Caps @ B's 3/1/14 GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Caps @ B's 3/1/14 GDT

AP) -- The Boston Bruins' Olympic goaltender is finally back with the team and ready to get back between the pipes on NHL ice.

Tuukka Rask has returned to practice and figures to play Saturday at home against the Washington Capitals, who are out to match their longest winning streak of the season.

"It was a lot of fun," Rask told the team's official website about helping Finland to the bronze medal. "It was more fun than I imagined, but it's over now, and we're back here, back in business. Happy to be back, missed the guys."

The Bruins (37-16-5) could have used him in their first game after the Olympic break, a 5-4 overtime loss at Buffalo on Wednesday. Milan Lucic, Brad Marchand, Zdeno Chara and Chris Kelly scored but Chad Johnson allowed five goals on 26 shots.

The backup had won his previous five starts and still hasn't lost in regulation since a Dec. 28 relief appearance.

Boston coach Claude Julien placed blame on a poor defensive effort.

"I thought offensively, I didn't mind our game," said Julien, whose team holds a six-point lead in the Atlantic Division and is trying to close a five-point gap with Pittsburgh for the No. 1 spot in the Eastern Conference. "You score four goals, you should win those kind of games. But certainly, we were definitely rusty defensively."

They now begin a stretch of 17 games in 31 days, with six sets of back-to-backs in that span.

"The good news is that we've been through it before, so it's nothing new for us, but we just have to approach it the right way and make sure we get our rest in the right times, and really dig deep in those game situations," Rask said. "It's going to be tough, but as I said, we've been through it before and we have the experience and leadership here to get through it and finish it off on the right note."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Caps @ B's 3/1/14 GDT

Looking for a strong bounce back game... Go Bruins!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No Grabovski today, he always seems to play good against the B's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Wow, March 1st, first time the B's have played the Caps this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

5 on 3 couldn't get the puck on net.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

On the 5 on 3, this is own thing I don't like about Chara.  He seems to slow way down to where he's just taking up time on the point.  Even with a 5 on 3 the quicker you move the puck, the more likely you'll fool some one.  If he needs a rest, he should get off the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

How many times can you miss the net in a few minutes, wow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many times can you miss the net in a few minutes, wow.

[/QUOTE]

And from that close. That was brutal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Nice one-timer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think this game gets a little feisty before it's over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Olympic hangover continues...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

While our PP has gotten better, our PK has fallen off... not sure that is a better trade?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tiazac. Show tiazac's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  That was brutal. Can't shoot or pass.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Sorry to be repetitive but that poor 5 on 3 was on Chara.  He didn't move at all, just passed the puck to one guy, then another.  He lost the puck for a clear one time, then lost the puck a second time when his slap shot missed the net, hit the boards and left the zone.

Let him play the front of the net on PP; but please don't put him on the point.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hamilton steps on the ice with 10secs left on the PP and makes more happen than the 1st unit can do in 1:55Mins. Hamilton should never be off the powerplay. With how great Krejci is 5v5, i'll never understand how he can be so terrible on the PP. He has zero patience with the puck on the PP, Krug would have hammered that puck home with a return pass.

Bruins getting out-muscled in their own end so far and no forecheck. I hope this isn't an indication of how Eriksson is going to play from here on into the playoffs.  Through his 1st 5 periods back he looks absolutely lost. I want him to shake it off but he is making bad passes in the offensive zone so far since the Olympics.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Not good to read but they're a team that knows when they're off and knows what to do to to fix things.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Chara is the least of their worries right now

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rask can't stop Ovechkin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

since we know Boston is going to lose (since they haven't come back from 2 down all year) I'm just hoping for no injuries and move on...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

B's have never been good in afternoon games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

Rask can't stop Ovechkin

[/QUOTE]

Not many people can if he's hammering one timers from 15-feet out. That's why he has 43 G.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Martin Erat was a late scratch for todays game, I wonder if McPhee dealt him or has something in the works. My buddy just texted me that Ray Emery is not dressed today as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Martin Erat was a late scratch for todays game, I wonder if McPhee dealt him or has something in the works. My buddy just texted me that Ray Emery is not dressed today as well.

Could be nothing or it could be "Hmm." Have you heard anything regarding him in a trade, kel? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Wow I thought they would come ouit flying after Wed nights terrible performance but this has been fairly pathetic.