Canucks Talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

Canucks Talk

was on canucks talk (http://forum.canucks.com/forum/24-canucks-talk/) early today, because i am fascinated by the tizzy they have spun themselves into over luongo. anyhow, i ran into a profile of a long time poster with a picture of nathan horton with the word 'flopper' emblazened across it. if the guy had been in front of me, i would have put my fist through his face. another one of the posters called him out on it and he responded by posting pictures of nate holding the cup and another snap of him standing next to it with a lady friend at a bar. he then went on to claim that it was the biggest embellishment in the history of sports.

human beings never cease to amaze me. nate hitting the ice, the close up of his laboured breathing and arm sticking straight up in the air is one of the worst things i've witnessed in my 20+ years of hockey watching. to make light of it, claim it was an embellishment or otherwise faked, is to lose all perspective on the value of life and how in a blink of an eye a players career is either over or worse. my first thought upon seeing nate on the ice was wondering if he would ever walk again. i won't even mention the fact that he was robbed of playing out the rest of the SCF-often times a once in a lifetime opportunity. he obviously is doing much better and good for him. i'm not going to label the entire canuck forum as wankers, but what a representation for your forum. wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the tools standing in front of a burning car cheering.

anyhow onward and upward. thomas for the vezina and chara for the norris!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Re: Canucks Talk

I am facinated by the conspiracy talk on their boards...too much weed!

They are convinced that C Campbell fixed it to get his son a cup! LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

yup. the officiating and the luongo divide is huge over there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

I live here and I have to hear it on every sports talk show or Sports Centre broadcast.

Lou is a polarizing character...

but the officiating favoured the B's and the B's are goons talk is overwhelming!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Yup- same on the radio Team 1040 - It's all "the Bruins bigger slower defense . . .Bruins brought it down to a streetfight . . .it's old time hockey-not since the lock-out have we seen so many non-calls  . . .etc etc. They try to cheapen the win by saying that it wasn't talent that won the cup. It's crap and the riot also made it difficult to talk about the game the night on the win for B's and the next day. By the time anyone wanted to actually talk about the game they already had some twisted spin fabricated as to how they were robbed. The Canuckleheads miscalculated. Just like Bruins teams did in the past. The palyoffs are different . But that doesn't mean that it takes less talent to win- it just means that it takes MORE than just talent to win. And the B's were MORE than qualified to give those Cnaucks more than they could handle. "If this chance goes in, it's a different game- if Rome's not suspended 4 games. . . " All garbage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Well said, I cant stand the spin here. But I'LL TAKE IT!!!

New addition to the B's wall in my media room...Lucic hoisting the cup!!

The stuff about the non-calls doesnt erase the goal differential, their PP sputtered (where did we see that) and they were beaten by the hungerier/deeper team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

If I were a Canuck fan I suppose I would be frustrated too.  One shot to win it all - at home - and failing as badly as they did would not be easy to take.  B's owned game 7 and instead of giving credit to them, their fans would rather rip the officiating.  Whatever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

collective depression here...

lots of blame and conspiracy talk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Until they get rid of the bi-polar goaler the nucks are going no where.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks Talk:
    [QUOTE]I am facinated by the conspiracy talk on their boards...too much weed! They are convinced that C Campbell fixed it to get his son a cup! LOL
    Posted by HABH8R[/QUOTE]
    What is too much weed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks Talk : What is too much weed?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

haha, good one

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I most do agree with the bi-polar Luongo talk.
    From a deer with high beams, to a mouse with squinters.

Sorry Lou

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Its that stinky rotten attitude that permeates that  orginaztion from the GM down to the Coach to the Whiny and Insecure players down to the fans.

Mazz made a good point yesterday that until that Organization grows up and takes responsibilities and finds a way to improve themselves they will never win anything. I think its true, I havent heard anyone in that organization say that "We need to be tougher and we can improve I know we can win".

Your hear "We built our team to play within the current rules, but they changed at the last minute on us *sob*sob*".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks Talk : What is too much weed?
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Too much quality weed, this is lotus land for more than the environment!

Quality over quantity!!Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Whatever helps them get through their devastating loss is all good. 

Those who watched (about 10% of the world) know the truth:  Canucks got beat fair and square but a tougher team.  If they cannot handle the reality of that loss, they've got some learning to do.

I feel for the good-spirited Canuck's fans who had nothing to do with the collective idiocy that gripped them last week.  I remember NE losing to NY in the Superbowl; as much as that su**ed, we didn't riot in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabou. Show mabou's posts

The missed calls went both ways. Even if the Canucks had more power plays, what makes their fan base think the team would have scored? While the Canucks held the man advantage, they were outscored by the Bruins. Maybe, more calls going the Canucks' way would have meant an even greater goal differential in favour of the Bruins.

Sections
Shortcuts