Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League

In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : the bruins are hated because they are the champs and will punch you in the face if you look at their towel boy the wrong way.  the canucks are hated because they act like champs and would use their towel boy as a human shield to avoid a fight with a worthy opponent.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Don't know if you've noticed, but Lapierre has 7 fights this season, one more than Lucic.  So the argument that Lappy chirps and taunts, but doesn't back it up is moot -- at least this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Don't know if you've noticed, but Lapierre has 7 fights this season, one more than Lucic.  So the argument that Lappy chirps and taunts, but doesn't back it up is moot -- at least this year.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
     Lol, really? I suppose I'd cherry-pick that stat when the Bruins have 61 fighting majors compared to Vancouvers 38.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Don't know if you've noticed, but Lapierre has 7 fights this season, one more than Lucic.  So the argument that Lappy chirps and taunts, but doesn't back it up is moot -- at least this year.

Lucic is a 1st liner, Lapierre a 4th liner. If Lucic was a 5-10 goal scoring 4th liner he would probably have 15-20. Not really a fair comparison.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

dont know if you noticed but i said worthy opponents.

colin wilson 1 fight this yr, 4 in career
    matt stajan 1 fight this yr, 2 in career
    roman polaaak 2 fights this yr, 7 in career
    cal clutterbuck 1 fight this yr, 8 in career
    jutsin abdelkader 6 fights this yr, 13 in career
    greg campbell 10 fights this yr, 51 in career

lucic could fight all these guys at the same time but stick to your stats.  btw hockeyfights has him losing 5 of the 7.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Lucic is a 1st liner, Lapierre a 4th liner. If Lucic was a 5-10 goal scoring 4th liner he would probably have 15-20. Not really a fair comparison.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]
    Well two of our 4th liners have 20 and 10. Thorty and Soupy respectively!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : I'd say it's about a 50/50 split. For sure there are plenty of fans like 49, my sister, and my brother-in-law, who are reasonable and passionate hockey fans. But then there are the fans I meet when I go out for a pint on Commercial - Boychuk should have been banned for life for his hit on Raymond but Rome's hit on Horton was clean, the Cup was fixed, the Canucks are as clean as the driven snow, The President's trophy is harder to win than the Cup (seriously, someone said that to me on Saturday) etc. It's easy to ovelook the sane ones like 49 and my family, when the loons seem to be driving the bus.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Hey Red, I was just curious, are they having the same kind of set up downtown  this year in Vancouver with the big screen and about 200,000 or so people on the streets?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Monte, your not Gary Bettman by any chance or do you work for NBC? Posted by null[/QUOTE] Are you sure your not Mike Gillis..325 posts of the same garbage. Kid, you need a hobby.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

C'mon 49.  I've seen those fights.  Lapierre is as much of a wimp as ever.  He picks his spots and then barely throws a punch so he can hang on for dear life.  I guess I see your point that he is agreeing to a few more bouts, but for someone who talks as much as he does (and reportedly took boxing lessons in the offseason), you'd expect a little more.

I don't blame people for hating the Bruins at all.  That's fine.  I would argue that the two teams are hated for different reasons and the reason the Bruins are hated is a little more flattering, IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]dont know if you noticed but i said worthy opponents. colin wilson 1 fight this yr, 4 in career matt stajan 1 fight this yr, 2 in career roman polaaak 2 fights this yr, 7 in career cal clutterbuck 1 fight this yr, 8 in career jutsin abdelkader 6 fights this yr, 13 in career greg campbell 10 fights this yr, 51 in career lucic could fight all these guys at the same time but stick to your stats.  btw hockeyfights has him losing 5 of the 7.
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I mean.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Yeah, this is what I mean.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

cmon fletch, stajan is a beast!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : C'mon 49.  I've seen those fights.  Lapierre is as much of a wimp as ever.  He picks his spots and then barely throws a punch so he can hang on for dear life.  I guess I see your point that he is agreeing to a few more bouts, but for someone who talks as much as he does (and reportedly took boxing lessons in the offseason), you'd expect a little more. I don't blame people for hating the Bruins at all.  That's fine.  I would argue that the two teams are hated for different reasons and the reason the Bruins are hated is a little more flattering, IMO.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

That's my point. I never said, nor would I say that he's turned into Shawn Thornton overnight.  But he yaps, and when asked, drops the gloves. Does he put out the lights on his opponents? No. 

My other point, is that I don't care that the Canucks are hated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Don't know if you've noticed but lucic has 17 more goals than Maxine. Ya. Way to go in trying to justify Lapierre. One of the biggest pansies in the NHL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hey North, I do truly respect you to a certain degree when you speak generally of hockey.  When it comes to specifics, well, you are a homer on a blog of homers of another team, mind you the Stanley Cup winners.  So dare ask, why did the Bs won the Cup and why did the Canucks lose?  Those specifics I would be interested in albeit without the usual litany of excuses Red referred to up above.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

You forgot to mention Lapierre does this:
    http://youtu.be/M9YNTSo9aeE

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : That's my point. I never said, nor would I say that he's turned into Shawn Thornton overnight.  But he yaps, and when asked, drops the gloves. Does he put out the lights on his opponents? No.  My other point, is that I don't care that the Canucks are hated.

no, when asked by the right person drops the gloves.  unfortunately there isnt a stat that shows how many fights someone runs away from or hides behind a ref or pretends to drop gloves to draw a penalty.  but if there was i'm sure he'd be ahead of lucic in that category also.

49, you seem like a reasonable man, try not to compare your little weasel to lucic in ANY arguments cause it just makes you look silly.

congrats on losing a fight to matt stajan though, ups his street cred.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Yuuup, the B's have 61 fighting majors which they started 90% of them. And to go along with those majors, just 2 (two) measly instigators dished out by Gregorys Daddys sycophantic refs.  The Refs will Make you or Break you       Jack Torrance
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

If you think this argument works for you...you are a Canucks fan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Hey North, I do truly respect you to a certain degree when you speak generally of hockey.  When it comes to specifics, well, you are a homer on a blog of homers of another team, mind you the Stanley Cup winners.  So dare ask, why did the Bs won the Cup and why did the Canucks lose?  Those specifics I would be interested in albeit without the usual litany of excuses Red referred to up above.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the Canucks lost the Cup because:
    -TT outplayed RL, by a wide margin.  In fact, TT probably had one of the best Finals series I've ever seen.
    -The Canucks big scorers were silenced, primarily by Thomas & Chara; Kesler was hurt in the SJ series and was a non-factor in the Finals, compared to the Conference semis, where he almost beat the Preds by himself.
    -The Canucks didn't have depth to bail them out when they were hit by injuries and the Rome suspension.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Time to move on from the Nucks and focus on Washington.  Last year is in the history books and the better team won.  Case closed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Time to move on from the Nucks and focus on Washington.  Last year is in the history books and the better team won.  Case closed. 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm just responding to a direct question.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I know, it's just getting old.  Good luck and hopefully there will be a sequel to last year.  Cheers 49.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

As much as I dispise Vancouver and their crybaby fans, I'd have to give them a great chance at winning it this year because no other team has the combination of talent + learning what it takes to win than they do.

Homers like 49 refuse to acknowledge it, but when the studs like the Sisters fail to produce in the Final, when the arrogant clowns like Luongo and Bieksa and Burrows taunt and poke and only serve to fire the other team up, and when gutless, heartless wimps like Luongoal sprout leaks at every turn, it allows that organization to learn what they need to improve pretty easily.  I'd be surprised if the Canuckleheads organization allows the playground foolishness of last year's behavior, or stick with a sinking LuonGirl when they have a better goalie like Schneider at the ready.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Hey Red, I was just curious, are they having the same kind of set up downtown  this year in Vancouver with the big screen and about 200,000 or so people on the streets?
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Not exactly the same set-up.

This year they installed fire extinguishers.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : In my opinion, the Canucks lost the Cup because: -TT outplayed RL, by a wide margin.  In fact, TT probably had one of the best Finals series I've ever seen. -The Canucks big scorers were silenced, primarily by Thomas & Chara; Kesler was hurt in the SJ series and was a non-factor in the Finals, compared to the Conference semis, where he almost beat the Preds by himself. -The Canucks didn't have depth to bail them out when they were hit by injuries and the Rome suspension.

- outscored 17-3 in Boston. Even though they had home ice advantage they could have made it much harder on the Bruins and easier on themselves if they snuck out a win in Boston. It wasn't even close in Boston. The games in Vancouver were all tight except for game 7 with the Bruins being in every game there. Odds were that the Bruins would win one if they kept it close. They did.

The President's Trophy advantage only takes you so far if you can't win on the road and not win every game at home.

Sections
Shortcuts