Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League

There is an article in the Toronto Star written by a columnist in Western Canada stating that the Canucks are the most despised team outside of Vancouver, BC.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1158299--vancouver-canucks-could-be-nhl-s-most-despised-team

This is not surprising of course with the way the team plays and all the whining from management.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League

I like Malhotra and Kesler, but the rest of that team is very tough to not hate. Especially their coach, Vignault. He just has one of those faces you want to punch.

If the SCF ends up being the Penguins vs. Canucks I don't think I'd be able to watch it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Canucks fan Sean Zandberg, one of the writers for the Canucks blog Nucks Misconduct, cites simple jealousy as the reason his team is so hated.

“The Canucks have been so successful that everything they do is scrutinized,” he says. “No one hates a loser but they really hate the prom king.”

I love that part.  I hadn't realized that the Canucks had actually won anything!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League:
    [QUOTE]Canucks fan Sean Zandberg, one of the writers for the Canucks blog Nucks Misconduct, cites simple jealousy as the reason his team is so hated. “The Canucks have been so successful that everything they do is scrutinized,” he says. “No one hates a loser but they really hate the prom king.” I love that part.  I hadn't realized that the Canucks had actually won anything!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Lol  That was my first thought....successful at what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

For me it's a toss up between Montreal and Vancouver. Hate them both.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]For me it's a toss up between Montreal and Vancouver. Hate them both.
    Posted by montecristo[/QUOTE]

Does "Canuckiens" work for you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Nucklehead fan's got it mixed up. They are despised for thier whining, not winning

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Nucklehead fan's got it mixed up. They are despised for thier whining , not winning
    Posted by burythehabs[/QUOTE]

BINGO!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They were driving me nuts this week - every Canuck fan I met was only talking about how they needed to win thePresident's Trophy, and then when they did they acted like it was the Cup. More than anything, it's the fans that make me hate this team, and I'm completely surrounded by them. Arrogant and delusional and completely blind to the chippy, chirpy, diving nature of their team.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Suggest you move... to BeanyTown.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]
    If you want the chance to see a championship team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : If you want the chance to see a championship team.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I got to do that last year without even leaving Vancouver, and I suspect I may get the chance to do the same thing again this year. Just, like last year, it won't be the Canucks lifting the Cup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : I got to do that last year without even leaving Vancouver, and I suspect I may get the chance to do the same thing again this year. Just, like last year, it won't be the Canucks lifting the Cup.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I think you got my point though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : I think you got my point though.

Certainly. And the insanity has already started here - the city buses just made their annual switch with the electronic destination boards on the front of the buses now reading Go Canucks Go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : If you want the chance to see a championship team.

Ha! So true.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Certainly. And the insanity has already started here - the city buses just made their annual switch with the electronic destination boards on the front of the buses now reading Go Canucks Go.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Red, I don't fault any city for getting caught up in the excitement but some Canucks fans seem to have a misplaced sense of entitlement that's usually reserved for proven winners. Living in the east, it's just funny for me. I can just imagine how maddenning it is for you though. Cheers and Go Bruins!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

When Van does not win this year the Canadian media will chew them up. I see them being set up to fail already.

As for most hated I have to admit I have moved on the the Pens, can't stand any of them.

Go B's

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

[QUOTE]When Van does not win this year the Canadian media will chew them up. I see them being set up to fail already. As for most hated I have to admit I have moved on the the Pens, can't stand any of them. Go B's
    Posted by jman4[/QUOTE]

I second that.  I'll be very peeved if they win the whole thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

god forbid pens nucks final i'm cheering for pens, no question.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]They were driving me nuts this week - every Canuck fan I met was only talking about how they needed to win thePresident's Trophy, and then when they did they acted like it was the Cup. More than anything, it's the fans that make me hate this team, and I'm completely surrounded by them. Arrogant and delusional and completely blind to the chippy, chirpy, diving nature of their team.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Hey red -- to me, the President's Cup means one thing and one thing only.  Home ice.  The Canucks didn't make that pay off last year, but in my opinion, it's better to have it than not.  Last season, I think they sort of knocked themselves out to get it, but not so much this year -- it kinda just fell into their lap when StL & NYR lost their last games, and the Canucks had the Oilers at home.

Also, I think the whole rep that this team has is based on play in the distant past.  I don't know if you've seen many games this season, red, but there's been very little chirping, very little diving, and certainly far less chippiness than teams like Philly, Pittsburgh, or dare i say, the Bruins themselves.  As for whining, if you call the fallout from the Marchand-Salo incident whining, then so be it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ha. This is hilarious.  I love the half-baked arguments about 'jealousy' and being the "prom king".  Pure delusions.  Do they really care about the President's trophy up there?  I guess so. 

I often wonder if most Vancouver fans are more reasonable, like 49, or mostly just crybaby wimps like null.  I'm starting to think we have our answer.

By the way, I'm not the least bit surprised by the topic.  A team has arrogance and whining in spades right through the organization, hasn't won anything, and plays each game in a continuous attempt to draw penalties and manipulate the refs (soccer style).  And people don't like them??  Color me shocked.

I like a few of the players, but that is offset by how much I dislike the coach and GM up there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

If writers and fans (and retired players) said "the Bruins are the most hated team in the league" (and several writers have said that they're a close #2 behind the Canucks), what would be your reaction?

Likely "Who cares? We love them, and to me, that's all that counts".

Which is exactly my reaction to an article like that one (published in a Toronto paper).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Ha. This is hilarious.  I love the half-baked arguments about 'jealousy' and being the "prom king".  Pure delusions.  Do they really care about the President's trophy up there?  I guess so.  I often wonder if most Vancouver fans are more reasonable, like 49, or mostly just crybaby wimps like null.  I'm starting to think we have our answer. By the way, I'm not the least bit surprised by the topic.  A team has arrogance and whining in spades right through the organization, hasn't won anything, and plays each game in a continuous attempt to draw penalties and manipulate the refs (soccer style).  And people don't like them??  Color me shocked. I like a few of the players, but that is offset by how much I dislike the coach and GM up there.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's about a 50/50 split. For sure there are plenty of fans like 49, my sister, and my brother-in-law, who are reasonable and passionate hockey fans. But then there are the fans I meet when I go out for a pint on Commercial - Boychuk should have been banned for life for his hit on Raymond but Rome's hit on Horton was clean, the Cup was fixed, the Canucks are as clean as the driven snow, The President's trophy is harder to win than the Cup (seriously, someone said that to me on Saturday) etc.

It's easy to ovelook the sane ones like 49 and my family, when the loons seem to be driving the bus.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]If writers and fans (and retired players) said "the Bruins are the most hated team in the league" (and several writers have said that they're a close #2 behind the Canucks), what would be your reaction? Likely "Who cares? We love them, and to me, that's all that counts". Which is exactly my reaction to an article like that one (published in a Toronto paper).
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

the bruins are hated because they are the champs and will punch you in the face if you look at their towel boy the wrong way.  the canucks are hated because they act like champs and would use their towel boy as a human shield to avoid a fight with a worthy opponent.