Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League

Well, home ice advantage certainly helps and the Canucks probably have better odds of winning this year than anyone, and the home ice advantage in every series will be a benefit.  But the question with that team is whether or not the problems that surfaced last year where an anomaly or if the Canucks were exposed as who they really are.

Luongo and the Sedins have a lot to prove, I think.

As for the Rome suspension being part of the reason they lost, I have always thought this was a very poor excuse.  Lest we forget, Rome's illegal hit knocked Horton out of the series too.  Horton was the Bruins leading scorer at the time.  A first line winger.  It was a huge loss for the Bruins.  Rome was a 4-6 depth defensmen.  So sure, losing Rome left the Canucks a little thin at D, but any Canucks fan would have gladly, gladly taken that tradeoff at the beginning of the series.  Rome for Horton?  Rome's hit did not hurt the Canucks as much as it helped them.

I think the biggest thing for the Canucks is to get better at playing 5 on 5, so they are not so reliant on powerplays and so desperate to draw penalties.  It is foolish to try to rely on the refs in the Stanley Cup, especially when they realize that one team is continuously trying to fool them into calls.  I think guys like Higgans and Booth help with the 5 on 5 play, and to me, that is where the Canucks need to produce.  The Canucks need to learn to get it done 5 on 5, and maybe they will this year.

Hope not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Not exactly the same set-up. This year they installed fire extinguishers.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

This year they're doing more sites at a smaller scale - instead of cramming 150,000 people into one spot, they'll have say 1,000 at 150 spots. Still having the public events but at a smaller controllable, community based scale.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : This year they're doing more sites at a smaller scale - instead of cramming 150,000 people into one spot, they'll have say 1,000 at 150 spots. Still having the public events but at a smaller controllable, community based scale.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I think the amazing success of the LiveSites at the Olympics showed that this idea can work in Vancouver;  after all, there were no riots after Canada won the hockey Gold Medal; it's just a matter of keeping an eye on the yobs and corralling them before they can start causing trouble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

If the nucks are the "prom king" then the Bs danced with his date.

(They didn't like what I wrote instead of danced with.  And I was trying to be polite.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Thanks North, yes you were answering my question.  If you have answered the question on some other thread thanks for bearing with me.  I am sure many on here read the threads like scripture, I do not.  Luongo, Kesler, and lack of depth are still a problem of the Canucks me thinks.  The Hodgson trade was dumas.  Go Bs, cannot wait till Thursday!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I sooooooo want another match up with them in the finals. Really beat the tar out of them and put them away for good. Get Bobbi-Lou so disgraced that they ship him to Toronto so the B's can continually torment him. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This is funny . A live chat on why you hate the Vancouver Canucks in todays Toronto Sun at 3:00.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/10/live-chat-why-you-hate-the-canucks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]This is funny . A live chat on why you hate the Vancouver Canucks in todays Toronto Sun at 3:00. http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/10/live-chat-why-you-hate-the-canucks
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I'm definitely going to check that out. Good call Chowdah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]This is funny . A live chat on why you hate the Vancouver Canucks in todays Toronto Sun at 3:00. http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/10/live-chat-why-you-hate-the-canucks
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Hilarious, and yet, at the same time, kinda sad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Hilarious, and yet, at the same time, kinda sad.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    It should be fun to read the over the top statements that will be coming from both camps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : It should be fun to read the over the top statements that will be coming from both camps.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think that's the one thing about the playoffs that kinda bothers me -- it's the 'over the top' reactions to every single thing.  Yeah, maybe in the Finals, it's warranted, but this is Round 1. 

I simply can't sustain that level of emotion for 7-8 weeks!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : I think that's the one thing about the playoffs that kinda bothers me -- it's the 'over the top' reactions to every single thing.  Yeah, maybe in the Finals, it's warranted, but this is Round 1.  I simply can't sustain that level of emotion for 7-8 weeks!
     The Canucks aren't able to either. Sorry but that had to be said. Cheers and a very insincere good luck to your team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Canucks fan Sean Zandberg, one of the writers for the Canucks blog Nucks Misconduct, cites simple jealousy as the reason his team is so hated. “The Canucks have been so successful that everything they do is scrutinized,” he says. “No one hates a loser but they really hate the prom king.” I love that part.  I hadn't realized that the Canucks had actually won anything!
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

WOW what a dumb quote, what an idiot just LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : WOW what a dumb quote, what an idiot just LOL
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Never has a pro team felt itself soooooooooo entitled and has actually done so little in the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : It should be fun to read the over the top statements that will be coming from both camps.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Just read part of it . A lot ( there's those two words again) of stupid comments . A waste of time and not worth the read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

It's funny that they are considered the most hated. Because usually the second best is ignored rather than hated. I think it's a stretch to even say second best. They don't deserve that title.

Sorry 49, I hate the Nuckers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hQs12pLL9A&feature=relmfu

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hQs12pLL9A&feature=relmfu
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

I actually didn't really enjoy that video.  Because I've heard that Vancouver is a wonderful city I don't believe the rioting was caused by "true" Canucks' fans. 

However, I just about spit my beer out in laughter at the moron who got it in the family jewels at the end of the clip.  Now THAT was a "riot" folks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

it is a great city, and it was a small collection of idiots who rioted, but that video is hilarious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hQs12pLL9A&feature=relmfu
    Posted by Neecic[/QUOTE]

Ok, the flashbang was funny... but let it go already. This is a pretty fantastic city, and as much as I absolutely despise the Canucks, the blackeye these hooligans have given the city as a whole is starting to grate, and it's certainly not indicative of this town as a whole.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks The Most Hated Team in the League : Ok, the flashbang was funny... but let it go already. This is a pretty fantastic city, and as much as I absolutely despise the Canucks, the blackeye these hooligans have given the city as a whole is starting to grate, and it's certainly not indicative of this town as a whole.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, to let it go i would have to have been holding onto it at some point.  The riot doesnt affect my opinion of the city or the team for that matter.

But a guy getting hit in the nuts during the riot, well thats just comedy gold.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The strange thing is, I've let go of it, and it's my city.  However, there are some on this forum who, for some reason, haven't let go, and remind me of it at every opportunity.

I'd rather just talk about hockey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]The strange thing is, I've let go of it, and it's my city.  However, there are some on this forum who, for some reason, haven't let go, and remind me of it at every opportunity. I'd rather just talk about hockey.

i don't know if i'd call it strange, you of all people on this board would want to let it go.

Again, i don't dislike the canucks because of the riot, realistically there are idiots in every city in the world that are capable of that.  I dislike them due to their players and attitude.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

THE CANUCKS ARE LOOSAHS LOLOLOLOLOLOL, GO BIG BAD BRUINS!

Sections
Shortcuts