CapGeek

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

CapGeek

http://www.capgeek.com/

According to Capgeek 8 teams have cap space of 10 mill or more. 5 teams have 5 to 9 mill cap space.

Of those 13 teams, 8 are starting off the NHL season on a good foot. That leaves 5 teams that might want to trade and maybe 8 more that might want to tweek their lineup.

It's amazing to see St.Louis and LA towards the bottom of the cap space.

Are these the teams the Bruins would most likely do a trade with ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: CapGeek

More than likely Stuke but St. Louis and LA have been playing very well so I don't see teams with lower pay rolls making any moves until the trade deadline or if they go through a rash of injuries.

Being on the left coast and keeping up with Dean Lombardi he just survived Dustin Brown being out for awhile and they have 11 wins most in the NHL. All LA wants is to playing their kids. John Davidson was on NHL hour with the  commish and other than the shalacking by Colombus he's very happy with his team. Now this might change if St. Louis slides a bit with Oshie out but taking Ryder's 4Mil right now for just a draft pick I can't see it right now.

Minnesota and Colombus are teams that I could see making deals because they need to make the playoffs this year. Those two teams are alwys looking for offense. Medium market teams when can they increase their payroll probably ?

PC has had no luck lately

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/36329-Rumor-Roundup-Ryder-riding-out-of-Boston.htmla

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Just because a team has extra cap space, it doesn't make them a dumping ground.  "Hey, LA, yeah so you have that money that you're not spending right now, right?  How's about you put Ryder's $4M on your payroll?  Listen, I know you guys are playing really well right now, but hey, you do have that cap space.  Send us a fourth round pick (Chiarelli special) and we'll call it even."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

NAS is spot on again.

Teams that have cap space may want to keep their cap space for an impact player or may not want to further increase their payrolls based on team's revenues (or lack thereof.)

Even though the Bruins are desperate to make a move to compensate for the poor cap management of their overspending GM ($5.5 Million over the salary cap when Sturm and Savard return, I believe) doesn't necessarily mean that other teams are.

Chiarelli has really put the Bruins in a position of weakness on this front.

As a Habs' fan, I have to say, "Nice job, PC !" 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

StL and LA are playing their young players and reaping the benefits. Claude is shaky with 4 rookies and prefers to play Paille[ ugh] Ryder[ so-so] Recchi, who makes us eat our criticism, and Ference. Definitley need some more changes, but, have to accomodate Savard and Sturm first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: CapGeek:
    [QUOTE]StL and LA are playing their young players and reaping the benefits. Claude is shaky with 4 rookies and prefers to play Paille[ ugh] Ryder[ so-so] Recchi, who makes us eat our criticism, and Ference. Definitley need some more changes, but, have to accomodate Savard and Sturm first.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

If Julien "prefers to play Paille," why was he a healthy scratch until Krejci went down? And Ryder trails only Horton (13 points) and Lucic (12 points) with 10 points in 13 games, better than "so-so."

As for the OP, there are several teams that are well below the cap because they have self-imposed budgets, which would make them difficult trade partners. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS is spot on again. Teams that have cap space may want to keep their cap space for an impact player or may not want to further increase their payrolls based on team's revenues (or lack thereof.) Even though the Bruins are desperate to make a move to compensate for the poor cap management of their overspending GM ($5.5 Million over the salary cap when Sturm and Savard return, I believe) doesn't necessarily mean that other teams are. Chiarelli has really put the Bruins in a position of weakness on this front. As a Habs' fan, I have to say, "Nice job, PC !" 
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say they are desparate to make a move.  They have plenty of options.  If you want to see poor cap management, take a look at the Devils.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]Just because a team has extra cap space, it doesn't make them a dumping ground.  "Hey, LA, yeah so you have that money that you're not spending right now, right?  How's about you put Ryder's $4M on your payroll?  Listen, I know you guys are playing really well right now, but hey, you do have that cap space.  Send us a fourth round pick (Chiarelli special) and we'll call it even."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Capspace is a luxury if the following happens.
    An injury, a downslide or even a tweak to better your team. So guess what Nas, some how some time those teams will look for help regardless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CapGeek : Capspace is a luxury if the following happens. An injury, a downslide or even a tweak to better your team. So guess what Nas, some how some time those teams will look for help regardless.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, Wally.  If they need the help, they'll seek it.  My point was that teams with cap space aren't waiting by the phone, trying to get up against the top line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The cap space comments are all true, but right now there are a few teams that are pushing for a scoring forward.  PHX and TOR are 2 that are actively shopping for a boost.  STL is playing well but they may be in the market now that Oshie went down. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see these teams with cap space make a move for someone in the near future...