Canucks video.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

Canucks video.

Not a big poster on here, but I saw this ode to the canucks loss on barstool and thought it was funny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Re: Canucks video.

In Response to Canucks video.:
    [QUOTE]Not a big poster on here, but I saw this ode to the canucks loss on barstool and thought it was funny. http://www.hockeypains.com/2012/04/because-its-presidents-trophy.html
    Posted by patriotpat99[/QUOTE]
    LOL... Well the Canucks will win it next year.... if there is a Vancouver left.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

here's another commercial for ya.... leaky lou's contract- 5.3 million for 10 years, revenue lost do to canucks first round exit- 500 million, 41 years and counting without a cup, PRICELESS.  what a great day, thanks for the video. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks video.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Canucks video. : LOL... Well the Canucks will win it next year.... if there is a Vancouver left.
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint you, but there were no reports of rioting last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I will actually pay Vancouver a compliment here.  There was no rioting last night.  The fans left and went home like they should.  Not that you should be complimented for behaving like adults, but at least people learned from last year and didn't take their frustrations out on the city itself.

I can't believe the fans actually applauded the team off the ice.  If the Bruins won the Presidents trophy and then only managed to win 1 playoff game while losing all three at home, they would have been boo'd off the ice.

Did everyone chill out up there?  Are they still in a haze from 4/20?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]I will actually pay Vancouver a compliment here.  There was no rioting last night.  The fans left and went home like they should.  Not that you should be complimented for behaving like adults, but at least people learned from last year and didn't take their frustrations out on the city itself. I can't believe the fans actually applauded the team off the ice.  If the Bruins won the Presidents trophy and then only managed to win 1 playoff game while losing all three at home, they would have been boo'd off the ice. Did everyone chill out up there?  Are they still in a haze from 4/20?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Really?? Do you think that the home fans would boo the team off the ice as they left for the final time of the season?  I can't imagine that happening. 

Maybe after last season, it's hard for people to realize that there actually are classy fans in Vancouver, and we're not all a bunch of whiny/drunk/rioting morons.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Sorry to disappoint you, but there were no reports of rioting last night.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Sorry?  I don't accept your apology.

If you were sincere you could at least set your couch on fire or tip over at least one car.  Or something.  Come on.  Give us something.  At least disturb the dining room chairs or scare the cat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Sorry?  I don't accept your apology. If you were sincere you could at least set your couch on fire or tip over at least one car.  Or something.  Come on.  Give us something.  At least disturb the dining room chairs or scare the cat.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Hmm... well, after the game, since I was in a bad mood already, I did my taxes. So, of course, I cursed loudly several times.  But it worked out in the end, 'cause I'm getting a sizeable refund.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Hmm... well, after the game, since I was in a bad mood already, I did my taxes. So, of course, I cursed loudly several times.  But it worked out in the end, 'cause I'm getting a sizeable refund.
    Now if only you guys can get the same for Luongo.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Now if only you guys can get the same for Luongo.......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

More likely we'll have to move him out "on clearance".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Hmm... well, after the game, since I was in a bad mood already, I did my taxes. So, of course, I cursed loudly several times.  But it worked out in the end, 'cause I'm getting a sizeable refund.

Would you like me to review them? I could probably get you back even more.

I'm a CGA - and you know what that stands for - Canada's Greatest Accountant.

What program did you use?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Would you like me to review them? I could probably get you back even more. I'm a CGA - and you know what that stands for - C anada's G reatest A ccountant. What program did you use?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

LOL! Is that the title of the next reality show on the Discovery Channel?  That'll be a ratings winner, for sure!

I use UFile.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : More likely we'll have to move him out "on clearance".
    I've been mulling it over lately and think he may not be as untradeable as it appears. Sure, he's owed basically 53 million for 10 more years but say for instance he goes to T-Bay(as suggested by Soxfan), if they were able to get 7 solid seasons out of him and then bought out the last 3, that would put the 7 year cap-hit payout at about 45.333 million, which is actually not bad for a top flight goalie. Therein lies the rub. Is he capable of getting back to being a true #1?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : LOL! Is that the title of the next reality show on the Discovery Channel?  That'll be a ratings winner, for sure! I use UFile.

Get rid of it. It installs something called MSSOAP on your computer and screws it up.

Go to My Computer, look in your C drive and you'll see the folder there.

Leave me your email address on my page and I'll send you a link where you can get a free tax program that is easier to use and better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Get rid of it. It installs something called MSSOAP on your computer and screws it up. Go to My Computer, look in your C drive and you'll see the folder there. Leave me your email address on my page and I'll send you a link where you can get a free tax program that is easier to use and better.

Hey Wheatskins,
    Would love to get that free tax program info too if you don't mind

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

The "Hamhuis sucks" chant while the Kings were celebrating was pure class.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

49-North and OrrandPapi look in your page for my message.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]49-North and OrrandPapi look in your page for my message.

Thanks,Wheat.  I'll download it, re-do my returns, and if it comes out better, I'll refile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hey North, you may have stated this already elsewhere but what to the Canucks do during the offseason to improve the team outside of Luongo?  I am generally interested in your opinion.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Canucks video.:
    [QUOTE]Not a big poster on here, but I saw this ode to the canucks loss on barstool and thought it was funny. http://www.hockeypains.com/2012/04/because-its-presidents-trophy.html
    Posted by patriotpat99[/QUOTE]

And the Canuck hits just keep on comin.'

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : Sorry?  I don't accept your apology. If you were sincere you could at least set your couch on fire or tip over at least one car.  Or something.  Come on.  Give us something.  At least disturb the dining room chairs or scare the cat.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

This really has me cracking up.  Thanks, BHab.  So funny.

I'm just picturing a hockey fan being super mad, but remembering that he can't go burn the neighbors house down.  To act upon his anger, in a more serene fashion, he dashes in the dining room and moves the chairs all out of place.  He then turns to the cat, named is DannyHam, who is watching with confusion. The fan stomps his feet, waves his arms and yells wildly.  The cat flees the room in horror.

The Canuck fan cracks a cold one and sits back down on the couch.  For some reason, he feels better.  Oh so funny.  I'm just cracking up again and again thinking about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Because they employed Todd Bertuzzi....  Great stuff.

They also employed Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Hey North, you may have stated this already elsewhere but what to the Canucks do during the offseason to improve the team outside of Luongo?  I am generally interested in your opinion.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Most of the core players are signed, exceptions being Raymond (RFA), Pahlsson (UFA), Rome (UFA), Gragnani (RFA), and Schneider (RFA).  They'll probably make qualifying offers to Raymond & Gragnani, to retain their rights, with the aim of trading Raymond's rights, but re-signing Gragnani, who they think can develop into an Ehrhoff-type puck-moving d-man.  I doubt Pahlsson will be back, but Rome will probably be re-signed as a 3rd pair guy, especially since Salo will either be left unsigned, or will retire.

The big question, of course, is in goal.  I think MG will ask Luongo for a short-list of teams he would waive his NTC for, and start dealing.I could see Luongo wanting to go to the Bolt or the Panthers, for obvious reasons.  I think the Canucks want a shut-down d-man, a la Willie Mitchell in his prime. That's the one element on the blueline which they've been missing for the past several seasons -- the alpha guy who really takes charge.  Maybe Edler becomes that guy, maybe he's the guy who's paired with the alpha guy.   The current D is made up of a lot of pretty decent 2nd pair guys, but seems to lack a true leader.

As for other forwards, they have a lot of hope for current fringe guys like Volpatti and Pinozotto, and Jensen is a blue-chipper who will probably start next season in Chicago, but could be up by mid-season.  I think they still hold out faint hope for a guy like Schroeder, but if doesn't show something significant soon, it'll be all over for him.

I'm still not sold on Booth, and I'm wondering where Higgins disappeared vs. LA;  they'll keep the core guys: Henrik & Daniel, Kes, Burr, and Hansen.  They like Lappy, even though you guys hate him like the plague; Manny's still one of the greatest faceoff guys in the league, even though he only scores every blue moon.  Kassian should get better with maturity -- there's no way they'll give up on him yet, especially after giving up Hodgson to get him.

Despite the crazy talk, I wouldn't do anything with the front office.  Mike's made some good moves, and AV is a good coach.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]49-North and OrrandPapi look in your page for my message.

Thanks a million Wheatskins

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : This really has me cracking up.  Thanks, BHab.  So funny. I'm just picturing a hockey fan being super mad, but remembering that he can't go burn the neighbors house down.  To act upon his anger, in a more serene fashion, he dashes in the dining room and moves the chairs all out of place.  He then turns to the cat, named is DannyHam, who is watching with confusion. The fan stomps his feet, waves his arms and yells wildly.  The cat flees the room in horror. The Canuck fan cracks a cold one and sits back down on the couch.  For some reason, he feels better.  Oh so funny.  I'm just cracking up again and again thinking about it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Okay, now that's what I'm picturing.  And yep, cracking up.

The odd side conversation in this thread also has me thinking like Ben Franklin.

There are only two certainties in life: The Canucks losing in the playoffs and taxes.

Sections
Shortcuts