hockey team showed up instead of their regular hockey team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat11. Show gymrat11's posts

Home field advantage? I didnt know hockey was played on a field, i thought it was played on ice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Despite losing the last 2 games, I still think the Canucks are the better team and they will win it all.  As long as they got the home field advantage, thats all that really matters, and everybody already knows that the Bruins love to choke in Vancouver.  I expect Boston will choke it big in the end because that is really what they do best.

Don't you have your own forums for the Habs?  And don't you have plenty to talk about with the other Hab fans?  On second thought, I guess the Habs don't have anything to talk about, except for how salty their poutine tastes when soaked with tears.

I know one topic you should bring up on the Habs forums.  What the number for 911 is.  It must be tough to memorize.  And you have to remember that the number is still 911 when you call from your mother's basement.  And it is also 911 when you call from St. Catharines street.

I'll give you this, the Canucks are better.  But that makes the Bruins wins all that more impressive.  Also, they only lost the other 2 games by a goal.  That's pretty impressive against the best team in the league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from drooski50. Show drooski50's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from drooski50. Show drooski50's posts

home FIELD you must watch a lot of hockey.its home ice .go bruins the only team choking is the team that makes a living biting

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

I don't think the Canucks deserve to win, regardless if they do. Would their have been a more fragile, beatable champion than the Canucks? Look at, say, Detroit. How many times per playoffs do they melt down? Cave under pressure? Get blown out? Have games they hardly show up for? Champions don't make a habit of doing that, the Canucks do. Patrick Roy had poor games, but didn't make a habit out of 6, 7, 8 goals against multiple times in the playoffs...

They're also one of the more unlikable franchises in the NHL. The current group of guys for obvious reasons (cheap shots, their sense of entitlement, etc), but even going back to the Bertuzzi/Naslund days, where nothing was ever their fault...break an opponents neck? That was his fault. Lose in the playoffs? That's the media's fault for being too negative.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

what a yawn-inducing post. please try harder. here is checklist to make your posts better:

1. clever
    2. witty
    3. humorous
    4. insightful

back to the drawing my good man. luckily your local hockey team is on break for a few months so you have plenty of time to work on your posting skills.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

\
    HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.........NOW THAT IS   WHAT HABS DO RIGHT NOW PLAY SOFTBALL......AND LOSE    THE NUKS WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT SHORLTY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat11. Show gymrat11's posts

Of course habs fans have alot to talk about...golf!!!! What size ball they like, what kind of driver to use

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

I am not all that convinced that the nucks are overall a better team. In this series so far what have the nucks done to prove they are better? There offense has been very weak cannot contain the puck in the Bruins end for any lenght of time, there defenseman are very easily over matched by the Bruins forwards and the Nucks forwards aern't very good at back checking, special teams the Bruins have scored more goals both short handed and on the powerplay than the Nucks have on the PP, and finally goaltending does Luongo know his job is to stop the puck. He always seems to glare at his D-men with thoise google eyes everytime he give up a goal. like it there fault for the Bruins TT enough said.

So where are the Nucks better?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Just when you think the level of self delusion by Vancouver fans can't be any higher some moron tops it. Weren't your Canucks supposed to cake walk through a 4 game sweep? You barely won the first two games and got anailated in games 3 and 4. But hey you just keep telling yourselves how good you are. Too bad you actually have to play the games isn't it? It's OK just pump yourselves up by looking at all those cups you've won in the past.

Here's some examples of your 'greatness'

One power play goal in over twenty attempts. You've given up more shorthanded goals.

A half dozen power plays without a single shot on goal.

A whopping 5 goals series total.

Yup with stats like that anyone should be claiming how great they are.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

People who say "the Canucks are the better team" are star---ckers.  They look at the Canuck lineup and go 'wow! back to back Art Ross winners, Selke winner-elect, Vezina finalist, top scoring D-man!' and think that makes them a superior team. And it does make them a formidable team - if you can't stop the Sedins, they can beat you.  If you can't match Kesler's energy, they'll beat you. If you can't figure out how to beat Luongo, he'll beat you.  If you let Ehrhoff become an offensive factor, they'll beat you.

But the drop off in talent from their top 7 or 8 guys (Burrows, Bieksa, Hamuis) is signficant, especially with Samuelsson out of the lineup (excuses, anyone?).  Their 3rd and 4th lines are inferior to Boston's 3rd and 4th lines, no matter how much shupe loves Torres.  Good energy players, physical guys at times, but no finish so they're one dimensional.  The Bruins' third line was instrumental in beating the Shabs.

Add that even their top guys can be very one-dimensional and you have to start to pick at that veneer of "greatness".  The Bruins have done a great job of attacking Vancouver's strengths and bringing their own to the fore.  And in the end, "better" on paper means nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

What kind of dumba$$ says a team is better when they LOSE?  I'm sorry, they may have been better earlier in the season but what this series is illustrating is that an incredibly cohesive, disciplined and physical defensive team can wear down, wear out, overpower, frustrate, disrupt and utterly destroy a talented north/south finesse team that can't adjust.

In an ideal world the Canucks would adjust their offensive scheme and evolve in response to CJ's preferred strategy.  Instead they just whine like a bunch of snotty, prep-school blowhards. 

In any event, they can be the better team all they want.  Give me the Cup and I'll take second place in the beauty pageant 7 days out of the week.

And on a different note: to all those so-called Beantown fans bidgen about Mike Milbury and his homerisms recently on Versus... get a pair of marbles!  This guy isn't afraid to show his colors and neither should you!  I'm eating up every second of Mike Milbury on the hometown train!  I loved the Thelma & Louise comment!  And you know what? It's true!  The Sedins act like elitist primadonas.  On top of that their heads are so big compared to their body they look like albino fetuses.

GAME ON WAYNE! GAME ON GARTH!  GO Bs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

So barely eeeeeking out wins in GM1 and 2 then getting blown out 8-0 and 4-0 means your a better team?

Gotcha! *cough* Idiot *cough*

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Sure they may have home field advantage, but we're playing on ice, where the Polar Bears prowl and the Canucks of the North fear to tread.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks are better:
    [QUOTE]What kind of dumba$$ says a team is better when they LOSE?  I'm sorry, they may have been better earlier in the season but what this series is illustrating is that an incredibly cohesive, disciplined and physical defensive team can wear down, wear out, overpower, frustrate, disrupt and utterly destroy a talented north/south finesse team that can't adjust. In an ideal world the Canucks would adjust their offensive scheme and evolve in response to CJ's preferred strategy.  Instead they just whine like a bunch of snotty, prep-school blowhards.  In any event, they can be the better team all they want.  Give me the Cup and I'll take second place in the beauty pageant 7 days out of the week. And on a different note: to all those so-called Beantown fans bidgen about Mike Milbury and his homerisms recently on Versus... get a pair of marbles!  This guy isn't afraid to show his colors and neither should you!  I'm eating up every second of Mike Milbury on the hometown train!  I loved the Thelma & Louise comment!  And you know what? It's true!  The Sedins act like elitist primadonas.  On top of that their heads are so big compared to their body they look like albino fetuses. GAME ON WAYNE! GAME ON GARTH!  GO Bs!
    Posted by cglassanos[/QUOTE]

You & Books arguments are perfectly valid.

I ONLY say they are the better team because a) before the playoffs they were picked as one of the cup favorites b) they had the best overall record regular season.

Those are facts and you have to aknowledge them.

And I'll admit that those facts mean nothing in this playoff series.  I would have been much more afraid of Detroit.

They had the best record in the league in the regular season, and that entitles them to just that.

In the playoffs they have both made it to the finals - tie.  They won 2 and Bruins have won 2 - tie.

And the way things are going, the Bruins sure look like they will continue to handle them like the Oilers on a bad night.

2 wins and then the Bruins are entitled to be called the best team in the NHL and the best regular season record, yah, they can keep that - and have a parade about it as far as I'm concerned, but whoever wins that cup is the undisputed champion of the league.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Just another TROLL out there. I fully expect Boston to win game 5 and win it all come next Monday night at home. I believe the Bruins have gotten into Vancouvers head and now have it all figured out. Who thought the Bruins would be playing this deep into the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

Only thing I disagree with is Vancouvers home field advantage, and I only disagree with this because the game is played on ice, making it a home ice advantage. Orther than that you are spot on with all your great points. And dont forget the B's biggest choke of all against Vancouver, getting that Neely goon for Barry Pederson. We still laugh about that one on my dads Montreal X-Mas tree farm. Boston was ROBBED HAHAHA!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Oh, I totally agree BH, totally.  When the Canucks are able to execute their style of play, more often than not, they will score goals.  Absolutely no argument from me.

Prior to SCFs I didn't think the Bs had enough "jazz" to hang with the Canucks for even 5 games.  In fact I was surprised they made it past the Lightning.  Well... shame on me.  Shame on me.  But then again that's 30 years of Red Sox swan-diving for you.  You just get used to expecting the inevitable.

Some advice for the Canucks: When an Alaskan Grizzly is running after you... just lay down, just give up.  It'll end quicker and less painfully.  And your keyster won't get torn to shreds.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, I totally agree BH, totally.  When the Canucks are able to execute their style of play, more often than not, they will score goals.  Absolutely no argument from me. Prior to SCFs I didn't think the Bs had enough "jazz" to hang with the Canucks for even 5 games.  In fact I was surprised they made it past the Lightning.  Well... shame on me.  Shame on me.  But then again that's 30 years of Red Sox swan-diving for you.  You just get used to expecting the inevitable. Some advice for the Canucks: When an Alaskan Grizzly is running after you... just lay down, just give up.  It'll end quicker and less painfully.  And your keyster won't get torn to shreds.
    Posted by cglassanos[/QUOTE]

And at least for me, that they did post the best record in the league, the Bruins did take the series from the Habs by a goal, wiped the Flyers clean, and went the distance with Tampa ...

Can anyone think of a gutsier playoff run by any team any sport that matches this?  And with Horton literally knocked out to put in a performance the way they are?

No matter what happens in the next 2 or 3 games, this is an epic performance.  And it doesn't even matter to me if they lose this series, it will still be an epic and the Canucks will have a tainted cup as far as I'm concerned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks are better : And at least for me, that they did post the best record in the league, the Bruins did take the series from the Habs by a goal, wiped the Flyers clean, and went the distance with Tampa ... Can anyone think of a gutsier playoff run by any team any sport that matches this?  And with Horton literally knocked out to put in a performance the way they are? No matter what happens in the next 2 or 3 games, this is an epic performance.  And it doesn't even matter to me if they lose this series, it will still be an epic and the Canucks will have a tainted cup as far as I'm concerned.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Many Montreal runs for the Cup were much more gutsier, despite most of them having happened 40+ years ago. Back then, sometimes we had to play a game where the ref hadnt grown up in Monreal and wasnt a life long fan of ours. Now thats gritty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

Ummm.... Being the best team in the regular season means nothing in the playoffs. I think we all learned that with the Patriots a few seasons back. Canucks and Montreal fans should look at that as an example.  The Canucks are not a better team, yes they may be more skilled , but the don't execute well against bigger , stronger, and a physical style team. Look at the 1980 USA Hockey team ......far from the most skilled team , yet they beat the Russians and then went on to win the gold. Point is skill is great to have but , and good system , defense, and Goaltending will trump it everytime.

Now that said I do not make predictions, nor will I but I don't see the offensive Juggernaut that was supposed to completely stomp the Bruins. Too me this series could have already been over already with how close games 1 and 2 were. I have a good feeling but we will see what happens. I think Boston has figured out Vancouver, just like they did with Tampa in game 7.