CANUCKS-LA series thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Well, should they bow out to the Kings, I imagine Vigneault will be gone. The culture of that team needs to be changed, and quickly. The antics are now predictable and tiring.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I think the same can be said of Bylsma.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : I think the same can be said of Bylsma.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Red, he's got a ring with the Pens to fall back on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : I think the same can be said of Bylsma.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

If Bylsma was let go by the Pens there'd be a lineup of teams waiting to hire him. Can't see it happening anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

daniel to join practice on tuesday.  Looks like a panic move, i hope he's not being brought back to soon, we've seen where that can lead.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393363

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]daniel to join practice on tuesday.  Looks like a panic move, i hope he's not being brought back to soon, we've seen where that can lead. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393363
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Not a good idea.  He's not going to be effective given he's only been skating just a little.  Plus, have to face that the series is lost.  With the way the Kings have been playing I just don't see a 3 games none come back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Not a good idea.  He's not going to be effective given he's only been skating just a little.  Plus, have to face that the series is lost.  With the way the Kings have been playing I just don't see a 3 games none come back.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Neither do I,  but be honest: did any of you guys see Philly coming back from 0-3 against the B's?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Neither do I,  but be honest: did any of you guys see Philly coming back from 0-3 against the B's?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

No but I see it as a bit of a different situation.  Consider this:  The Bruins didn't enter the playoffs that year after winning the President's Trophy two years in a row like the 111 point Canucks have.  The Bruins weren't one of the heavy favourites to win the Cup that season like Vancouver is this year and was last year. 

That Boston club was goal-starved.  When they lost Krejci, arguably their best player in the playoffs up to that point it was over for them.  They couldn't and didn't recover.  The same high expectations were not on that Bruin team of two years ago as they presently are on the top-quality Canucks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : No but I see it as a bit of a different situation.  Consider this:  The Bruins didn't enter the playoffs that year after winning the President's Trophy two years in a row like the 111 point Canucks have.  The Bruins weren't one of the heavy favourites to win the Cup that season like Vancouver is this year and was last year.  That Boston club was goal-starved.  When they lost Krejci, arguably their best player in the playoffs up to that point it was over for them.  They couldn't and didn't recover.  The same high expectations were not on that Bruin team of two years ago as they presently are on the top-quality Canucks. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the Canucks, sans D. Sedin, were considered at the start of the playoffs to be a "heavy favourite" to win the Cup. Personally, I was hoping that the Sharks would have drawn that #8 seed, because they were a better match-up for the Canucks, and I was very concerned about LA's strong surge after the trade deadline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : I don't know if the Canucks, sans D. Sedin, were considered at the start of the playoffs to be a "heavy favourite" to win the Cup. Personally, I was hoping that the Sharks would have drawn that #8 seed, because they were a better match-up for the Canucks, and I was very concerned about LA's strong surge after the trade deadline.
    They were the Presidents trophy winners and were picked by 95% of the pre playoff polls to be in the Cup final along with the Penguins. I would say they were considered one of the heavy favorites.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : They were the Presidents trophy winners and were picked by 95% of the pre playoff polls to be in the Cup final along with the Penguins. I would say they were considered one of the heavy favorites.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Not by me.

If you'd hit me with the truth serum, I'd have said "Blues vs. Rangers" (though my heart was hoping for a rematch).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Not by me. If you'd hit me with the truth serum, I'd have said "Blues vs. Rangers" (though my heart was hoping for a rematch).

Enjoy the sweep by the kings in game 4 and remember

SEDINS
    2 SISTERS
    NO CUP

I just hope you guys don't trash your city again like last spring please don't think of the kids

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuII. Show nuII's posts

Personally I think the officiating in this series has been quite good.  Well done, NHL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I think the officiating in this series has been quite good.  Well done, NHL.
    Posted by nuII[/QUOTE]

Watching the detectives....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bumping this thread.

Schenider starting tonight. Luongo will be in TO by the summer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : I don't know if the Canucks, sans D. Sedin, were considered at the start of the playoffs to be a "heavy favourite" to win the Cup. Personally, I was hoping that the Sharks would have drawn that #8 seed, because they were a better match-up for the Canucks, and I was very concerned about LA's strong surge after the trade deadline.

Most sports media outlets I read, heard or saw on televison had Vancouver among the prominent favourites to emerge from the West and pose a serious threat to win it all.  I have no idea what the west coast observers thought. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Sat 5 rows above the hit (compliments of Mercury Ins. TY!)
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Mr. High-Life Name-Dropper over here. :^)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Mr. High-Life Name-Dropper over here. :^)
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Or some shameless advertising...lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

So Daniel Sedin is playing tonight. Could be interesting providing he is truly ready to play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

First and foremost I would love to see a Bs/Canucks final once again.  Yet isn't it odd that this year's favorites are no longer favorites when they go down 3-0 in the series, and the only comparison a Nucklehead fan can make to defend the performance thus far is to look back to the Bs/Flyers series of two years ago. Desperate.  Another words, looking back one year, the Bs were the better team in the finals in so many ways!  Goalies, forwards, defense and yes the Bs had injuries too...ah Horton!  Face the music! 

On a side note, Manchester Monarch fans are looking at the series with interest, heh?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very True Islamorada. Once the B's get past the Caps and Van is knocked out, not even the most hardocre Nuck fan should be able to have the stones to talk smack anymore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Schneider starting to make "wonderful" saves as per Jim Hughson on CBC....shades of Luongo...lol.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kopitar makes it 1-0. Little Raymond just can't handle him. No wonderful save there by Schenider.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

1-0 LA.

Canucks are going down and will leave the experts (and Canuckleheads) scratching their heads wondering how they could have been so wrong.

At least this is what I hope will happen while I sleep tonight...can't stay up to watch a West Coast game from the East Coast tonight. G'night all.

Sections
Shortcuts