Capgeek Has Just Put in Overages...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Capgeek Has Just Put in Overages...

...and the B's are carrying over $4.75mill:

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/" rel="nofollow">http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/

Ouch!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Capgeek Has Just Put in Overages...

Yeah, they played some games with the cap to get Iginla on the team and now are paying for it.  

Sucks for the RFAs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

My thinking, after looking at this, is we are going to soon witness a salary dump (ex. Boychuk to team X for some prospects or something like that)...that is, if PC is serious about re-signing Iginla.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thinking, after looking at this, is we are going to soon witness a salary dump (ex. Boychuk to team X for some prospects or something like that)...that is, if PC is serious about re-signing Iginla.

[/QUOTE]

It's sad, but real tough to sign Iginla under these terms. Man, when did it get so difficult to maintain the depth? I still don't see a bad salary on the team. Maybe a little over on the Kelly deal, but that's more than made up with stellar deals all throughout the lineup in other areas. No wonder most teams have 2 lines and that's it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No wonder most teams have 2 lines and that's it.

[/QUOTE]

That and good drafting. B's need some of the prospects to step up at forward. Last good crop was Lucuc/Krecji/Marchand. Smith was an acquisition and Yeti a long term investment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They can play the same game again this year and get Iginla, as long as Krug and Smith take bridge style deals in the $2M+ range.  Neither has much leverage to demand more.  Kelly is the most likely Cap casualty.

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I would think that Iginla would take another incentive laden deal.  If he hits his bonuses, the bruins will be in the same spot next year, but of course that will mean that Iginla was once again a good, productive signing.

Kelly's gotta go.  Bartkowski too.  That might be enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's sad, but real tough to sign Iginla under these terms. Man, when did it get so difficult to maintain the depth? I still don't see a bad salary on the team. Maybe a little over on the Kelly deal, but that's more than made up with stellar deals all throughout the lineup in other areas. No wonder most teams have 2 lines and that's it.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

don't get Shupe going....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

don't get Shupe going....

[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhhhh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now you did it!!! Hopefully Shupe is working for 3 days straight & doesn't see this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The final 4 teams all had high paid goaltenders. It's almost like there's some sort of pattern..........

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The final 4 teams all had high paid goaltenders. It's almost like there's some sort of pattern..........

[/QUOTE]

Must be some kind of goalie conspiracy.....headed up by the brain of Glen Healy

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Must be some kind of goalie conspiracy.....headed up by the brain of Glen Healy

[/QUOTE]

Either that or goaltending is an integral part of a winning formula. It's one or the other but now I'm starting to lean towards your theory.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

If boychuk is moved, I hope the trade doesn't look like a dump and they get some good value in return.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Either that or goaltending is an integral part of a winning formula. It's one or the other but now I'm starting to lean towards your theory.

[/QUOTE]

I blame Patrick Roy when he got his first $1mill contract back in 87 I think? That was the beginning of the "money goalie" era we are seeing today.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If boychuk is moved, I hope the trade doesn't look like a dump and they get some good value in return.

[/QUOTE]

PC can be pretty ruthless when it comes to salary dumps if he has to. Remember Sturm traded for basically a cigarette butt?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:[QUOTE] Yeah, I would think that Iginla would take another incentive laden deal.  

Kelly's gotta go.  Bartkowski too.  That might be enough. [/QUOTE]

Might is a key ingredient and I really don't want more salaries on top of those two just to squeeze Iginla in. Don't want more money taken away from next years cap either with another incentive laden deal.

I'd rather PC make some trades to fill the 1st and 3rd line spots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I would think that Iginla would take another incentive laden deal.  If he hits his bonuses, the bruins will be in the same spot next year, but of course that will mean that Iginla was once again a good, productive signing.

Kelly's gotta go.  Bartkowski too.  That might be enough.

[/QUOTE]

Agree fletch.

$3M is too much for what Kelly is bringing to the table.  I like him, but he isn't a good value, especially when you are tight to Cap.  Hate the fact that PC  gave him the NTC as well.  I don't see a ton of daylight between what Kelly gives as compared to Campbell for just about half the money($1.6M).

Bartkowski could be a good p/u for a team looking for a bottom-pair d-man.  Problem is the B's have 4 of them with Bartkowski, Krug, McQuaid & Miller.

Wouldn't be surprised if McQuaid was moved either, Miller can play that role for half the bank.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PC can be pretty ruthless when it comes to salary dumps if he has to. Remember Sturm traded for basically a cigarette butt?

[/QUOTE]

Ya, but sturm couldn't play anymore, boychuk can.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:
    [QUOTE]

$3M is too much for what Kelly is bringing to the table.  I like him, but he isn't a good value, especially when you are tight to Cap.  Hate the fact that PC  gave him the NTC as well.  I don't see a ton of daylight between what Kelly gives as compared to Campbell for just about half the money($1.6M).

[/QUOTE]

I think he got a contract comparable to Peverly at the time which was fine back then because they were both integral pieces to the 2011 cup drive. That plus he netted 20 goals in a contract year. Made sense then but since he has been a bit of a non-entity due to injuries.

Too bad but you are right, he is a bottom six guy with a rather large contract relative to his worth and with a NTC to boot. Would be difficult to move him, especially since having back surgery. I smell PC's first buyout if there are no takers....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, it wasn't evident Sturm was finished at the time. He was still a rather reliable 20 goal guy. But, his salary had to go...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To be fair, it wasn't evident Sturm was finished at the time. He was still a rather reliable 20 goal guy. But, his salary had to go...

[/QUOTE]

That's true JM. He had an OK year after being traded (16p-35gp) but was bitten by the injury bug again. He even managed to contribute 3 points in 9 playoff games for the Caps so he helped them win a round.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Those damn knee injuries. Shades of Markov, except Markov appears to have recovered somewhat. Oh well...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Woah woah woah. Simmah down. Kelly is a FAR better player than Campbell. Dude was injured, but looked mighty fine with Soder and Eriksson for he games they had together. Yes, the contract might need to go, but lets not pretend that he'd be no big loss. A healthy Kelly will put up 18-22-40, kill a bunch of penalties and be strong in the faceoff circle - that's great for 3rd line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

A healthy Kelly will put up 18-22-40

[/QUOTE]

I healthy Kelly has never put up 40 points. Not even in his prime and it is not now...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8467967

Sections
Shortcuts