car wins last 2 and nyr are out!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

car wins last 2 and nyr are out!

if nyr lose in reg tonight vs atl    car controls their own destiny  rather shocking also if phi loses in buf tom  the pens and bruins control their own destiny as far as passing the flyers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: car wins last 2 and nyr are out!

But don't NY own the tiebreaker with more wins if they tie? and does TB play Roloson on Sat at Carolina?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: car wins last 2 and nyr are out!:
    [QUOTE]But don't NY own the tiebreaker with more wins if they tie? and does TB play Roloson on Sat at Carolina?
    Posted by 49thparallel[/QUOTE]
    Hurricanes do control their own destiny. If they finished tied, the team with the most regulation & ot wins ( excluding shootout wins)  get the tiebreaker edge. If they end up with same amount of reg.& ot wins ( which is possible) then the next tiebreaker would be head to head results during the season, which Hurricanes own that tiebreaker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: car wins last 2 and nyr are out! : Hurricanes do control their own destiny. If they finished tied, the team with the most regulation & ot wins ( excluding shootout wins)  get the tiebreaker edge. If they end up with same amount of reg.& ot wins ( which is possible) then the next tiebreaker would be head to head results during the season, which Hurricanes own that tiebreaker.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

I thought wins were wins - it didn't matter if they were in regulation or OT or Shootout.  Do they really differentiate the types of wins?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yes gapc, new rule this year to determine tiebreakers. shootout wins do not count toward the final tally. i like this rule a lot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

IF BUF LOSES TO PHI TONIGHT AND ALMOST GUARENTEED BOSTON AND MTL WILL MEET   MTL WOULD CLINCH 6 SEED AND THE BRUINS WOULD BE 4 BEHIND PHILY WITH 2 LEFT

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

[QUOTE]yes gapc, new rule this year to determine tiebreakers. shootout wins do not count toward the final tally. i like this rule a lot.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Then its almost a good thing the Bs suck at the Shootout!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: car wins last 2 and nyr are out! : Then its almost a good thing the Bs suck at the Shootout!
    Posted by gapc[/QUOTE]

No playoff game will be decided by the shoot out - makes sense that tiebreakers for conference standings shouldn't be either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

No GAME should be decided by a shootout. 

Now, with all thing possibly, I would LOVE to see the Bruins get the Hurricanes in the first round.  Canes CAN move in, Bruins CAN move up.  But, Ive said it for months, I dont mind the Habs in the first round.  People call them "scary", but its all ghost stories.  This is PLAYOFF HOCKEY we're talking about people.  Bruins will steam-roll the Habs.  The Bruins are ten times the team, and the officiating should tighten up as will the play.  Habs ONLY chance of winning is Carey Price, but his playoff record is HORRIBLE!  I dont see how the Habs win more than 1, MAYBE 2, but I say Bruins in 5.  Either way, this is an exciting end to the season with so many possibilities, and Im NOT worried about the first round at all.  Bruins are a better team than anyone theyll play and if they stay on their game theyll win handily.