CANUCKS-LA series thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread

Looks like Van is trying to play it a little more tough. Not their style, even Vigneault has said as much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Stupid penalty by Fraser there. No wonder he barely plays.

And Van scores.

LA GM should release Fraser immediately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nucks take the lead. Thanks again Fraser.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nice elbow by Sedin on Brown. Some guys never learn.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's great that the game is on NBC Sports.

It's awesome how it's the Canadian broadcast and the homerism of the announcers.  I'm a huge fan of Jim Hughson and would much rather listen to him call the game instead of "Knifed it Away" Emerick, but wow, the tilt to the Canucks here is incredible! 

Calling half of the guys by their first name only is just a start. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hughson started his career on CBC doing Nuck games late night on Saturdays so that is probably why he has such a soft spot for them. He is much better when calls TO and Hab games. I don't think he likes either of those teams very much. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Penalty shot......no goal.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It's funny. When the Canucks are winning they try to act tough, but when they are losing their a bunch of little bi*ches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:
    [QUOTE]I think it's great that the game is on NBC Sports. It's awesome how it's the Canadian broadcast and the homerism of the announcers.  I'm a huge fan of Jim Hughson and would much rather listen to him call the game instead of "Knifed it Away" Emerick, but wow, the tilt to the Canucks here is incredible!  Calling half of the guys by their first name only is just a start. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Ha.  At least the puck won't be "squibbed forward" a dozen times...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

If NBC would spend more time calling the game instead of trying to teach their audience the game of hockey it would be a bit better.

Also, Doc, you can't scream "WHAT A SAVE!!!!" when the puck doesn't even get to the goaltender.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]1-0 LA. Canucks are going down and will leave the experts (and Canuckleheads) scratching their heads wondering how they could have been so wrong. At least this is what I hope will happen while I sleep tonight...can't stay up to watch a West Coast game from the East Coast tonight. G'night all.
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

Amazing what you miss while you're asleep, eh?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Hughson started his career on CBC doing Nuck games late night on Saturdays so that is probably why he has such a soft spot for them. He is much better when calls TO and Hab games. I don't think he likes either of those teams very much. 
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Before that, he was the Canucks TV guy on Sportsnet, before that, he was the Canucks radio guy, and before that, he was born in Fort St. John, BC.  So I think it's tough to blame for being a bit of a homer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No it's not.  If he's a pro, he should be able to put that aside.

I'll say this, though - radio here picked up the Canuck pre-game in last year's finals, and Hughson was the host.  And the garbage he spewed on that show would make you cringe.  The TV guy veneer was gone and he was just another radio personality.  He was insufferable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I was falling asleep at the 12 minute mark of the second and it was all I could do to get to the end of the period before I passed out.

I woke up this morning not thinking about hockey at all when my last dream came back to mind, in the dream the guy said, 'The King wipes it clean.'  And for a second I was thinking I wonder what the heck that means and then I thought, oh wow, wouldn't it be something if the Kings swept last night.

So I immediately checked the score.

And then I made my disappointment face.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Now the Canuck fans can state clearly that it was the goaltending, the injuries, and the officiating that cost them the series with LA.  I still would like to see them face the Bs once again in the Cup finals. Oh well, 39 years and counting.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Before that, he was the Canucks TV guy on Sportsnet, before that, he was the Canucks radio guy, and before that, he was born in Fort St. John, BC.  So I think it's tough to blame for being a bit of a homer.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point. He is the way he is for a reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Now the Canuck fans can state clearly that it was the goaltending, the injuries, and the officiating that cost them the series with LA.  I still would like to see them face the Bs once again in the Cup finals. Oh well, 39 years and counting.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

They are going to ride Schneider to the end. Luongo is done. Very interesting development.

Don't worry, this will be over soon. LA will take it in 5. I don't want a re-match with these guys. They had their chance and now it is someone else's turn.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:[QUOTE]If NBC would spend more time calling the game instead of trying to teach their audience the game of hockey it would be a bit better. Also, Doc, you can't scream "WHAT A SAVE!!!!" when the puck doesn't even get to the goaltender.Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I had the CBC feed through NBC last night it was terrible, biggest homer Canucklehead announcers out there. Every time one of the Sedins did anything remotely good their voices got louder. Doc smokes both of those loser announcers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:[QUOTE]LA needs to win this tonight. Or there WILL be a game 7. Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I'll take that bet...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : I had the CBC feed through NBC last night it was terrible, biggest homer Canucklehead announcers out there. Every time one of the Sedins did anything remotely good their voices got louder. Doc smokes both of those loser announcers!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

welcome to my world.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Nice elbow by Sedin on Brown. Some guys never learn.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

You know after his borther comes back from an elbow to the head he does that.  Of course not as bad, none the less a cheap shot.
    The Brown hit was clean, move on Sedin !
    Brown is one tough hombre, does Sedin really want to get this guy upset !
    I see Vancouver winning the next game and then it's in the hands of L.A. to finish it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

was looking forward to being able to watch what i hope is the final game either tonight or tomorrow and i see that they don't play until sunday, thats 3 days off, wth?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]was looking forward to being able to watch what i hope is the final game either tonight or tomorrow and i see that they don't play until sunday, thats 3 days off, wth?
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]
    I was also wondering why they have 3 days off between games 4 & 5.