Caps Pleased With Performance?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Caps Pleased With Performance?

I guess they've got to take the attitude that they can still come back but it's still kind of funny...............

Caps weren't crushed by this defeat. "It's not that bad. We're happy with the way we played," defenseman Karl Alzner said. "I think we could've used a few more breaks. It's a 1-0 game. That's a pretty good game for us. It's easy to bounce back from that.""

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Caps Pleased With Performance?

I guess they weren't expecting to win and were pretty satisfied to compete?

I get the positive attitude and all, but that doesn't sound like a winner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Caps Pleased With Performance?:
    [QUOTE]I guess they weren't expecting to win and were pretty satisfied to compete? I get the positive attitude and all, but that doesn't sound like a winner.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Agreed Fletch. I thought him saying "that's a pretty good game for us" might've been going a little too far.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/apr/12/capitals-not-down-after-game-1-overtime-loss-bruin/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It shows where their mindset is. They know they are overmatched. They did a very good job of hanging in there, with a lucky bounce they could have won. I guess that's what they're hoping for. If the Bruins can break it open in the next game, Washington is probably done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I think they have the right to feel good about themselves. The game easily could have gone either way. The Caps actually carried the play in the 3rd period. Would be nice to score a couple early next game to bring Holtby down a couple of notches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hunter's game plan was to use his large bodies to hit all Bruins first, and hard. The bruins responded, and need to keep away from retaliation, which the CAPS are trying to stir up. Holtby was very good, but the PP still is not very good. The horses are there, but they need to keep moving more, and use the quick wrister rather than a wild slapper which takes time to set up. Would like to see Claude put Caron with Kreji, and move Peverly to replace Rolston. Puts more beef in front of Holtby, and more speed with Kelly

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I know you like Caron, but Rolston is big, fast and playing some great hockey. He was a key part of that goal. I also saw no problem with Peverley's play on the top line in that first game...

[QUOTE]Hunter's game plan was to use his large bodies to hit all Bruins first, and hard. The bruins responded, and need to keep away from retaliation, which the CAPS are trying to stir up. Holtby was very good, but the PP still is not very good. The horses are there, but they need to keep moving more, and use the quick wrister rather than a wild slapper which takes time to set up. Would like to see Claude put Caron with Kreji, and move Peverly to replace Rolston. Puts more beef in front of Holtby, and more speed with Kelly
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree wi jp, the Caps played a pretty darn good road game.  If Ovie buries that PP shot in the 3rd they're up 1-0 in the series.  That was an unbelievable save by TT.  As a road team, being tied going into the 3rd is good strategy in my book.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

off topic ....

but,

GO KINGS

LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't expect this to be an easy series, nor do I expect the B's to sweep either. The Caps have weapons, maybe the B's manhandled them, but obviously the rookie goalie is going to not going to give up easy Luongo type goals. I think game 2 as usual is a very big game in terms of just putting the Caps behind the 8-ball. Take a 2-0 lead, and I think the B's will play like they usually play on the road--seemingly more relaxed and one in which they will find ways to score in spurts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]I guess they weren't expecting to win and were pretty satisfied to compete? I get the positive attitude and all, but that doesn't sound like a winner.

Right on, Fletch!

No hockey team is going anywhere after 7 shots in the first two periods.

The Bruins took the foot off the gas in the third, because of Holtby's performance they didn't push the situation and instead kept to the game plan waiting for the perfect oppurtunity. Even with that, the Caps managed just 9 shots in the third.

Make no mistake, the Caps got bangged up and around and they know one thing is for sure - they will get bangged up and around some more, and often. It's early and they can take it for now. Their appetite for the physical play will wane as the series progresses. The minute they (Caps) lose their appetite the Bruins will go for the jugular.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Caps lost and were out shot 17-2 in the 2nd.
    Holtby probably had his best game amd the Bruins offence will get rolling at some time. Caps almost stole a game but didn't.
    Bruins in four or five!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am in full agreement with Dez on this one. If the Caps are happy with losing in that way and think their effort was good enough, we are in for a short series.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Caps got it it to a one-shot, lucky bounce type of game on the road...and their rookie goalie with no playoff game experience shut the Bruins out for 60+ minutes.  That is certainly something to build on if I'm the Caps.  Here is Hunter in the locker room before game 2...

"We could not play any worse offensively and we still almost got the "W".  That will not happen again!  That team over there is <expletive /> beatable. Don't <expletive> kid yourselves!   Let's get more pucks toward the net and we need to get more crashing traffic in front of Thomas- CRASH the  <expletive>  net!  We have just as much <expletive> size as they do and need to keep punishing their smaller forwards and take advantage of Corvo when he is out there and expose Zanon with speed.   We've shown in the last game that we can wear them down these <expletive> as we did in the third period.      Guys, keep on blocking shots or you'll end up sitting next to me and Holtby, just keep doing what your doing kid...

We are fooling ourselves if the Caps do not take positives out of last game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Getting outshot 2 to 1, failing to score, and losing the game isn't exactly a recipe for confidence in my mind.  I get that Hotlby played well and they could have won, but they didn't, and they squandered a great performance from the rookie. 

I don't think there are a lot of positives there for the Caps unless they needed some assurance that they wouldn't get blown out of the building.  Great, you competed.  You also couldn't score and you lost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Holtby's reaction to the goal was interesting. It makes me wonder how he will perform next game. It is up to him to look past it but some goals just stay with you forever.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]Getting outshot 2 to 1, failing to score, and losing the game isn't exactly a recipe for confidence in my mind.  I get that Hotlby played well and they could have won, but they didn't, and they squandered a great performance from the rookie.  I don't think there are a lot of positives there for the Caps unless they needed some assurance that they wouldn't get blown out of the building.  Great, you competed.  You also couldn't score and you lost.

Regardless, the Caps "have" to find positives and build on them.  See comments from the Bruins after game 1 against Vancouver last year.  
    What they're probably hanging their hat on, is the fact that it was a tie game for 61 minutes, in the other teams barn...maybe that they felt they had the edge in the 3rd, or had the best opportunity in overtime.  They should be thinking last night is proof they can win.  In the game clinching series of events, they got robbed, and the B's got a gift.  There are lots of positives, and it's not hard to find them when you lose in o/t on the road.  If it were 8-0 Boston, there'd still be some positives, and the Caps would dig until they found something to try and instill some confidence in the group for next game. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You can lose 8-0 and say in your pep talk the next game "We just played our worst game of hockey, and they played their best".....there are always positives.

However, these Caps won 3/4 in the regular season. They didn't need confidence.