Cap'n' Crunch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Cap'n' Crunch

Capgeek has an updated cap for next year of $71.1M, but cautions it may go as low as $69M.  

Taking players currently under contract for next season, the Bruins should have from $7.5M to $9.5M to fill 3F, 1D and 1G positions.  That allows for using Savard's LTIR and assumes Iginla's $4.2M in bonuses will be a penalty in full.

Notably, this leaves Krug and Smith unsigned.  If they go cheap on backup G and get those two in at $3.5M combined, it would leave $3.5M-$5.5M for the final winger plus Thornton/ST replacement. 

Exactly where the cap falls will greatly determine the Bruins' options for next year.  Barring trade, if it falls in at the low end a 1-year incentive-laden deal on an older player (Iginla again?) may be the only real option for getting scoring.

It's depressing looking at this already in May.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Cap'n' Crunch

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's depressing looking at this already in May.

[/QUOTE]

It's better than looking in April.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the roster.  I'm sure they aren't happy upstairs.  They know they need more than this out of such a great team.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Look for cheap replacements and deadline reinforcements. That's my prediction..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It will have to be through trades.

Lucic-Krejci-Kane
    Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
    LouI-Soderberg-Silfverberg (after I spike Murray's draft day coffee)
    Paille-Campbell-Florek

Fraser

Chara-Hamilton
    Boychuk-Seidenberg
    McQuaid-Krug

Miller

Rask
    Svedberg

Savard and Kelly on LTIR leaves $1.25M under the cap.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You don't mean Patrick Kane do you? Evander Kane right? Who on earth would they trade for him?

Also, you think Kelly is finished?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I dont see krug at 3 mil yet and long term would be a mistake. I still beleive in bartowski. I also think its time they picked up a bonified goal scorer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE]

You don't mean Patrick Kane do you? Evander Kane right? Who on earth would they trade for him?

Also, you think Kelly is finished?  [/QUOTE]

Yah Evander. Recovering from a herniated disc operation should keep Kelly out for a while and on LTIR but eventually he comes off next season.

I was having a little fun with CapGeek. Unless PC pulls off a trade for a right handed shot, it looks like another patchwork veteran to ride with  Krejci and Lucic. I think Chiarelli has a "Horton Deal" ground work laid out for the draft. He mentioned that at his post-deadline presser.

And then "Auto Cup"!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

A better shooting coach doesn't count against the cap and arguably could have contributed to a different outcome against Montreal.  Other than Iginla, they don't have a high slot sharpshooter (Horton) but both Looch and Marchand have enough power on their wrist shoots but need coaching/practice (off season improvement project)  to develop accuracy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah what's Pelé up too ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yah Evander. Recovering from a herniated disc operation should keep Kelly out for a while and on LTIR but eventually he comes off next season.

I was having a little fun with CapGeek. Unless PC pulls off a trade for a right handed shot, it looks like another patchwork veteran to ride with  Krejci and Lucic. I think Chiarelli has a "Horton Deal" ground work laid out for the draft. He mentioned that at his post-deadline presser.

And then "Auto Cup"!

[/QUOTE]

Interesting...if PC can pull something off that would be fodder for these boards all summer.

Publish your "roster" on capgeek so we can all have a look :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I really think that Kelly, McQuaid, Bartkowski, and Marchand are going to be moved.  And I'm not a "blow it up" guy at all.

I think there is a big difference between "didn't beat the Habs" and "can't beat the Habs.  I think if you play them 100 times, Boston wins more than they lose.  If somebody told me that Seidenberg, Chara, and McQuaid would be injured for the playoffs I may not picked them past the 2nd round.

Lots of reasons why they lost and why they happened to be at a disadvantage in this series.  I don't believe that the core of the roster is the reason for losing 4 out of 7 to the Habs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really think that Kelly, McQuaid, Bartkowski, and Marchand are going to be moved.  

[/QUOTE]

So do I.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kelly is about to go in for a herniated disc operation, he's not going anywhere till at least...maybe the next years deadline. I think McQuaid's salary is what Boston needs right now, especially knowing Julien's system. I don't think Miller has grabbed anyone's spot and I do like the idea of having them both.

If Seguin and Kessel can be traded then so can Marchand. But PC would be giving up speed and that is what Boston needs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think there has to be drastic changes. I'd be shocked if Marchand is moved. Svedberg slides into the back up role. I hope Iginla is re-signed.

One thing I have read is that Warsofsky will never be in the line up as long as Krug is in there as they would never two undersized defenseman playing at the same time. I would rather Warsoflsy/Krug over McQuaid/Miiller..I'd rather have two defenseman who can contribute to the offense rather than McQuaid/Miller who do nothing for the offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The problem with McQuaid is that he is simply not healthy enough to contribute over the long haul. He has never played a full season and missed 2  of the last 3 playoff runs. What good is a player who does not play? I like the guy, his toughness and snarl. But it means nothing when he is consistently on IR.

Miller is not as tough but much more durable. Mcquaid was the replacement for Stuart, Miller for McQuaid...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Johansen
    Soderberg-Bergeron-Smith
    LouI-Spooner-Iginla
    Paille-Kokho-Griffith

Fraser 

Chara-Hamilton
    Boychuk-Seidenberg
    Miller-Krug

Rask
    Svedberg

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE] Miller is not as tough but much more durable. Mcquaid was the replacement for Stuart, Miller for McQuaid...[/QUOTE]

How is Miller more durable ? what track record can we go from with that statement ?

Name some instances were McQuaid gaffes set the Bruins back during a playoff game. Then tell me how Adams' BIG salary being moved will help PC.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

How is Miller more durable ? what track record can we go from with that statement ?

Name some instances were McQuaid gaffes set the Bruins back during a playoff game. Then tell me how Adams' BIG salary being moved will help PC.

[/QUOTE]

First, I like McQuaid as did I Stuart but did not lament when he was moved.

Second, it's not his salary but the fact that he is a walking injury waiting to happen, taking up a roster spot along the way. With him in the lineup you practically have to have someone on call because you know he is going to go down with some affliction or another.

Third, Miller has been playing almost 20mins a night, even in the playoffs. Mcquaid averages 17ish in the regular season and under 15 in the playoffs (in 2013) so obviously CJ is comfortable with Miller. Every player has their gaffs.

Fourth, both in the AHL and into this season Miller has yet to miss time with any serious injury. Adam has never played a full season and missed 2 of the last 3 playoffs. No playing means no contribution at all.

Fifth, packaging Marchand and McQuaid could yield a good return, precisely what you are predicting PC will likely do. I can see and Evander Kane coming back with this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I remember when everyone wanted Ference out of Boston on BDC. No one wanted to wait to see if he could shake his injury problems. Not having McQuaid against Montreal for the playoffs is exactly why I want him back. Both are cap friendly defenseman that are tough to play against.

If offering Spooner, McQuaid, Miller, Marchand and Bartkowski in a trade package can fill some scoring depth then I am all for it. Chiarelli didn't give up on Ference and he was a difference maker in 2011.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If offering Spooner, McQuaid, Miller, Marchand and Bartkowski in a trade package can fill some scoring depth then I am all for it. Chiarelli didn't give up on Ference and he was a difference maker in 2011.

I do agree with this. Ference is still my favorite vegan and will forever be known to me as the guy who flipped off the Habs crowd....a true moment in B's history :)

In all honesty, PC could do absolutely nothing to the roster aside form re-singing the RFA's and this team would still thrive....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree with fletch on his choice of players.  I wouldnt move marchand unless we really get a nice piece in return.  I really like his game and speed.  Sometimes as i mentioned in another thread you have to cut ties with players like marchand bc they wear their welcome out. 

I think some new blood is needed.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I really think that Kelly, McQuaid, Bartkowski, and Marchand are going to be moved.  

[/QUOTE]

So do I.....

Can we get Sequin for them?

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So do I.....

Can we get Sequin for them?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No Marco, they cannot.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.