Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games

You don't get it. Price is fighting this thing mentally. It is eating away at him. He is all show and no BOAT!

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games:
    For me that 0-7 record is just more motivation for Price.  Maybe it's helpful if we score a couple early goals and he starts to let his confidence be affected.  I think it's more likely that he comes in with a great deal of confidence coming off a terrific game 5 determined to put this losing streak to an end.  I only hope that TT can also build off his last performance, if so it will probably be the nail biter many of us are expecting.
    Posted by RickyHussle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Really well what planet are you living on? I have yet to see Price stonewall any team at home in Montreal. Stop smoking that aweful Indoesian junk that is going around....Surrender!

Price has the ability to stonewall the Bruins in any game despite the 0-7 home playoff record.  Sure, that stat is something to consider and the numbers don't lie but all that matters to me is the final score tomorrow night in the Bruins' favour. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Price has the ability to stonewall the Bruins in any game despite the 0-7 home playoff record.  Sure, that stat is something to consider and the numbers don't lie but all that matters to me is the final score tomorrow night in the Bruins' favour. 

Price also has the ability to lay a big fat egg, like he has done for his whole career basically.  I wouldnt be shocked if he had a shutout or gave up 7.  Fact is you NEVER know what youre going to get with him.  Thomas might have lost the first 2 games, but he had NO support on the backend.  Were the Canadiens as a team bad through the last 3 and the Bruins great?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Really well what planet are you living on? I have yet to see Price stonewall any team at home in Montreal. Stop smoking that aweful Indoesian junk that is going around....Surrender! In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games :
    Posted by Camperpete

Man, you need to relax.  Try Benefibre, bro.  I understand his home record and acknowledged it.  I said the numbers don't lie.  That said, he could play the Bruins tough at home.  I hope he gets shelled.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Price also has the ability to lay a big fat egg, like he has done for his whole career basically.  I wouldnt be shocked if he had a shutout or gave up 7.  Fact is you NEVER know what youre going to get with him.  Thomas might have lost the first 2 games, but he had NO support on the backend.  Were the Canadiens as a team bad through the last 3 and the Bruins great?
    Posted by bigvig

bigvig - True enough re letting in 7 or none.  I don't want him to repeat that 2-0 Game 1 form tomorrow in Montreal but you're right.  With him, it's a crapshoot and it could happen.  All I want is for his home playoff record to become 0-8. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Man, you need to relax.  Try Benefibre, bro.  I understand his home record and acknowledged it.  I said the numbers don't lie.  That said, he could play the Bruins tough at home.  I hope he gets shelled.   

RHO,it's a safe bet that Price is more likely to play great against Boston than he is to crap the bed.To assume otherwise would be silly.I'm just glad TT has the ability to outduel him(as evidenced by the last 2 games).Cheers to a shutout for TT next game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : RHO,it's a safe bet that Price is more likely to play great against Boston than he is to crap the bed.To assume otherwise would be silly.I'm just glad TT has the ability to outduel him(as evidenced by the last 2 games).Cheers to a shutout for TT next game.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez - May all the valid points raised earlier (i.e., Price is not mentally tough enough, his poor home playoff record, the huge pressure and expectations of playing what could be the deciding game at home, that the Habs have lost 3 straight, the uncertainty of his performance) all materialize tomorrow night in the Bruins' favour.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

If Price is such a great goalie, why was he not a finalist for the Vezina trophy? He has all hat and no cowboy when it comes to crunch time.  In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games :
    Posted by Camperpete

Here's the answer: because there are THREE Vezina finalists. There are 30 starting goaltenders in the NHL. And while I don't think Price can complain (and he hasn't) about not being a Vezina finalist due to the quality of 3 guys who did get the nod, my statement was that "he's one of the better goaltenders in the NHL". And he is.

Was Game 5 (a 2-2 series, in Boston) not "crunch time, then?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Dez - May all the valid points raised earlier (i.e., Price is not mentally tough enough, his poor home playoff record, the huge pressure and expectations of playing what could be the deciding game at home, that the Habs have lost 3 straight, the uncertainty of his performance) all materialize tomorrow night in the Bruins' favour.

I like where your head is at RHO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : I like where your head is at RHO.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Bro, we want Price to be at his first shot goes in, jeer every routine save, fights the puck all night best tomorrow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Remember the 2-0 Game 1 win was in Boston. Price fights this mental battle at home in the playoffs. The pressure combined with his lack of confidence at home spells trouble for the Habs in Game 6.

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : bigvig - True enough re letting in 7 or none.  I don't want him to repeat that 2-0 Game 1 form tomorrow in Montreal but you're right.  With him, it's a crapshoot and it could happen.  All I want is for his home playoff record to become 0-8. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

I would be shocked if Price gets a shut-out in Game 6 at home. He has demonstrated squat that when playing at home in the playoffs his game is not as strong mentally as on the road.

I have a feeling Lucic finally scores tonight and the PP finally connects. B's in six.
    In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Price also has the ability to lay a big fat egg, like he has done for his whole career basically.  I wouldnt be shocked if he had a shutout or gave up 7.  Fact is you NEVER know what youre going to get with him.  Thomas might have lost the first 2 games, but he had NO support on the backend.  Were the Canadiens as a team bad through the last 3 and the Bruins great?
    Posted by bigvig

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

tonight is the night for the pp to get started, and carry the bruins forward. multiple goals, can you feel it? GO B'S

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Yes I feel it.  Go Bruins!

tonight is the night for the pp to get started, and carry the bruins forward. multiple goals, can you feel it? GO B'S
    Posted by adkbeesfan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I hate having to beat someone when they are 0 and something..
    Posted by kelvana33

Excellent point kelvana, the law of averages suggests he has to win a playoff game at home sooner or later. I just hope it's not this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Yes and the law of averages says that the Bruins connect at 16% of their Power Play chances. Since they are currently 0-15 for the series, they will score a couple of power play goals tonight. This coupled with Lucic scoring the B's are 22-2 equals a loss for the Habs tonight.

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Excellent point kelvana, the law of averages suggests he has to win a playoff game at home sooner or later. I just hope it's not this year.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Yes and the law of averages says that the Bruins connect at 16% of their Power Play chances. Since they are currently 0-15 for the series, they will score a couple of power play goals tonight. This coupled with Lucic scoring the B's are 22-2 equals a loss for the Habs tonight. In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games :
    Posted by Camperpete

I will not argue with that point of view. It is just a matter of which scenario happens first. Hopefully it's the one you say with the powerplay connecting & Lucic finally scoring which means us celebrating a series victory!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Tonight probably wasn't "crunch time" either, right Camperpete?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Tonight probably wasn't "crunch time" either, right Camperpete?
    Posted by Kennedy97

Just be happy with the gift wrapped two 5 on 3s unheard expecialy in the playoffs

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Yes and the law of averages says that the Bruins connect at 16% of their Power Play chances. Since they are currently 0-15 for the series, they will score a couple of power play goals tonight. This coupled with Lucic scoring the B's are 22-2 equals a loss for the Habs tonight. In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games :
    Posted by Camperpete

I beg to differ on your law of averages of the Bruins scoring on the powerplay. This might be the worst powerplay in league history. I don't think I have seen anything this bad!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Just be happy with the gift wrapped two 5 on 3s unheard expecialy in the playoffs
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Wrong.

1st 5x3:
    -Too many men called when the Bruins had 6 men on the ice, and McQuaid touched the puck. Sucks, but that's the rule. THEN a slash that broke the Canadiens player's stick was called. Again...sucks, but that is the rule as well. Neither call was marginal.

2nd 5x3
    -Lucic unfairly kicked out of the game...what he should have received is debatable, but for sake of argument, let's say he deserves 2 mins. The "puck over glass" call is one of the rules I hate the most in the NHL, but is unarguable. Gionta scored less than 2 minutes into the Lucic penalty, so regardless of whether he gets a major or not, it's still a 5x3 and MTL still scores. Again, neither call was marginal.....unless you think Lucic hit deserved no penalty at all. And nobody is that silly.

The Habs, I remind you, lost an actual goal in the 1st period on a terrible call.

Officials were poor tonight: both ways. They weren't why Boston lost. One goal for and a brutal PP was why Boston lost.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Wrong. 1st 5x3: -Too many men called when the Bruins had 6 men on the ice, and McQuaid touched the puck. Sucks, but that's the rule. THEN a slash that broke the Canadiens player's stick was called. Again...sucks, but that is the rule as well. Neither call was marginal. 2nd 5x3 -Lucic unfairly kicked out of the game...what he should have received is debatable, but for sake of argument, let's say he deserves 2 mins. The "puck over glass" call is one of the rules I hate the most in the NHL, but is unarguable. Gionta scored less than 2 minutes into the Lucic penalty, so regardless of whether he gets a major or not, it's still a 5x3 and MTL still scores. Again, neither call was marginal.....unless you think Lucic hit deserved no penalty at all. And nobody is that silly. The Habs, I remind you, lost an actual goal in the 1st period on a terrible call. Officials were poor tonight: both ways. They weren't why Boston lost. One goal for and a brutal PP was why Boston lost.
    Posted by Kennedy97

You forgot about the phantom goalie interference call on Bergeron that negated a Bruins powerplay! Price wasn't even touched!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

that worked out well... both goalies played well

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Fine take away the two 5 on 3 and price dive and to many other bogus penalties to name here you have no goals. Count the one that should have counted you have one. I would have been fine with that. I just hate this refs tainting a game 6 and putting a dark cloud over this series. I can handle loseing fair and square but when you put in the horrid officiating as well as the habs up to their old diving antics leaves a sour taste in my mouth. How long was moen off the ice? Miraculas recovery?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Carey Price has 0-7 record in last 7 home playoff games : Wrong. 1st 5x3: -Too many men called when the Bruins had 6 men on the ice, and McQuaid touched the puck. Sucks, but that's the rule. THEN a slash that broke the Canadiens player's stick was called. Again...sucks, but that is the rule as well. Neither call was marginal. 2nd 5x3 -Lucic unfairly kicked out of the game...what he should have received is debatable, but for sake of argument, let's say he deserves 2 mins. The "puck over glass" call is one of the rules I hate the most in the NHL, but is unarguable. Gionta scored less than 2 minutes into the Lucic penalty, so regardless of whether he gets a major or not, it's still a 5x3 and MTL still scores. Again, neither call was marginal.....unless you think Lucic hit deserved no penalty at all. And nobody is that silly. The Habs, I remind you, lost an actual goal in the 1st period on a terrible call. Officials were poor tonight: both ways. They weren't why Boston lost. One goal for and a brutal PP was why Boston lost.
    Posted by Kennedy97

When did the Habs lose "an actual goal"? You knew watching at home that it clearly wouldn't count as the whistle blew the play dead well before Gionta tapped it in. TT heard the whistle too so why would he keep searching for the puck after the play is dead?

Sections
Shortcuts