CANUCKS-LA series thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread

Would love to see him in t.o. He's done. It seems a lot of the goals he allows he just gives up on the play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread:
    [QUOTE]Luongo to Toronto for their 1st rounder. Book it.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

If that happens, they'll have to find someone to pump his snow tires.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Authorities in Vancouver have begun fireproofing the city.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nucks trying to make it interesting. Too little too late imho.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : If that happens, they'll have to find someone to pump his snow tires.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

Ron - If that happens don't be surprised to see the Leaf-centric media here back to hailing Burke as a master GM just like they did initially with the Kessel deal.  Strangely, that kind of talk has died down significantly since early on in the fall.  Before long it'll be known as the Seguin deal if it isn't already.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

nice dive burrows, so embarrassing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

CBC jubilant about the late PP. God I hate them. They should hire  Pierre Gauthier.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This is beautiful, eh lads?  The Pens and Canucks each in an 0-2 hole going on the road.  Priceless!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Ron - If that happens don't be surprised to see the Leaf-centric media here back to hailing Burke as a master GM just like they did initially with the Kessel deal.  Strangely, that kind of talk has died down significantly since early on in the fall.  Before long it'll be known as the Seguin deal if it isn't already.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Plus RHO it is not unprecedented. Just think of Cujo and Belfour. Luongo will be seen are the long awaited heir to those two. Also, Burke has a history with Luongo. Hence, why I think it is going to happen once the Nucks get bounced from the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

[QUOTE]This is beautiful, eh lads?  The Pens and Canucks each in an 0-2 hole going on the road.  Priceless!

Some team we know dearly was also down 2-0 heading on the road in the first series last year... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

In response to "Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread": [QUOTE]This is beautiful, eh lads?  The Pens and Canucks each in an 0-2 hole going on the road.  Priceless! Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE] I love it! Unfortunately my playoff pool won't be doing so good. Would be nice to see both of them done

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Plus RHO it is not unprecedented. Just think of Cujo and Belfour. Luongo will be seen are the long awaited heir to those two. Also, Burke has a history with Luongo. Hence, why I think it is going to happen once the Nucks get bounced from the playoffs.

jm - I hear you.  In his season-ending address Burke said he had confidence in Reimer but rumours persist that he wants a veteran to share the load.  Kinda shoves Gusstavsson out the door.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well, an upset in the making. Sorry 49  and Null. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

LA's MVP after the first two games...

Duncan Keith!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Awesome.  Just awesome.

Let the riots begin.

Let the null posts roll.
    let null get apopletic complaining about the refs, even tho the Kings got a cheeze ball call against them in the last 2 minutes, of course he'll claim that penalties in the thrid period don't count for some lame reason.  

Ths is just too good.

LA fans have to be excited about this, hopefully that building is louder than it ever has been in their history.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Well, an upset in the making. Sorry 49  and Null. Can't wait for tomorrow afternoon.
    Bring on the Caps.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : jm - I hear you.  In his season-ending address Burke said he had confidence in Reimer but rumours persist that he wants a veteran to share the load.  Kinda shoves Gusstavsson out the door.

Since Gus is a UFA I think he is probably going back to Sweden. I do not see another vet that fits the bill, considering Burke is really searching for a starter. Remember, Reimer is still having neck/concussion issues. If/when the Nucks go golfing they will realize Schneider is their future and will go with him. I don't know. Perhaps I have had too much ale....lol!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread": I love it! Unfortunately my playoff pool won't be doing so good. Would be nice to see both of them done
    Posted by tbone77[/QUOTE]

It would be superb if they should go on to lose.  Especially with so much talk of them being favoured to meet in The Finals.  Understandably as they were excellent during the regular season. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Bring on the Caps.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I will say this once Dez, and refute it tomorrow, but I fully expect Holtby to melt tomorrow. His expression after the last game was very telling. If the B's get a quick one on him tomorrow the Caps are finished.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]LA's MVP after the first two games... Duncan Keith!
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it's up to the Canucks to overcome such a significant loss much like the Bruins did last year minus Horton courtesy of Rome. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

By the way, Richards is a heat seeking missle out there. Pure money in the playoffs. To have he and Brown on the same team (as well as Quick) makes me think LA is going to win this series. They will do anything to win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]LA's MVP after the first two games... Duncan Keith!
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Not a good enough team to overcome the loss of a top player.

B's lose Savard then Horton, still win Cup.

If not, no excuses.

Different culture.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Since Gus is a UFA I think he is probably going back to Sweden. I do not see another vet that fits the bill, considering Burke is really searching for a starter. Remember, Reimer is still having neck/concussion issues. If/when the Nucks go golfing they will realize Schneider is their future and will go with him. I don't know. Perhaps I have had too much ale....lol!

Is there such a thing?  Kidding.  Gustavsson appears to be the odd man out.  I recall hearing so much stuff about how Burke signed him over big competition from the Stars and several other teams. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Not a good enough team to overcome the loss of a top player. B's lose Savard then Horton, still win Cup. If not, no excuses. Different culture.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Bang on, kel. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CANUCKS-LA series thread : Some team we know dearly was also down 2-0 heading on the road in the first series last year... 
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]

luc - Agreed.  I'm not counting out the Canucks.  I'm taking delight in their unfortunate (for them) situation.