Canucks are better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

Re: Canucks are better

In Response to Re: Canucks are better:
    So barely eeeeeking out wins in GM1 and 2 then getting blown out 8-0 and 4-0 means your a better team? Gotcha! *cough* Idiot *cough*
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Fi you attended the same Quebec grade school we did, you would know the answer is yes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

The Canucks played the Oilers, Wild, Avs and pre-Christmas Flames quite a bit during the regular season...if they had just as much success when they played good teams I'll take it back, but those are a lot of games against weak teams, leading to a lot of points and possibly a padded presidents trophy winner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

So barely eeeeeking out wins in GM1 and 2 then getting blown out 8-0 and 4-0 means your a better team? Gotcha! *cough* Idiot *cough*
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

ha! kinda makes you wonder exactly what these frenchies would have to do if it wasn't for boston.com sports forums.......especially the bruins forum. 

what did that chump say???? home field advantage???? it was worth it cleaning up the cereal all over my screen after reading that one and laughing my azz off. 

note to all vancovah no-nuts fans........tim thomas is gonna beat you tonight like a red headed step child. knaw on that for a bit. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

In Response to Canucks are better:
    Despite losing the last 2 games, I still think the Canucks are the better team and they will win it all.  As long as they got the home field advantage, thats all that really matters, and everybody already knows that the Bruins love to choke in Vancouver.  I expect Boston will choke it big in the end because that is really what they do best.
    Posted by MON3AL11

It is so funny how these Bostons think non? In game 3 they scored 8 goals, in games 4 they scored 4. THat made them only HALF AS GOOD AS THE GAME BEFORE!!!! 50% LESS PRODUCTION IN 2 NIGHTS TIME!!! Unfortunately for them, we have the superior Quebecois educational system to know how these complicated calculuses work.
    And for those other arrogants who think to make fun, he is right. The Rogers Arena air conditioning system is so cheap, it is "home field" advantage.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Canucks are better:
    Despite losing the last 2 games, I still think the Canucks are the better team and they will win it all.  As long as they got the home field advantage, thats all that really matters, and everybody already knows that the Bruins love to choke in Vancouver.  I expect Boston will choke it big in the end because that is really what they do best.
    Posted by MON3AL11

The Canucks are better...at what...exactly?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Canucks are better : It is so funny how these Bostons think non? In game 3 they scored 8 goals, in games 4 they scored 4. THat made them only HALF AS GOOD AS THE GAME BEFORE!!!! 50% LESS PRODUCTION IN 2 NIGHTS TIME!!! Unfortunately for them, we have the superior Quebecois educational system to know how these complicated calculuses work. And for those other arrogants who think to make fun, he is right. The Rogers Arena air conditioning system is so cheap, it is "home field" advantage.
    Posted by habsno17

So the Canucks scored 1 goal (which was a BS play but I digress) then none, so they were worse too? 50% less production you say? I'll never complain when my team scores 4 goals and allows NONE. That's just embarassing for the team that lead the NHL in scoring this year. Or do you want to actually give credit to a Bruins team that has been built on defense?

I guess the "superior Quebecois educational system" failed to teach you that "calculuses" is not and will never be a word. I believe you were looking for the word CALCULATIONS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks are better : So the Canucks scored 1 goal (which was a BS play but I digress) then none, so they were worse too? 50% less production you say? I'll never complain when my team scores 4 goals and allows NONE. That's just embarassing for the team that lead the NHL in scoring this year. Or do you want to actually give credit to a Bruins team that has been built on defense? I guess the "superior Quebecois educational system" failed to teach you that "calculuses" is not and will never be a word. I believe you were looking for the word CALCULATIONS.
    Posted by lambda13

Correct.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Canucks are better : It is so funny how these Bostons think non? In game 3 they scored 8 goals, in games 4 they scored 4. THat made them only HALF AS GOOD AS THE GAME BEFORE!!!! 50% LESS PRODUCTION IN 2 NIGHTS TIME!!! Unfortunately for them, we have the superior Quebecois educational system to know how these complicated calculuses work. And for those other arrogants who think to make fun, he is right. The Rogers Arena air conditioning system is so cheap, it is "home field" advantage.
    Posted by habsno17

Good one Rain Boy. What time is Wapner on?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

You mean Judge Wapner? We dont have that show here yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The Canucks have a better roster. They play the games to see who has a better team, who has the better coaching and who has the ability to stay in their system and to quote Herb Brooks "play their game!"

And right now it appears that the Bruins may have the great equalizer for playing against the better team, a world class goalie is is hot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Thomas is HOT. But...What happened to stat geekness?  Surely there is a stat for woosiness, aka Eurotrash hockey, aka the Canucks.  They play in a conference that does not hit like the east.  Seems like LA Fakers circa '08, warmed over.

It's more than the goalie, it's the physicality.  Luongo doesn't have enough in front of him.  He's also been well scouted (go top shelf!).

Seems Belichickian.  Better plan + execution.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

The Canucks have a better roster. They play the games to see who has a better team, who has the better coaching and who has the ability to stay in their system and to quote Herb Brooks "play their game!" And right now it appears that the Bruins may have the great equalizer for playing against the better team, a world class goalie is is hot.
    Posted by fivekatz

Stepping outside my fake persona, Id like to comment here. How do we really know their roster is better than ours? Because their stats are?
    Our team is defense first, theirs is offense. If Claude let us loose for real, first off we wouldnt be as good a team, but who is to say we wouldnt have point scorers at their level. Claude is forcing our team to play complete, everyone, every name, making sure assignments are covered. It costs you stats, so I am not toally on board with them having the better roster. It also wins you games, when the whole team is committed to playing 100% both ways , every shift.

Sections
Shortcuts