Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Price has lost his last seven home playoff games and he has allowed more than four goals a game with a save percentage in the .870 range. This coupled with the change of momentum spells disaster for the Habs in Game 6.

Lucic is finally starting to show signs of breaking out and getting on the scoresheet. However, the powerplay is still dormant and needs to kick into high gear. B's win series in 6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games

I think the B's will win in 7... and both games will be nail-biters! Habs have THE toughest building to play in for a road team and it would be unheard of for Boston to win 3 there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Unfortunately, numbers don't lie. Price has been mediocre at best in games 3 and 4. Sports is more mental game than physical. The tides have turned in this series. B's in 6.

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games:
    [QUOTE]I think the B's will win in 7... and both games will be nail-biters! Habs have THE toughest building to play in for a road team and it would be unheard of for Boston to win 3 there.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Hey, if you say so... works for me!!!

but I think numbers mean a little less in the playoffs (it really is a different game!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hate having to beat someone when they are 0 and something..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

And the B's are 0-26 after losing the first two games in a series. They're both due for those records to change. I'm expecting another nailbiter with the B's winning 3-1 empty netter! The B's will be if not the ONLY, but one of the few teams in NHL play-off history to go a whole series without a PP goal.

I was at work the other nite watching the game. All my co-workers were laughing at me as I was calling the play when the B's were on the PP. "Here come the Bruins. They gain the line, shoot it in the corner. The Canadiens win the board battle & dump it out!" Believe it or not, I said these exact words 3x in like 20-30 seconds!
    It was funny, but really sad at the same time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think the B's will win in 7... and both games will be nail-biters! Habs have THE toughest building to play in for a road team and it would be unheard of for Boston to win 3 there.

Why is it  tough?  Because the fans sing loudly and boo a lot?  Who cares!  The ice is the same size and some of the best in the NHL.  Let the fans yap all night. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think the Bs have to play this one like if it was game 7.  It is better for the Bruins to avoid a game 7 because anything can happen in those kind of games.  
       For game 6 it will be interesting to see how the Habs react now that they have the pressure for the first time.
       If the Bs can grab the lead the fans could turn against them!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

THOSE ARE HIS PLAYOFF STATS!

[QUOTE]Hey, if you say so... works for me!!! but I think numbers mean a little less in the playoffs (it really is a different game!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

[QUOTE]And the B's are 0-26 after losing the first two games in a series. They're both due for those records to change. I'm expecting another nailbiter with the B's winning 3-1 empty netter! The B's will be if not the ONLY, but one of the few teams in NHL play-off history to go a whole series without a PP goal. I was at work the other nite watching the game. All my co-workers were laughing at me as I was calling the play when the B's were on the PP. " Here come the Bruins. They gain the line, shoot it in the corner. The Canadiens win the board battle & dump it out!" Believe it or not, I said these exact words 3x in like 20-30 seconds! It was funny, but really sad at the same time.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Better to beat the Habs when Price is 0-7 instead of 7-0 at home during the playoffs.

[QUOTE]I hate having to beat someone when they are 0 and something..
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

True the B's are 0-26 when trailing a series 2-0. However, during that time the Bruins never came back and led in the series 3-2. Bruins must start scoring on their PP. Numbers eventually average out. During the season the B's PP was at 16%. Since they are now 0-15, they are now due to score 3 PP goals in their next 5 chances.

[QUOTE]And the B's are 0-26 after losing the firt two games in a series. They're both due for those records to change. I'm expecting another nailbiter with the B's winning 3-1 empty netter! The B's will be if not the ONLY, but one of the few teams in NHL play-off history to go a whole series without a PP goal. I was at work the other nite watching the game. All my co-workers were laughing at me as I was calling the play when the B's were on the PP. " Here come the Bruins. They gain the line, shoot it in the corner. The Canadiens win the board battle & dump it out!" Believe it or not, I said these exact words 3x in like 20-30 seconds! It was funny, but really sad at the same time.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Totally agree. Home ice is so overrated. It actually becomes home ice disadvantage due to all the pressure and expectations. That's why Price is a better road goalie in the playoffs.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Why is it  tough?  Because the fans sing loudly and boo a lot?  Who cares!  The ice is the same size and some of the best in the NHL.  Let the fans yap all night. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Stats like this are great for fans but really don't mean a ton. Heck, going into the series, there were several "Price is 0-8 in his last 8 playoff games" and "Price has a horrible W-L / GAA / Save % in his last games in Boston". Those numbers, accurate as they were, meant little to games 1 and 2. They're fun to look at and kick around, of course, which is why broadcasters and reporters bring them up, but as far as really telling the future, they're not very important.

To use another example, I wouldn't want to put the 0-for-forever Bruins PP on the ice too much, either. Just because they've been bageled for 5 games doesn't mean they could hit 3 for 5 tomorrow if given the opportunity; the potential is sure there.

Likewise with Carey Price: he's become one of the better goaltenders in the NHL. In fact, one of the things that each team will have going for in the next round (regardless of who wins) is that they will likely be better in goal (neither team can play Buffalo next). Does that mean the Habs will win Game 6 on Price and his goaltending? Hardly--he can have an off night or he could be on his game and get outdueled by Tim Thomas. Lots of things can happen.

But 0-8 at home in his last 8? Hope that works out as his last 0-8 streak did. :)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games:
    [QUOTE]Price has lost his last seven home playoff games and he has allowed more than four goals a game with a save percentage in the .870 range. This coupled with the change of momentum spells disaster for the Habs in Game 6. Lucic is finally starting to show signs of breaking out and getting on the scoresheet. However, the powerplay is still dormant and needs to kick into high gear. B's win series in 6.
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

History will definatly be made....However, I am not going to get my hopes up just yet:  here are some interesting Stats:

The bruins are 0-26 in series they have dropped the first 2 games. 
    Habs have lost their last 2 series that they won the first 2 games
    Price 0-7 at home in last 7 playoff games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Stats like this are great for fans but really don't mean a ton. Heck, going into the series, there were several "Price is 0-8 in his last 8 playoff games" and "Price has a horrible W-L / GAA / Save % in his last games in Boston". Those numbers, accurate as they were, meant little to games 1 and 2. They're fun to look at and kick around, of course, which is why broadcasters and reporters bring them up, but as far as really telling the future, they're not very important. To use another example, I wouldn't want to put the 0-for-forever Bruins PP on the ice too much, either. Just because they've been bageled for 5 games doesn't mean they could hit 3 for 5 tomorrow if given the opportunity; the potential is sure there. Likewise with Carey Price: he's become one of the better goaltenders in the NHL. In fact, one of the things that each team will have going for in the next round (regardless of who wins) is that they will likely be better in goal (neither team can play Buffalo next). Does that mean the Habs will win Game 6 on Price and his goaltending? Hardly--he can have an off night or he could be on his game and get outdueled by Tim Thomas. Lots of things can happen. But 0-8 at home in his last 8? Hope that works out as his last 0-8 streak did. :)
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Yup, after last years "epic" or "historic" loss to Philly in the playoffs carp, I find Bs fans using stats almost amusing.  Certainly the fans have a right to find a way to believe.  The fact is the players decide the game, losing streaks or winning streaks may factor but nothing makes up for the will and skill aspects of the game.  In a league of parity, and "no lead is safe" mantra, the game will hinge on a few mistakes by either team.  Now that is hockey, and it is exciting.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

It's rediculous to go to Price's 0-7 stat because 2 of those loses were THIS series, and 2 more were the sweep from 2 years ago when the Habs were a TOTALLY different team (Higgins, Komisarek, Kovalev, Koivu, etc). The only thing that's the same is the sweater, and that older team folded.
    I agree Price had folded under pressure before, but he had a hell of a lot of pressure on him this past game, and over 90 minutes of hockey game up TWO back-door goals, one of which was a broken play. He DOES seem to get demoralized IN ONE game, though (game 5 in MTL the Kessel year, the game this year where he put the puck into Rex), but he seems to bounce back (game 7 the Kessel year, last game this year). He's a damn good goalie, and seems like a decent enough guy. I just don't like the team that drafted him and signs his checks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I think Price COULD be a great goalie on a different team, but he's dealt with a ton of crap up there.  I DO NOT agree that he is one of the leagues better goalies today.  NOT AT ALL!  If stats dont mean anything than what, pray tell, are we going by here?  Price has only had ONE winning season, his rookie year when he played 41 games and went 24-18.  He is 98-112 overall.  His playoff stats in general are horrible.  He is full of talent but like Ive said for years, he seems to be a headcase.  He doesnt seem mentally tough to me.  And the Habs fans beat him up when he isnt playing well so that doesnt help.  Its like the fans expect him to do everything, kind of like the Boston fans here on Thomas, except Thomas has far better career stats than Price.....but we arent going by stats, right?  Price was KEY for them in making the playoffs this year, but you can only ride him so much.  If he had a good supporting cast instead of average, I think the Canadiens would have been better than a lot of teams this year.  But that isnt the case.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

I agree. Price is overrated and chokes under pressure. Especially at home in the playoffs.

[QUOTE]The guy is overrated and clams up under the pressure. He was already making excuses in the press.  I wouldn't be surprised if Boston wins this one going away, something like 4-1.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Sports is more mental than physical. The pentulum has now swung in the B's favour. Habs are toast.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Yup, after last years "epic" or "historic" loss to Philly in the playoffs carp, I find Bs fans using stats almost amusing.  Certainly the fans have a right to find a way to believe.  The fact is the players decide the game, losing streaks or winning streaks may factor but nothing makes up for the will and skill aspects of the game.  In a league of parity, and "no lead is safe" mantra, the game will hinge on a few mistakes by either team.  Now that is hockey, and it is exciting.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

If Price is such a great goalie, why was he not a finalist for the Vezina trophy? He has all hat and no cowboy when it comes to crunch time. 

[QUOTE]Stats like this are great for fans but really don't mean a ton. Heck, going into the series, there were several "Price is 0-8 in his last 8 playoff games" and "Price has a horrible W-L / GAA / Save % in his last games in Boston". Those numbers, accurate as they were, meant little to games 1 and 2. They're fun to look at and kick around, of course, which is why broadcasters and reporters bring them up, but as far as really telling the future, they're not very important. To use another example, I wouldn't want to put the 0-for-forever Bruins PP on the ice too much, either. Just because they've been bageled for 5 games doesn't mean they could hit 3 for 5 tomorrow if given the opportunity; the potential is sure there. Likewise with Carey Price: he's become one of the better goaltenders in the NHL. In fact, one of the things that each team will have going for in the next round (regardless of who wins) is that they will likely be better in goal (neither team can play Buffalo next). Does that mean the Habs will win Game 6 on Price and his goaltending? Hardly--he can have an off night or he could be on his game and get outdueled by Tim Thomas. Lots of things can happen. But 0-8 at home in his last 8? Hope that works out as his last 0-8 streak did. :)
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Bingo. Price is not tough mentally like he is physically. He seems to play apprehensive at times. The mental part of the game is the most challenging. Until he sorts out this aspect he will not become a great goalie.

[QUOTE]I think Price COULD be a great goalie on a different team, but he's dealt with a ton of crap up there.  I DO NOT agree that he is one of the leagues better goalies today.  NOT AT ALL!  If stats dont mean anything than what, pray tell, are we going by here?  Price has only had ONE winning season, his rookie year when he played 41 games and went 24-18.  He is 98-112 overall.  His playoff stats in general are horrible.  He is full of talent but like Ive said for years, he seems to be a headcase.  He doesnt seem mentally tough to me.  And the Habs fans beat him up when he isnt playing well so that doesnt help.  Its like the fans expect him to do everything, kind of like the Boston fans here on Thomas, except Thomas has far better career stats than Price.....but we arent going by stats, right?  Price was KEY for them in making the playoffs this year, but you can only ride him so much.  If he had a good supporting cast instead of average, I think the Canadiens would have been better than a lot of teams this year.  But that isnt the case.
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

For me that 0-7 record is just more motivation for Price.  Maybe it's helpful if we score a couple early goals and he starts to let his confidence be affected.  I think it's more likely that he comes in with a great deal of confidence coming off a terrific game 5 determined to put this losing streak to an end.  I only hope that TT can also build off his last performance, if so it will probably be the nail biter many of us are expecting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Price has the ability to stonewall the Bruins in any game despite the 0-7 home playoff record.  Sure, that stat is something to consider and the numbers don't lie but all that matters to me is the final score tomorrow night in the Bruins' favour.