Canucks sign Burrows to 4yr/18 mil

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Canucks sign Burrows to 4yr/18 mil

I could say some really bad things about him.

But I won't bite.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405269

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Canucks sign Burrows to 4yr/18 mil

look for a thread about marchand started by the troll. i'm a genius.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL it was Doan or Burrows new deal... he's peaked , he's been measured, he has 1 more good season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"Burrows is slated to earn $18-million, or $4.5 million per season, starting in 2013-14. He received a healthy raise from the $2 million he is scheduled to earn this season -- if there is one."

Healthy is right.  A raise of two and a half million dollars!  Nothing directed against him specifically.  I just can't wrap my mind around his or anyone's reallity of getting a pay raise of that staggering magnitude.  Wow!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

There's 4 people in the league right now that I hope to see them get absolutely pummled. Maxienne Lapuke, "Bichon Frise Burrows, Patrick " I only fight non fighters" Kaleta & Blind shot, knee taker Matt Cooke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

How is he worth that kind of money?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

There's 4 people in the league right now that I hope to see them get absolutely pummled. Maxienne Lapuke, "Bichon Frise Burrows, Patrick " I only fight non fighters" Kaleta & Blind shot, knee taker Matt Cooke.

Can I add Daniel Clowncillo to your list? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i think its safe to add ott to that list after a year with buffalo, it'll be like the kibbles and bits commercials with them jumping back and forth over Scott.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Can I add Daniel Clowncillo to your list? 

No you can't, he beat up Shawn Thornton in the Winter Classic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

The same way Marchand is.  Check their stats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The same way Marchand is.  Check their stats.

But is Burrows a key penalty killer? I don't follow the 'Nuks that closely. I didn't realize he put away 28 goals last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Burrows plays the PK;  and he manages to score a fair number of goals with almost no PP time.  Kesler takes his place with the Sedins on the #1 PP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Interesting. They seem to be similar players then. I suppose they can use one another as measuring sticks for contracts then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Interesting. They seem to be similar players then. I suppose they can use one another as measuring sticks for contracts then.

They are very similar, except B's fans love Marchand and hate Burrows.

I hate them both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They are very similar, except B's fans love Marchand and hate Burrows.

I hate them both.

And if they switched jerseys, it would be vice versa

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd say Hartnell is similar as well. Well no so much production wise, but if he were wearing a B's jersey he would be popular.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd say Hartnell is similar as well. Well no so much production wise, but if he were wearing a B's jersey he would be popular.

Hartnell scores many more goals and fights often.

Marchand and Burrows score goals and aren't much for fights.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NAS I wouldn't say Hartnell scores MANY more goals. He had a career high 37 last season and prior to that he had a career high of 30 and only scored 25 once. So in all he has had 3 25+ goal seasons. He averages .263 goals per game. Marchand averages .283 goals per game. Stats say Marchand is more productive. Just for comparison Burrows is at .266 so it would appear Burrows is as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Marchand, Burrows and Hartnell. If I had my choice I would take Hartnell all day. Other 2 are good, but I think Hartnell is that much better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Marchand, Burrows and Hartnell. If I had my choice I would take Hartnell all day. Other 2 are good, but I think Hartnell is that much better.

It speaks volumes that Marchand is even in the conversation. Hartnell spent 7 full seasons in the NHL before finally cracking the 50 point barrier. Marchand did it in his 2nd full season and still has 6 years to catch up to Hartnell's overall production. I think Marchand will be a better point producer than Hartnell when all is said and done. Lastly, only 1 of the players we're talking about was able to truly elevate his game in a Cup Finals. Guess who it was? Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It speaks volumes that Marchand is even in the conversation. Hartnell spent 7 full seasons in the NHL before finally cracking the 50 point barrier. Marchand did it in his 2nd full season and still has 6 years to catch up to Hartnell's overall production. I think Marchand will be a better point producer than Hartnell when all is said and done. Lastly, only 1 of the players we're talking about was able to truly elevate his game in a Cup Finals. Guess who it was? Cheers!

Good points Dez, all 3 play a similair style, I just  perfer Hartnell for his size and effectiveness on the power play. Also, I think getting out of Nashville and going to Philly played more into Hartnells game, that and maturity.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good points Dez, all 3 play a similair style, I just  perfer Hartnell for his size and effectiveness on the power play. Also, I think getting out of Nashville and going to Philly played more into Hartnells game, that and maturity.

Kel, I also don't want this to seem like I'm trashing Hartnell as I begrudgingly respect his game. I just really believe that Marchand will eventually bring better numbers overall. Marchand's still on his way up as far as the learning curve is concerned whereas I think we're seeing just about the best Hartnell has to offer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Also notable:  Hartnell was a 1st rounder (#6 overall);  Marchand a 3rd rounder (#71 overall), and Burrows was undrafted, spent 3 seasons in the ECHL, finally received a tryout with the Manitoba Moose, and signed his first NHL contract in 05-06.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Also notable:  Hartnell was a 1st rounder (#6 overall);  Marchand a 3rd rounder (#71 overall), and Burrows was undrafted, spent 3 seasons in the ECHL, finally received a tryout with the Manitoba Moose, and signed his first NHL contract in 05-06.

True enough. I've always respected when a player like Burrows works his way up from the Coast.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kel, I also don't want this to seem like I'm trashing Hartnell as I begrudgingly respect his game. I just really believe that Marchand will eventually bring better numbers overall. Marchand's still on his way up as far as the learning curve is concerned whereas I think we're seeing just about the best Hartnell has to offer.

Oh I hate him, which I mean as a compliment. The only thing for me is Hartnell is a first liner, I'm not sure Burrows and Marchand will ever be 1st line players.

Sections
Shortcuts