CANUCKS-LA series thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread

Again, to be fair to the Nucks (is there such a thing), they are playing  a team that vastly underperformed in the regular season. Having Kopitar, Brown, Richards, and Carter as their top four (as well as Quick in net) is nothing to sneeze at. LA is finally coming into their own while Vancouver is playing how they did in the regular season which is simply not good enough at this time of year. This is not your normal team that sneaks into the playoffs. The Nucks have to step it up or they will not be long in this post-season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : luc - Agreed.  I'm not counting out the Canucks.  I'm taking delight in their unfortunate (for them) situation. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about counting them out quite yet, but they are going in that direction. Canuckiens need a massive rewire of head and ash together to get it together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Again, to be fair to the Nucks (is there such a thing), they are playing  a team that vastly underperformed in the regular season. Having Kopitar, Brown, Richards, and Carter as their top four (as well as Quick in net) is nothing to sneeze at. LA is finally coming into their own while Vancouver is playing how they did in the regular season which is simply not good enough at this time of year. This is not your normal team that sneaks into the playoffs. The Nucks have to step it up or they will not be long in this post-season.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

I said this before the playoffs started, Too many good players on the L.A team had subpar years and got in on Quicks play. Now, theyre playing the way they should. Dangerous team right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Very true Kel. It is only the first 2 games but if LA can finish off the Nucks they may be the surprise team of the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I won't count the nucks out 'till the fat guy doesn't sing.(actually the anthem singer lost a ton of weight) Schneider will start the next game and it may be the last time we see Luongo.I'm enjoying the loss but can't see them going down this early.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Luongo to Toronto for their 1st rounder. Book it.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Burke has said he won't trade their 1st round pick. Of course that could change like a weather forecast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]LA's MVP after the first two games... Duncan Keith!
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

You know not to blame it on injuries.  Your team snow plowed through their last 7-8 games to get the Presidents trophy.  They didn't seem to miss him.
    There's a malaise in your team.
    I didn't think the Kings had it in them although the series is not over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : You know not to blame it on injuries.  Your team snow plowed through their last 7-8 games to get the Presidents trophy.  They didn't seem to miss him. There's a malaise in your team  , I didn't think the Kings had it in them.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

How lame is it to say you're losing to the 8th place seed by missing one player?

I say very lame.

I got in late last night and only saw the third, but the Canucks look desperate and beaten to me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : How lame is it to say you're losing to the 8th place seed by missing one player? I say very lame. I got in late last night and only saw the third, but the Canucks look desperate and beaten to me.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Smile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]LA's MVP after the first two games... Duncan Keith!

Canucks MVP - Excuses!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Canucks MVP - Excuses!
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Exactly BB.  Case in point:
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Cole+Canucks+challenge+
    more+desperate+longer+Daniel+Sedin+sidelined/6456853/story.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Burke has said he won't trade their 1st round pick. Of course that could change like a weather forecast.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Should the Canucks lose to the Kings, I'm guessing we may see Schneider, and Vancouver finds someone to take on Luongos contract I cannot see a number 1 pick going the other way for a goaltender that gets boo'd out of a city.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Should the Canucks lose to the Kings, I'm guessing we may see Schneider, and Vancouver finds someone to take on Luongos contract I cannot see a number 1 pick going the other way for a goaltender that gets boo'd out of a city.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Just from what I saw last night I wouldn't pin this on Luongo, I saw Canucks running around, out of position - on that 4th goal you had 3 Canucks diving on a puck, make that attempting to dive on a puck leaving a guy free to tuck one in on the far side from behind the net.  I just look at that picture and it strikes me as something that just shouldn't happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Man I would be so awesome if they got swept.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Just from what I saw last night I wouldn't pin this on Luongo, I saw Canucks running around, out of position - on that 4th goal you had 3 Canucks diving on a puck, make that attempting to dive on a puck leaving a guy free to tuck one in on the far side from behind the net.  I just look at that picture and it strikes me as something that just shouldn't happen.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I actually thought he played very well in game 1. On that Brown goal, your right, actually 4 of them all went towards Kopitar, and a defenseman almost put it in his own net forcing Luongo to make a save on that. I'm sure he realized he was out of position and tried giving the puck to Luongo to cover.
    Should they lose, they'll blame the coach, G.M and the goalie.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

One thing that few have mentioned, but that I'm noticing is how well the Kings are playing, and how deep they are on their forward lines.  Watching the game, their systems play is outstanding, they pressure the puck constantly, and are rarely caught out of position.

Back in October, many, many pundits expected the Kings to contend for the Western Conference berth in the Final, and they spent most of the season stumbling and bumbling around on offense, but always playing stout defense.  Since Mar 1, they've increased their GF/gm by 0.82, which is a significant amount, statistically speaking.

Their push to make the playoffs allowed them to fine tune their game, and it now appears that they're peaking at the right time. Over the first two games, the Kings are the team making fewer mistakes.

But as we all know, 2 games do not a series make.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]One thing that few have mentioned, but that I'm noticing is how well the Kings are playing, and how deep they are on their forward lines.  Watching the game, their systems play is outstanding, they pressure the puck constantly, and are rarely caught out of position. Back in October, many, many pundits expected the Kings to contend for the Western Conference berth in the Final, and they spent most of the season stumbling and bumbling around on offense, but always playing stout defense.  Since Mar 1, they've increased their GF/gm by 0.82, which is a significant amount, statistically speaking. Their push to make the playoffs allowed them to fine tune their game, and it now appears that they're peaking at the right time. Over the first two games, the Kings are the team making fewer mistakes. But as we all know, 2 games do not a series make.

Only 2 games North, your right. Didn't I tell you they'd wake up and double their goals come playoff time? I'm always wary of that team that underacheives during the regular season yet still sneaks in, theyre dangerous. I'd paint the Sharks with that brush as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]One thing that few have mentioned, but that I'm noticing is how well the Kings are playing, and how deep they are on their forward lines.  Watching the game, their systems play is outstanding, they pressure the puck constantly, and are rarely caught out of position. Back in October, many, many pundits expected the Kings to contend for the Western Conference berth in the Final, and they spent most of the season stumbling and bumbling around on offense, but always playing stout defense.  Since Mar 1, they've increased their GF/gm by 0.82, which is a significant amount, statistically speaking. Their push to make the playoffs allowed them to fine tune their game, and it now appears that they're peaking at the right time. Over the first two games, the Kings are the team making fewer mistakes. But as we all know, 2 games do not a series make.
    All good observations, and L.A is far better than their record suggests.That being said and as much as i want the Nucks to be swept, it isn't over yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Burke has said he won't trade their 1st round pick. Of course that could change like a weather forecast.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Burke's ego can make anything happen Chowdah....LOL.

But seriously, it likely won't be a straight up 1-for-1 deal but will include many other parts. Both teams (should Van lose this series of course) need to change but seem to be unwilling to re-build. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

"Leaky" Lu to Tampa, he might want to reconnect with his wife & kids.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

Kings all to way.. till they meet the Bruins  ;-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Kings all to way.. till they meet the Bruins  ;-)
    Posted by ccoul[/QUOTE]

I want to punch your avatar in the face.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Part of me wants Schnieder to have a good game, but part of me wants him and the Canucks to get lit up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hoping I last watching this one. Actually if Dez is still up, I should.  It's like 2am in his part of town LOL
    Should be a another good one, maybe not as good as the Flyers-Pens but none the less.
    Canuck fan holding a " I believe" sign.  They stole our wooooo , they stole our song after a goal and now the Bruins rally sign from last season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Hoping I last watching this one. Actually if Dez is still up, I should.  It's like 2am in his part of town LOL Should be a another good one, maybe not as good as the Flyers-Pens but none the less. Canuck fan holding a " I believe" sign.  They stole our wooooo , they stole our song after a goal and now the Bruins rally sign from last season.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    It's 11:40pm here Legion and I'll be watching the game.