Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins

http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/canucks-gm-mike-gillis-blames-emotional-regular-season-win-against-bruins-for-teams-struggles.html

The "best team in hockey" can't win a first round playoff series because they "wasted too much energy" on one regular season game 4 months ago. Sad.

Lame excuse, really. I think the Hodgson-Kassian trade really hurt them. Completely ripped them selves off. Even with Hodgson they still probably lose to the Kings, but it would have been more of a series.

How bout then Nucks, eh Null?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Re: Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins

haha i almost posted a couple days ago lets see them blame this one on the bruins, and somehow they manage to.  this might be the most ridiculous statement a gm has ever made.  God forbid you admit you were outplayed, no its gotta be some other thing cause you're so obviously better then everyone.

But hey, i don't mind if he wants to give the bruins credit for beating them 2 yrs in a row.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins:
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/canucks-gm-mike-gillis-blames-emotional-regular-season-win-against-bruins-for-teams-struggles.html The "best team in hockey" can't win a first round playoff series because they "wasted too much energy" on one regular season game 4 months ago. Sad. Lame excuse, really. I think the Hodgson-Kassian trade really hurt them. Completely ripped them selves off. Even with Hodgson they still probably lose to the Kings, but it would have been more of a series. How bout then Nucks, eh Null?
    Posted by Bisson1

Bisson - He can also blame the Bruins for preventing his team from winning the Cup last year.  I would also hold them responsible for being the superior team in The Finals. Wow!  That is a pitiful display of grasping at straws.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

And in other news......Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli blamed the Vancouver Canucks for allowing the Bruins to win the Stanely Cup in 2011.  "We won 4 games.  They won 3.  If they had won 4 and we won 3 they would be the champions.  But someone has to win and someone else has to lose."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins:
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/canucks-gm-mike-gillis-blames-emotional-regular-season-win-against-bruins-for-teams-struggles.html The "best team in hockey" can't win a first round playoff series because they "wasted too much energy" on one regular season game 4 months ago. Sad. Lame excuse, really. I think the Hodgson-Kassian trade really hurt them. Completely ripped them selves off. Even with Hodgson they still probably lose to the Kings, but it would have been more of a series. How bout then Nucks, eh Null?
    Posted by Bisson1

I think this is .... AWESOME.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I absolutely, seriously, undeniably can't believe this. Blows my mind.

So do the players reflect the coach? The coach reflect the GM? The GM reflect the fans? How does something this pathetic happen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins:
    I absolutely, seriously, undeniably can't believe this. Blows my mind. So do the players reflect the coach? The coach reflect the GM? The GM reflect the fans? How does something this pathetic happen?
    Posted by asmaha

I'm amazed by this too Asmaha. I guess that means we did beat them out 2 years in a row.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Someone interviewing Gillis.

Q
    What can you attribute the close game losses to?
    A
    "How can any team lose their top winger and still win playoff hockey? Come on tell me".
    Q
    The Bruins lost their top winger in Horton and still managed to defeat your more talented team. 
    A
    ahhhhhhh........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The whole culture of that organization needs to be changed. They are an embarassment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That Gillis attributes the Bruins for getting into his club's collective heads so deeply inadvertantly reveals a mental state that perhaps was too fragile to withstand the pressures of winning the Cup anyway.  Case in point.  Luongo giving way to Schneider for the start vs the Bruins in Boston in January. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am emotionally drained from lame excuses for performance.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Posted by Bisson1

The Bruins struggle too for two months after that game. By chance for the Nucks, the refs gave them the game. What a fool comment made by the GM. I think they lost too much energy to win the President Trophy. They should learn to win just the division title like the Bruins did the last 2 seasons and not be exhausted when the playoffs start.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins:
    Someone interviewing Gillis. Q What can you attribute the close game losses to? A "How can any team lose their top winger and still win playoff hockey? Come on tell me". Q The Bruins lost their top winger in Horton and still managed to defeat your more talented team.  A ahhhhhhh........
    Posted by perrysound

Top Center and Winger.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Amazing.  Maybe he's hoping all the reporters asking the Bruins tomorrow will distract them, so his team won't be the only Finals team out in the first round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How bout then Nucks, eh Null?
    Posted by Bisson1

You had earned a lot of points in my book...until this.

Trolls talk to themsevles enough.  What would be the benefit of encouraging them to post more?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins : Top Center and Winger.
    Posted by Bisson1

Krejci?  Bergeron?  They both played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins : Top Center and Winger.
    Posted by Bisson1

It's crazy that it seems like so long ago that we lost Savard but he did play 25 games last year. Crazier still is that Bergeron missed a similar amount of time earlier in his career. It's so strange how concussions affect each player in different ways. I mean, there's Bergeron going balls out for another Cup run while poor Savard is struggling for some normalcy. It's sad really and I wish him the best but that doesn't mean I don't still dream of the Bruins with a healthy Savard out on the PP. I hate Matt Cooke!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

As a Bruins fan all I can say is.....your welcome Mr. Gillis. Any time the B's can bring your team down, they will undoubtably and happily oblige.

Best of luck in the off season good sir. You have much to do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In Response to Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins : You had earned a lot of points in my book...until this. Trolls talk to themsevles enough.  What would be the benefit of encouraging them to post more?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

points earned from a stanger on the internet, what he's always wanted i'm sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins : You had earned a lot of points in my book...until this. Trolls talk to themsevles enough.  What would be the benefit of encouraging them to post more?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Just a tad hypocritical. Weren't you one of the few who had signatures directed towards him (I could be wrong)? >.>

Null won't respond he's too busy creating a new conspiracy for this years Canuck failure. Kicking the troll while he's down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

saw more of the interview, gillis also rips hodgson saying he spent more time on hodgson issues then all other players combined and they only played him so much to build him into a tradeable asset, and that they never gave him defensive zone faceoffs "by design".  He will do anything to steer blame from himself it seems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

saw more of the interview, gillis also rips hodgson saying he spent more time on hodgson issues then all other players combined and they only played him so much to build him into a tradeable asset, and that they never gave him defensive zone faceoffs "by design".  He will do anything to steer blame from himself it seems.
    Posted by Neecic

If you're going to spend so much time building a guy up to trade him, why the hell would it be for Zach Kassian. Could have done better than that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks GM blames first round loss on January game against the Bruins : Just a tad hypocritical. Weren't you one of the few who had signatures directed towards him (I could be wrong)? />.> Null won't respond he's too busy creating a new conspiracy for this years Canuck failure. Kicking the troll while he's down.
    Posted by Bisson1

Bazinga!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

All I can say is....

The Canucks won that January game; had they lost, would that have caused them to miss the playoffs entirely?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Mike Gillis is such a whiner, I can't believe he is a former Bruin.

Sections
Shortcuts