CANUCKS-LA series thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread

I don't believe LA can beat them 4 times, but we can only hope.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:
    In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Funny because my computer is on Pacific time, 942pm. I'm not 2-2, should have been 4-1 or 3-1 , so many PP for Kings . They'll pay for it.
    Posted by BsLegion

Hopefully they pay for it 3 more times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kesler dove more than a couple times which is embarrassing. When he interfered with Quick, he acted as if he got shot.  Seriously, YOU made contact with the goalie, not the other way around.   And yeah the announcers really want them some Canuck meat in their mouth.  
    Posted by amazinglarry

I've said on numerous threads how much I like Kesler. It's just that cheap stuff he does that I really hate.  Like in the face off circle, after every draw win or lose he either cross checks the opposing center or slashes him. Just cheap !
    Problem , most of the time it was Richards and that's someone he maybe has awaken .  Ask Burrows.
    Did anyone notice Kesler , after giving his patent cross check on a face off, going up ice rolling on the ice embellishing trying to get a call ?
    These guys (Lapierre, Burrows) don't get it . The refs have it in for them for making them look stupid game after game.
    Richards, while did hit Button back when a Flyer,  comes around when most needed, the playoffs.  That's if he doesn't play hurt. Against the Bruins for some reason, aside for that hit on Krejci a few years back , he's been pretty quiet.

and Chowdah , I can't believe the Canucks failed on their PP.  That was the game right there,  where they usually make teams pay (past playoffs before the final of course) was the PP. Missing D Sedin and could it be also Erhoff ?  Ouch !

p.s. 49 I didn't mention Marchand only because this is a thread for the Canucks series.  Although Marchand had toned it down a lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I thoroughly enjoyed the ending and realized that I can't root for this team, even if I kinda want to face them in the finals again.

Watching Kesler in the 3rd period is just everything I can't stand out this team.  He's a big, strong skating player, yet there he is -- hanging on Richards then inexplicably diving to the ice while throwing his stick and swinging his head back.  Will it ever stop?  Thankfully the refs don't seem to be buying it, but you almost have to think that AV or Gillis is instructing them to dive.  I hate it.

Burrows should be thanking the D-man (didn't catch who) for the slow pass behind him that allowed him to get smoked by Richards.

Bad turnover by Edler.  Really looking forward to game 2.  I wonder if Bitz gets suspended?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

We now have proof NBC and the L.A. media had a touch in this game.
    How many viewers in L.A. ?  Good for NBC rating .  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Null's new enemy is LA. Well at least we now have something in common. LA looked wayyyy better than Vancouver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I thoroughly enjoyed the ending and realized that I can't root for this team, even if I kinda want to face them in the finals again. Watching Kesler in the 3rd period is just everything I can't stand out this team.  He's a big, strong skating player, yet there he is -- hanging on Richards then inexplicably diving to the ice while throwing his stick and swinging his head back.  Will it ever stop?  Thankfully the refs don't seem to be buying it, but you almost have to think that AV or Gillis is instructing them to dive.  I hate it. Burrows should be thanking the D-man (didn't catch who) for the slow pass behind him that allowed him to get smoked by Richards. Bad turnover by Edler.  Really looking forward to game 2.  I wonder if Bitz gets suspended?
    Posted by Fletcher1

You can be sure "Tomato face" Gillis and their coach are behind this, its the way they are being coached, plus of course some of their players can't help themselves. If things don't start going the Nucks way you can bet Gillis will hold a press conference to complain about the reffing, like last year against Chicago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

That was a poor effort by the Canucks.  More traffic in front of Quick is needed.  He's a good enough goalie as it is, when he can see everything, he's almost airtight.  The one play where he tried to get the goalie interference penalty, he lost his concentration, Burr's shot drifted past his shoulder, and he whined to the refs.  The second goal was a weird bounce, down off the ice then back up to the top corner. The Canucks have to avoid the stupid penalties;  it just killed them tonight. The Kings winner was a horrible play by Edler.
    Posted by 49-North

Watched the late 2nd and 3rd, and I agree with your assessment. Just poor decisions all around late in the game. That last power play for the Canucks must've had you scratching your head...you would have thought it was a Bruin's powerplay. That gift from Edler was just terrible (if you're a Canucks fan Wink).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Watched the late 2nd and 3rd, and I agree with your assessment. Just poor decisions all around late in the game. That last power play for the Canucks must've had you scratching your head...you would have thought it was a Bruin's powerplay. That gift from Edler was just terrible (if you're a Canucks fan ).
    Posted by seobrien

We're seeing the same Edler they had on ice against the Bruins in last years finals.  Marchand made minced meat out of the guy. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

hahahahaha

"Just minutes after their 4-2 win over the top-seeded Canucks and taking home-ice advantage away from the defending conference champions, someone in the Kings organization sent out a simple one-line message on the team's official Twitter account.

"To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome," it read."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

ok bring it!!!
    as soon as i call penner out the guy has the game winner against Vancouver in game 1.
    i can take it.
    i am such a mush.
    last year i did the same thing with kesler like game 2 of the Nashville series and not 10 mins later the dominated the rest of the series.
    whatever to my defense penner played in 65 games and had 7 goals 10 assists. but whatever i got it in the face. maybe tonight illl call out lucic and he is bound to have a hat trick knowing my luck!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Now the pressure is on the Canuckleheads for game 2. What a coup it would be if LA pounded Luongo into dust the next game. Then I will really be able to enjoy games 3 and 4 in LA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

The funny part about last night's game was that Luongo actually played well, it was the rest of the team that played like garbage.

Kesler was dirty diving all over the place. After that performance, I don't blame the media for calling him one of the most disappointing players this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The funny part about last night's game was that Luongo actually played well, it was the rest of the team that played like garbage. Kesler was dirty diving all over the place. After that performance, I don't blame the media for calling him one of the most disappointing players this year.
    Posted by nrguy

Agreed. Bobby-Lu wasn't the problem with them last night. They hung him out to dry on the game winner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

hahahahaha "Just minutes after their 4-2 win over the top-seeded Canucks and taking home-ice advantage away from the defending conference champions, someone in the Kings organization sent out a simple one-line message on the team's official Twitter account. "To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome," it read."
    Posted by seobrien

LOL... I know I got it also.  They must have gotten so many tweets last night .
    Jeez, there are a lot of Canadians that dislike the Canucks. WOW !

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Your right, a lot of rednecks in Alberta have computers now.  Didn't Gregorys Daddys crew did a bang up job, as ususal? It's almost like last year final series.  The Refs will Make you or Break you            Jack Torrance
    Posted by null

Aw, that's cute that you still think the refs cost the Nucks last night since they were clearly the beneficiaries of a goal on a missed goaltender interference play. It's neat that you can go from pathetic to cute and back, all in one thread. If only you could make money as a troll........you're very good at it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

The scene outside the rink after Vancouver's game 1 loss to LA:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Here is a picture of a disappointed Canuck fan after the loss:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Don't worry Canucks fans, next game is Alex Burrow's Bobblehead day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Plus, your favorite set of twins will both dress:

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

And if you want to add a little grease to your city fires, you always have...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Then again, Luongo might be busy doing other things...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

But he is a good goalie--most of the time--

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts