Canucks video.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Canucks video.

North thanks, Schneider is the way to go in net for sure.  NE kid!  Your assessment on the defense is correct, good players nothing outstanding, although many a NHL team are looking for the same type of defenseman.  Do you really have a power forward?  I really don't think so, Kassian is a maybe.  AV will still be there? Malhotra is your Bergeron, excellent two way player.   I would have thought a change in coaching would be a positive change!   

What do you think the Bs will do against Washington wednesday?  Generally I am an optimist but I think it will be close game.  Cheers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Book, there is only one guarantee... Wideman will shoot the puck off of the glass and will be out of postion at least once a game.  Secondly the Canucks will still be whinning about Hamhuis in September during preseason.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks video.:
    [QUOTE]North thanks, Schneider is the way to go in net for sure.  NE kid!  Your assessment on the defense is correct, good players nothing outstanding, although many a NHL team are looking for the same type of defenseman.  Do you really have a power forward?  I really don't think so, Kassian is a maybe.  AV will still be there? Malhotra is your Bergeron, excellent two way player.   I would have thought a change in coaching would be a positive change!    What do you think the Bs will do against Washington wednesday?  Generally I am an optimist but I think it will be close game.  Cheers.
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I also think it will be a close game, but then, I thought PHX-CHI last night would be close as well.  The big question, I think, is whether Holtby will keep his cool in a Gm 7 situation.  If he does, it can go either way.  If the Bruins get to him early, then he may crumble (though all evidence thus far suggests he won't).  The scary thing for B's fans is that the Caps have Ovechkin -- and even if he doesn't look like the player he was a couple of years ago, everyone knows that he is a ridiculously skilled player, and when motivated, can be the best in the league.  Will he be motivated tomorrow? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Canucks video. : I also think it will be a close game, but then, I thought PHX-CHI last night would be close as well.  The big question, I think, is whether Holtby will keep his cool in a Gm 7 situation.  If he does, it can go either way.  If the Bruins get to him early, then he may crumble (though all evidence thus far suggests he won't).  The scary thing for B's fans is that the Caps have Ovechkin -- and even if he doesn't look like the player he was a couple of years ago, everyone knows that he is a ridiculously skilled player, and when motivated, can be the best in the league.  Will he be motivated tomorrow? 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    If a game 7 can't motivate him then he should retire.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ovie's problem isn't motivation, it's that he's dumb as a sack of hammers.  We've seen this story in every international venue - Ovie wants to be the hero.  He then tries to do it all himself.  He fails because he's not playing against third pairing defensemen and so he gets more and more frustrated until he takes himself out of the game.  I think it's just as likely that he takes 5 and a game charging Chara from behind as that he scores in game 5.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ovie's problem isn't motivation, it's that he's dumb as a sack of hammers.  We've seen this story in every international venue - Ovie wants to be the hero.  He then tries to do it all himself.  He fails because he's not playing against third pairing defensemen and so he gets more and more frustrated until he takes himself out of the game.  I think it's just as likely that he takes 5 and a game charging Chara from behind as that he scores in game 5.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Book, I remember witnessing Ovechkin do this for the 1st time against Bergeron and Team Canada at the World Juniors in 2005. By the time the 3rd period rolled around he was basically useless.