CANUCKS-LA series thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Suggest you invest in a pvr but i will bring you up to date. Kesler gets a chintzy unsportsmanlike conduct and Kings score on the PP to tie the game.   Devorski has given the shaft to the Canuck many times in the past, and usually with chintzy calls. Him and O’Rourke are two of Gregorys Daddys favourites behind Walkom, O’Halloran, Sutherland and Walsh. Bye the way, don't you find it a bit embarrassing to see the officiating tilt the ice in the B's favor all the time?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    Yes, winning Cups is a huge embarrassment. If Van could ever win one they could decide whether or not to be embarrassed. Until then..........

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Not sure if somebody else posted this blog by Damien Cox or not but this is for null.

Until your team gets it and I doubt you will ever get it, they will have no shot at winning the Cup.

Same Old Canucks

In Vancouver, the Canucks dropped their fifth playoff game in their last six outings, and second straight on home ice, dating back to the Cup final against Boston.

Led by Mike Richards, the Kings pounded on the Western Conference winning Canucks and outplayed them by a wide margin. Vancouver, meanwhile, took a host of bad penalities, including a five-minute hitting-from-behind foul on winger Byron Bitz in the tradition of ex-Canuck Raffi Torres that knocked Kyle Clifford out of the game and could receive further scrutiny from league officials.

It was a night when the Canucks seemed to get back into the cheap histrionics that made them so disliked throughout the hockey industry last spring and led to their downfall. Ryan Kesler, as usual, led the way with some embarrassing dramatics, first getting away with an interference call on L.A. goalie Jonathan Quick on Vancouver's first goal, a play Kesler sold to the officials with one of his patented head snaps for effect.

The refs seemed to understand they'd missed one, and shortly thereafter Kesler was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for snowing Quick in his crease. Purely bush league stuff, the kind of things the Canucks weren't supposed to be doing anymore.

Later in the game, Kesler faked an elaborate tumble in the neutral zone that the officials ignored, then stuck his stick in Jarret Stoll's privates after the whistle.

No one seems to know why such a talented player gets involved in such nonsense, but Kesler made a strong statement on opening night that he intends to continue to try and get away with the same garbage that didn't work last spring against the Bruins. By the third, Alex Burrows and Henrik Sedin were diving again to try and draw penalties. The Kings, meanwhile, just played through it, with Richards delivering the punctuation mark on the night with a devastating open ice hit on Burrows.

Dustin Penner, he of the pancake injury, potted the winner late in the third to snap a 2-2 tie.

For Vancouver, all those penalties and all that nonsense was a big surprise. Unless the Canucks knock it off and fast, this could be a brief Stanley Cup playoff appearance rather than the beginning of another long spring run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]But he is a good goalie--most of the time--
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

Awesome post. Actually I thought ol' Bobby 5-hole played pretty well last night. The Canucks came out too fired up and tried to be too physical. Theyre not a physical team so they dont know how to play like one, hence the dumb penalties.

Spraying the goalie is just stupid, Kesler is better than that. First when you spray the goalie, you obviously risk a real dumb penalty, secondly, you give the goaltender a nice cooling down. I actually don't mind it, it feels good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Excellent article by Mr. Cox.  Exactly what so many of us are seeing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure if somebody else posted this blog by Damien Cox or not but this is for null. Until your team gets it and I doubt you will ever get it, they will have no shot at winning the Cup. Same Old Canucks In Vancouver, the Canucks dropped their fifth playoff game in their last six outings, and second straight on home ice, dating back to the Cup final against Boston. Led by Mike Richards, the Kings pounded on the Western Conference winning Canucks and outplayed them by a wide margin. Vancouver, meanwhile, took a host of bad penalities, including a five-minute hitting-from-behind foul on winger Byron Bitz in the tradition of ex-Canuck Raffi Torres that knocked Kyle Clifford out of the game and could receive further scrutiny from league officials. It was a night when the Canucks seemed to get back into the cheap histrionics that made them so disliked throughout the hockey industry last spring and led to their downfall. Ryan Kesler, as usual, led the way with some embarrassing dramatics, first getting away with an interference call on L.A. goalie Jonathan Quick on Vancouver's first goal, a play Kesler sold to the officials with one of his patented head snaps for effect. The refs seemed to understand they'd missed one, and shortly thereafter Kesler was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct for snowing Quick in his crease. Purely bush league stuff, the kind of things the Canucks weren't supposed to be doing anymore. Later in the game, Kesler faked an elaborate tumble in the neutral zone that the officials ignored, then stuck his stick in Jarret Stoll's privates after the whistle. No one seems to know why such a talented player gets involved in such nonsense, but Kesler made a strong statement on opening night that he intends to continue to try and get away with the same garbage that didn't work last spring against the Bruins. By the third, Alex Burrows and Henrik Sedin were diving again to try and draw penalties. The Kings, meanwhile, just played through it, with Richards delivering the punctuation mark on the night with a devastating open ice hit on Burrows. Dustin Penner, he of the pancake injury, potted the winner late in the third to snap a 2-2 tie. For Vancouver, all those penalties and all that nonsense was a big surprise. Unless the Canucks knock it off and fast, this could be a brief Stanley Cup playoff appearance rather than the beginning of another long spring run.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Nice blog. Pretty much sums up the game. Not sure many of his collegues agree with him, however. There has been much talk among hockey pundits of how the refs are trying to "take over" the playoffs. Most of the examples were Vancouver's penalties and alleged non-penalties. Here's to LA taking them out early....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Diving and Canucks should be made into a compound word. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Diving and Canucks should be made into a compound word. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

How about Caniving?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : How about Caniving?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]
    I like it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Funny how a Bruin can break another players back and no call and a Canuck gives a goalie a little snow and gets 2 min. Some would conclude somethink stinks. Bye the way mighty troll destroyer, are you ever going to answer the following question. Over 7 games, penalties called in the 1st period were: Vancouver - 43 minutes Boston - 16 minutes Do you find anything peculiar with that stat?  Lets hear your lame excuse. The Refs can Make you or Break you     Jack Torrance  
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    Start with the fact it isn't right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : How about Caniving?
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

There you go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bitz just got 2 games from Shanahan:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392996

Not surprising.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

On another subject of what NBC wants, list of top 21 biggest US cities which roughly translates to largest media markets.  After all, how many people do you know who don't own a tv.  Boston is number 21.  So if NBC wanted to fix this, they would certainly make sure the top cities would get into the finals.  Check the cities in front of Boston and note how many have NHL teams.  I see Rangers, Kings, Hawks, Flyers, Coyotes, Stars, Blue Jackets, Red Wings and Sharks in front of the Bruins.

1. New York, New York (pop 8,213,839)
    2. Los Angeles, California(pop 3,794,640)
    3. Chicago, Illinois (pop 2,824,584)
    4. Houston, Texas (pop 2,076,189)
    5. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (pop 1,517,628)
    6. Phoenix, Arizona (pop 1,476,331)
    7. San Diego, California (pop 1,284,347)
    8. San Antonio, Texas (pop 1,258,733)
    9. Dallas, Texas (pop 1,246,185)
    10. Detroit, Michigan (pop 921,147)
    11. San Jose, California (pop 908,870)
    12. Indianapolis, Indiana (pop 789,250)
    13. Jacksonville, Florida (pop 786,938)
    14. San Francisco, California(pop 777,660)
    15. Columbus, Ohio (pop 738,782)
    16. Austin, Texas (pop 708,293)
    17. Memphis, Tennessee (pop 680,515)
    18. Baltimore, Maryland (pop 640,064)
    19. Charlotte, North Carolina (pop 634,059)
    20. Fort Worth, Texas (pop 622,311)
    21. Boston, Massachusetts (pop 609,690)

Read more:http://www.city-data.com/top1.html#ixzz1rsvHmIyR

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : So Bad, where's Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg on your NBC marketing chart?  I'm guessing NBC marketing dept. wouldn't be pleased to see Canadian based teams advancing...hence Gregorys Daddys Officiating Crew managing the game outcome as much as possible! The Refs can Make you or Break you       Jack Torrance
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Wheres your answer to my post?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]Bitz just got 2 games from Shanahan: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=392996 Not surprising.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Yet more proof that the NHL is fixing things so that the mighty Canucks can't win?

Or perhaps they're trying to improve the team by keeping Bitz the stiff out of the lineup. Addition by subtraction if you will.

I still shudder at all the sweet feeds from Savard he fluffed when Looch was out injured.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Yet more proof that the NHL is fixing things so that the mighty Canucks can't win? Or perhaps they're trying to improve the team by keeping Bitz the stiff out of the lineup. Addition by subtraction if you will. I still shudder at all the sweet feeds from Savard he fluffed when Looch was out injured.
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

More likely Bitz was the sacrificial lamb of the NHL to show they will be tough on hits to the head in the playoffs. Shanahan obviously wasn't going to throw the book at Weber so career AHLr Bitz is most convenient. Nuck fans are going crazy, calling the suspension hypocritical and, while it pains me to say this, they have a point.

Personally, I think 2 games is about right for the playoffs.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Yeah you're right Null... NBC would be very upset if there was a Canuck vs. Bruin rematch.  The marketers would be very upset by the unbelievable high ratings that it would generate.  

I think NBC would rather have an All-American Nashville-Florida final.  Did I just draw you a picture, or what?   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : NBC is a American network that doesn't broadcast hockey from Canada. It is not in NBC interest to have a Canadian based team make or advance in the playoffs and NBC certainly does not want a Canadian based team to win the Cup. Hence, Officiating that trys to manage the outcome of the game. It's really very simple to figure out why teams like the B's, Hawks, Dallas, TB, Carolina get gifted the SC (it's called Marketing in layman terms).  I think it's LA turn this year.   Do i have to draw you a picture?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

Well, you can't do simple math, so yes, please draw us all a picture.

You still havent answered my question.

Your scared of me.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

"100 posts on a thread about the Canucks...good work fellow posters"

Compared to the thousands of posts on this site about the Bruins.  Looks like you are beat there too.  Gregory's Daddy must be behind that as well. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Some changes for both teams tonight:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/stanleycup2012/2012/04/canucks-need-improvement-in-all-areas-for-game-2.html

Is it me or do the Kings seem to have better forward depth at the moment? I am starting to smell an upset here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I think the big difference is on the blue line and in goal.  Doughty is way better than anyone the Canucks have at the back end and Quick is better than Luongo.

The addition of Carter plus the subtraction of one of the sisters has made it more equal up front.  I do give the edge in forward depth to the Canucks.