CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins

In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins:
    [QUOTE] Now he should not go the Henry way and cheap out the fans in the "Red Sox Nation".  Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

180 million dollar payroll is "cheaping out the fans" because he's not adding to it?

People in this area are taking entitlement to the level of crazy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I wonder what it would take to pry Ryan Ellis from Nashville? He would be a nice depth Dman that can play some minutes and maybe help the PP.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7022

Just a thought.
                                           cap hit       11/12       12/13      13/14      14/15
    Ellis, Ryan  0.810 0.900 0.810 0.810 RFA  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder what it would take to pry Ryan Ellis from Nashville? He would be a nice depth Dman that can play some minutes and maybe help the PP. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=7022 Just a thought.                                        cap hit       11/12       12/13      13/14      14/15 Ellis, Ryan     0.810   0.900 0.810 0.810 RFA  
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    With the prospect of losing Suter and maybe Weber, i don't think Nashville will be too keen to trade any of their young d-men.Unless there is a d-man going the other way i guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : 180 million dollar payroll is "cheaping out the fans" because he's not adding to it? People in this area are taking entitlement to the level of crazy.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Oh no no no no no.  We are not getting into baseball talk here.  There are a million and one places to talk about that subject.  This is Boston Bruins hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : Gill is someone I have always liked and is a dependible shut down dman.  One of the best at it.  I would rather someone more mobile...and possibly someone for the PP...which is why I mentioned Souray.  But Gill would be a perfect fit and take some of the pressure off of Z.  Boychuk/Corvo are likely replaced next year by Kampfer and Hamilton.  Kelly/Rask will be back...but this team can surely use Campy as a 3rd line center if they want to spend in other areas. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

No thanks to hal gill round 2 I just can't get over how soft he plays for his size.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

The only players that are possible trades:

For deadline deals to get ( PC he said will not make any subtraction to harm the team):
    Horton has 50/50 shot to be traded if it involves a big name but is part of the 1st line but at the moment is having concussion problems. Did show in last yrs. play offs until his injury.

Corvo or Boychuk not both could be going if the Bruins are seeking a top d man for rental in a package deal

In the off season possible trade bait:

If Rask can step up this year then a slight possibility Thomas can be traded next season cause of his UFA season could be a good deadline deal if Rask is sign.

Krejci can get us some nice returns Seguin is looking like the next center but is playing wing on Bergerons' line at the moment. Seguin could be the center with Lucic or RW  with Krejci and Looch come next year.

Marchand and Bergy could be training another prospect on the RW come next season.

Most important our first goal is too sign Rask is already showing he is a Bruin and will not get any worst. He still will need to mature hockey sense and emotions.

If we don't sign Kelly then we will lose out on a third line center, if we sign him then Peverly could be the 2nd line RW next season.

In conclusion the bruins mngt. will be looking for a good solid d man for low value cause their main signing in the off season will be Kelly and rask. If the mngt. need to shed salary then we may see Krejci or Horton traded in the summer.

The Bruins come playoff time will need to improve the blueline and PP before deadline. I personally have 100% faith in our forwards but 50% faith with the current d men boychuk and corvo. Once ference is back then PC will pull the trigger for a d man.

Then asked yourself this can Seguin be as good as Krejci centering the 1st line come next year. If you think yes then Krejci can be traded in the summer.

Other possible signings in the summer if the price is right are Paille, Campbell and Poulit will be good idea to keep the Bruins roster intact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think PC will surprise us this year like he did last year with the separate deals that through us all for a loop. Now if Chiarelli also did a Horton type deal I would also not be shocked as he has the cap space to do it. What's nice is PCs humour and transparency in telling the fans and Lebrun that he will indeed improve our Bs so I have faith.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : Pouliot is not a 4th line player, i think he's shown that he can do just fine on the third/2nd line. Horton & corvo are the only guys I would be looking to replace on this team.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

why horton?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]I think PC will surprise us this year like he did last year with the separate deals that through us all for a loop. Now if Chiarelli also did a Horton type deal I would also not be shocked as he has the cap space to do it. What's nice is PCs humour and transparency in telling the fans and Lebrun that he will indeed improve our Bs so I have faith.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

SanDog, you've nailed it. Whatever moves Chiarelli makes, they will be of the "didn't see this coming" variety. And their true worth might not be clear right away, as was the case with Kelly and Peverley.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Though, if I were you guys, I might also be somewhat concerned regarding PC's evaluation of available D-men out there.  Having read many posts here on the subject, it seems that the Kaberle deal was an expensive rental (yes, he was on the Cup winning team, I realize that); and there seems to be a reasonable consensus that Corvo is not the answer.  After watching the WJ's, Dougie seems like the real deal, and there's every chance he could be the B's Alpha D-man of the future.  As we know, though, junior D-men take longer to develop than forwards (as a general rule), so his arrival on the big team may not be until late next season as a playoff call-up from Providence.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Though, if I were you guys, I might also be somewhat concerned regarding PC's evaluation of available D-men out there. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Chara, Seidenberg, and Ference tell me that Chiarelli is pretty good at evaluating defensemen.

How's Andrew Alberts treating you?  LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : Chara, Seidenberg, and Ference tell me that Chiarelli is pretty good at evaluating defensemen. How's Andrew Alberts treating you?  LOL
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Nice job of grabbing a quote and using it without the supporting argument. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Toughness and depth with expiring contracts that look good are Gill, Aucoin or Staois on D and Koivu, Prospal and Stepniak as a depth forward wouldn't cost Chiarelli for that depth he's looking for."

Plenty of expiring contracts out there without mortgaging allot. Then again Chiarelli could do what what he's done in the last 3 years commit complete robbery of another GM with a bigger deal and still keep his core players. The question for me is how he pulls back a current 2nd rounder he doesn't have unless he's made a decision to trade his 1st rounder for a couple of 2nd rounders.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wouldnt mind seeing Hal Gill in a Bruins uniform come playoff time, I think thoughts of Suter,Parise etc..are wishful thinking, especially with expiring contracts of core players ore on the horizon. I see a nice steady rent a player coming aboard this deadline, and I'm fine with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : Nice job of grabbing a quote and using it without the supporting argument. 
    Isn't winning a Cup with Kaberle all of the support needed for the argument? He gave up a guy who still can't crack the Leafs lineup along with pick #30 and another pick that currently sits at #57.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]I'd send considerable futures to get Doan. Send corvo back to CAR with a 2nd for Gleason. Do something else to add a true #7 like Hnidy last year for padding before you have to call up Kampfer. It would be the most dangerous 4 lines in the league. Lucic-Krejci-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin Peverley-Kelley-Doan Pouliot-Campbell-Paille (Thornton) Chara-Gleason Seids-Boychuck Ference-McQuaid (Back up) Repeat boom. Doan walks after this year.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I like that idea ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : Isn't winning a Cup with Kaberle all of the support needed for the argument? He gave up a guy who still can't crack the Leafs lineup along with pick #30 and another pick that currently sits at #57.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm simply arriving at a conclusion based on a lot of discussion by you and your colleagues here, that hasn't necessarily been all that complimentary about Kaberle.  Look at the evidence: PC could have re-signed him for this season -- there was/is plenty of cap space, but didn't.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : why horton?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

I just think he plays too passively and inconsistently for my taste. He's certainly a good option, and I wouldn't replace him with just anyone given his comfort level with Krejci and Lucic, but I'm still holding out baby-jesus hope that we could swing Zach Parise.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : No thanks to hal gill round 2 I just can't get over how soft he plays for his size.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you define as soft.  He is a prime time...actually  Prime Time shut down dman who owned Sid/Ovie a few yrs back.  Adding him to this lineup means Chara doesnt have to match up with those guys as much.  When a team comes with 2 dominant lines you cant play Chara all game.  Gill eliminates one, blocks shots like crazy, hits and kills PIMS.  He likely can be had for 10 pizzas and a case of beer(friend of mine in junior was traded for that so its not original).
    This soft thing doesnt sit with me.  Kaberle is soft.  Gill is far from it.  You don't have to drop the mits every night to be a tough guy and he is very durable for the role he plays.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : I'm simply arriving at a conclusion based on a lot of discussion by you and your colleagues here, that hasn't necessarily been all that complimentary about Kaberle.  Look at the evidence: PC could have re-signed him for this season -- there was/is plenty of cap space, but didn't.

I for loved the Kaberle deal at the time and wish he resigned here. Yes he got more from Carolina than I would have given him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek ($7,596,048) Available for Bruins : I'm simply arriving at a conclusion based on a lot of discussion by you and your colleagues here, that hasn't necessarily been all that complimentary about Kaberle.  Look at the evidence: PC could have re-signed him for this season -- there was/is plenty of cap space, but didn't.

Great deductive reasoning.   Why not use the same skill to arrive at the conclusion that your team is a joke and no one here cares for your warped perspective?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hal Gill has been around for quite a while. He is a native son, and his play in Montreal has been better than any prior year in Boston which only indicates that it takes longer for defensemen to mature.Ok for a one year fill in.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

I agree we'll see a Kelly extension before any trades are made.  I'm sure they would like to get a Rask deal done too but I'm not so sure Tukka is an a hurry.  I still don't think Thomas will be traded when his no-trade clause expires this summer.  Unless a contender feels they are a goalie away from a Cup run (Philly, Washington, Chicago) don't expect a team to give up too much for a 38 year old goalie in the final year of his contact.  Don't get me wrong either, TT is my favorite NHL player and I believe he's the best goaltender in the NHL.  I just don't see a big trade market for him given his age and possibilty he could retire when his contract expires.