Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden

With a golden oppurtunity to take this series by the balls last night, the Bruins played like a pre season game. No passion, no energy, no physicality, no HEART. I mean what happend to these guy? After 2 dominant performances at home you go on the road and choke, not only choke but put up an incredibly embarassing performance that they should be ashamed of. Gotta feel bad for Thomas because I feel he really deserves to win more than anybody on either team. The Canucks dont deserve anything but a beating, NHL should be embarassed of this team, they are the biggest bunch of scumbags on skates i have seen minus the Habs, and thats what is gonna make this so much more hard to swallow.

Having been a Bruins fan for the last 20 years and suffering one heartbreaking loss after another to end the season, you have to expect that this season will be no different and end in the most disgusting heartbreaking way possible. What could be worse than losing Game 7 of the stanley cup finals? How about losing Game 6 at home and watching the canucks skate around our house celebrating and hoisting the cup. I hope and pray i'm wrong but i really think this is where we are headed and for the 2nd time in 21 years a canadian team will be celebrating a cup win in Beantown. GROSS.... thought this year would be different

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden

Would you have rathered the B's had not made it to the finals?  That would have been fun.  Why people quit on this team so easy is beyond me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden:
    Would you have rathered the B's had not made it to the finals?  That would have been fun.  Why people quit on this team so easy is beyond me.
    Posted by hangnail

Of course not, but with a chance to take a 3-2 lead and go home with a chance to win the cup in front of your home crowd they put up a performace like that? Thats unbelievable to me, but i guess i shouldnt be suprised because of the history of this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : Of course not, but with a chance to take a 3-2 lead and go home with a chance to win the cup in front of your home crowd they put up a performace like that? Thats unbelievable to me, but i guess i shouldnt be suprised because of the history of this team.
    Posted by SpJay76

History has nothing to do with anything at this point.  Only thing that matters is the next game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

canooks will win cup in 2012

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Shame on you! You should know this team better by now.

They will do just enough to win, in the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : Of course not, but with a chance to take a 3-2 lead and go home with a chance to win the cup in front of your home crowd they put up a performace like that? Thats unbelievable to me, but i guess i shouldnt be suprised because of the history of this team.
    Posted by SpJay76

I don't know what you're watching, but saying that this is typical ??

It's anything but typical.  This team made it to the finals by gutting it out.  They took the series against Tampa which is arguably more talented.  They made it to the finals on sheer will.  And now they've taken it to 6 games at least against the best team in the league, and their only losses have been one goal games.

Plus, history?  The world restarted after the lockout and it's a whole new ball game now.  To make comparisons to the pre lockout Bruins, to make any comparisons to the pre lockout nhl means that you don't understand the business of the nhl.

Saying that this is typical of the Bruins history is like saying my computer doesn't have enough memory in 1988 and saying my computer doesn't have enough memory today and it's all the same thing means that you don't understand computers, exact analogy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

You're obviously what we call a fair weather fan. I'm not a hockey fan, and rarely watch hockey, but I'm gaining an appreciation for the sport. I'm not the expert you are on the Bruins, but I've been watching this team since the Tampa series. I'm not sure what game you were watching but this game was pretty evenly played by both teams, and the Bruins play was certainly not an embarrassment as you state. After a two game hiatis the Canucks finally showed up ready to play in front of thier home crowd. Don't be surprised if the Bruins take game 6 and go to Vancouver for game 7.

Hetchinspete

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : I don't know what you're watching, but saying that this is typical ?? It's anything but typical.  This team made it to the finals by gutting it out.  They took the series against Tampa which is arguably more talented.  They made it to the finals on sheer will.  And now they've taken it to 6 games at least against the best team in the league, and their only losses have been one goal games. Plus, history?  The world restarted after the lockout and it's a whole new ball game now.  To make comparisons to the pre lockout Bruins, to make any comparisons to the pre lockout nhl means that you don't understand the business of the nhl. Saying that this is typical of the Bruins history is like saying my computer doesn't have enough memory in 1988 and saying my computer doesn't have enough memory today and it's all the same thing means that you don't understand computers, exact analogy.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I never made any comparisons to the pre lockout nhl so i dont know what you mean. Maybe we watched a different game last night. I live and die with this team, i want them to win more than anything, dont get it twisted

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

You're obviously what we call a fair weather fan. I'm not a hockey fan, and rarely watch hockey, but I'm gaining an appreciation for the sport. I'm not the expert you are on the Bruins, but I've been watching this team since the Tampa series. I'm not sure what game you were watching but this game was pretty evenly played by both teams, and the Bruins play was certainly not an embarrassment as you state. After a two game hiatis the Canucks finally showed up ready to play in front of thier home crowd. Don't be surprised if the Bruins take game 6 and go to Vancouver for game 7. Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete

Since you dont know me, calling me a "fair weather fan" is laughable. If you watched games 3 and 4 then you know that they had Luongo on the ropes going into game 5 and they didnt even test the guy, basically made his life easy and let him regain his confidence. They were physically dominated all night, and you should know by watching the 12 games you seen in your life that hitting is a huge part of the Bruins having success. The carelessness with the puck has to stop, constantly turning the puck over ( Im looking at you Lucic) with bad passes. Having Greg Campbell out there on the PP is inexcusable to me, especially when you got Seguin on the bench. I could make a million more points but i wont.

So you tell me the Bruins did everything in their power to try and win that game last night and ill tell you your an idiot and you dont know jack about hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : I never made any comparisons to the pre lockout nhl so i dont know what you mean. Maybe we watched a different game last night. I live and die with this team, i want them to win more than anything, dont get it twisted
    Posted by SpJay76

Well then, what do you mean about one heart breaking loss after another?

I saw them last win in 1972.  I assumed you were talking about SCF losses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Last night they had a lot of shots against Luongo.  And does anyone have the time of possesion stats?  The Bruins were in that game.  Allowing only 1 goal wins a lot of games.

I was pretty happy in the first period.  Not so happy in the 2nd and outright unhappy in the 3rd.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : Well then, what do you mean about one heart breaking loss after another? I saw them last win in 1972.  I assumed you were talking about SCF losses.
    Posted by BadHabitude

well there is the game 7 loss to montreal at home, i think that was the year before the lockout. But i was referring more to the epic collapse last year against philly and the game 7 home loss to the Hurricanes 2 years ago. Hell, might as well throw in the game 7 blowout loss to montreal 3 years ago, although that team had little to no expectations for it. AGAIN i cant stress this enough, I want a cup more than anything and maybe im being way too negative but last night was a tough pill to swallow for me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

Last night they had a lot of shots against Luongo.  And does anyone have the time of possesion stats?  The Bruins were in that game.  Allowing only 1 goal wins a lot of games. I was pretty happy in the first period.  Not so happy in the 2nd and outright unhappy in the 3rd.
    Posted by BadHabitude

lots of shots doesnt mean much, its about the quality of chances and minus the kelly crossbar and bergeron shot from point blank they didnt make Luongo make any tough saves all night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

last night was a tough pill to swallow for me
    Posted by SpJay76

But probably not the only pill you swallowed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : But probably not the only pill you swallowed.
    Posted by habsno17

haha ziiiiiiiiiiing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Canucks are wasting their money flying in family members to witness cup celebrations in Boston, it ain't happening....

and B'S are planning on spoiling the party in Vancouver too!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

You knows, in the playoffs it's under pressure that we can see the best team.

Game 1 and 2, pressure on the 2  teams. =  Nucks win.
    Game 3 and 4, high pressure just for the Bruins. = Bruins win.
    Game 5, high pressure on the 2 teams. =  Nucks win.

This should be enough to clarify the 8-1 and 4-0.

Hey Guys, cheer for your local team, but bet your pay on the performers. Boxing fans know what I mean. Needless to win all the rounds, just those that really counts. In combat sport is just a basic strategy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You're obviously what we call a fair weather fan. I'm not a hockey fan, and rarely watch hockey, but I'm gaining an appreciation for the sport. I'm not the expert you are on the Bruins, but I've been watching this team since the Tampa series. I'm not sure what game you were watching but this game was pretty evenly played by both teams, and the Bruins play was certainly not an embarrassment as you state. After a two game hiatis the Canucks finally showed up ready to play in front of thier home crowd. Don't be surprised if the Bruins take game 6 and go to Vancouver for game 7. Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete

I definitely agree with you.  All of the losses in Vancouver were very close and either team could have won.  Boston dominated in the wins in Boston and I would expect the same on Monday night.  The law of averages in on Boston's side in game 7. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

one game at a time. on our ice I love our chances. then, who knows.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : well there is the game 7 loss to montreal at home, i think that was the year before the lockout. But i was referring more to the epic collapse last year against philly and the game 7 home loss to the Hurricanes 2 years ago. Hell, might as well throw in the game 7 blowout loss to montreal 3 years ago, although that team had little to no expectations for it. AGAIN i cant stress this enough, I want a cup more than anything and maybe im being way too negative but last night was a tough pill to swallow for me
    Posted by SpJay76

OK, I get it.  But get some perspective and look a just a few years before that.  Lewis.  MOC.  Lapointless.  Paul Coffey.  The Thornton trade.  Playing the way they are in the SCF is nothing to be ashamed of.  Gutsy effort.

This was a team built for a deep playoff run, but not built for Stanley Cup win.  It's a slight difference, but a slight difference is all there is between the Bruins and Habs-West.

"Next year" sounds like something the red sox fans said all those years, but this WILL be a better team next year.  They will dump the bad cap money one way or another, IF Kab or Ryder get resigned it will be for a lot less.  Seguin will be much better next year.  And in the pipeline there is Caron, Spooner, Knight and #9 this year.  It's a pretty reasonable prediction that someone from the pipeline becomes an impact player.

Plus, it ain't over yet.  Canucks actually have to win that 4th game first.  The score of game 6 is still zero zero.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : OK, I get it.  But get some perspective and look a just a few years before that.  Lewis.  MOC.  Lapointless.  Paul Coffey.  The Thornton trade.  Playing the way they are in the SCF is nothing to be ashamed of.  Gutsy effort. This was a team built for a deep playoff run, but not built for Stanley Cup win.  It's a slight difference, but a slight difference is all there is between the Bruins and Habs-West. "Next year" sounds like something the red sox fans said all those years, but this WILL be a better team next year.  They will dump the bad cap money one way or another, IF Kab or Ryder get resigned it will be for a lot less.  Seguin will be much better next year.  And in the pipeline there is Caron, Spooner, Knight and #9 this year.  It's a pretty reasonable prediction that someone from the pipeline becomes an impact player. Plus, it ain't over yet.  Canucks actually have to win that 4th game first.  The score of game 6 is still zero zero.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Stepping outside my fake persona here to make a point.
    It should also theoretically become easier to bag an impact free agent if they decided to go that route. A chance to be on a Cup contending team, especially one as young as this one which (at least to my Bruins homerism) has "perennial" written all over it for the next few years, can make money seem a little bit less important in some instances. Not sure who is out this year, and refuse to look until this series is over, but assuming not resigning Ryder and the possible retirement of Savard, thats some big money sitting there unused.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I disagree. I LOVE our chances monday night and expect a win. Unless we can finish in game 7, and establish more of a physical presence, especially right out of the gate, and assuming we win monday, I see Henrik Sedin hoisting the cup in Vancouver.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I disagree. I LOVE our chances monday night and expect a win. Unless we can finish in game 7, and establish more of a physical presence, especially right out of the gate, and assuming we win monday, I see Henrik Sedin hoisting the cup in Vancouver.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

That's the scenario one would expect.

But if you told me there would be blow out games and one goal games before the series I would have said 100% it would be the Bruins winning the one goals games and the Canucks with the blow outs.

And it is playing out exactly opposite to that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Canucks will hoist Cup at TD Garden : That's the scenario one would expect. But if you told me there would be blow out games and one goal games before the series I would have said 100% it would be the Bruins winning the one goals games and the Canucks with the blow outs. And it is playing out exactly opposite to that.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Same here. Hopefully this series ends similar to the 2009 Pens-Wings final. Each team won their home games during the first 6 games, but Pittsburgh won game 7 in Detroit. It was the result of oustanding goaltending (Fleury) and a stellar performance from a player that was relatively offensively-challenged (Talbot).

I thought that series, after the first few games, would go back and forth with the home team winning every game. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen...in game 7 Wink

Sections
Shortcuts