Carol Vadnais died

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Carol Vadnais died

Wow.  I'm surprised he was 68, didn't realize he was that old - because time kinda flies by and it took me a bit to realize the math since it was 83 since he last played, didn't seem like all that long ago.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729349" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729349

www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Former+defenceman+Carol+Vadnais+dies/10164500/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Carol Vadnais died

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow.  I'm surprised he was 68, didn't realize he was that old - because time kinda flies by and it took me a bit to realize the math since it was 83 since he last played, didn't seem like all that long ago.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729349" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729349" rel="nofollow">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729349

www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Former+defenceman+Carol+Vadnais+dies/10164500/story.html

[/QUOTE]

68 isn't really that old,if you take into consideration that retirement for most is 65 yrs old, he dies rather young.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Well, yah, that's really what I meant.  Darn.  I hope I can get a few more years than that after I retire.  I'm 55 now.  Shocking that players I watched when I was younger are starting to go from cancer and heart attacks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, yah, that's really what I meant.  Darn.  I hope I can get a few more years than that after I retire.  I'm 55 now.  Shocking that players I watched when I was younger are starting to go from cancer and heart attacks.

[/QUOTE]

Trust me Badhab! You just never know when death comes knocking on your door. My wife was into physical fitness & ate healthy, never smoked & drank maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Woke up beside her one morning & she didn't. She was 44. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Carol Vadnais death is a bit a shocker. 68 is a bit early. Rescued from the California Golden Seals if I remember correctly. 

Nite, more shocking was your revelation. Live life to its fullest. 

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

Trust me Badhab! You just never know when death comes knocking on your door. My wife was into physical fitness & ate healthy, never smoked & drank maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Woke up beside her one morning & she didn't. She was 44. 

[/QUOTE]

Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

One of my first hockey cards as a kid was Vadnais as a Golden Seal wearing white skates.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats heartbreaking, Neely.

I'm sorry that happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One of my first hockey cards as a kid was Vadnais as a Golden Seal wearing white skates.

[/QUOTE]

I had that card too! I used to trade my dupes to stock up on GOlden Seal player cards because I thought the uniform colors and the mascot name were just weird..

NeelyOrr, so sorry about your loss.  I can't even begin to imagine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Good God, nite! How bloody awful for you. Waaaay too young. Your a good guy and this thing should never happen. You have my deepest condolences my friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Claudorr. Show Claudorr's posts

Good and honest player. A team guy. Life is not fair...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm stunned.  What did she die of?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I had that card too! I used to trade my dupes to stock up on GOlden Seal player cards because I thought the uniform colors and the mascot name were just weird..

NeelyOrr, so sorry about your loss.  I can't even begin to imagine.

[/QUOTE]

Let me echo that sentiment.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Meningioma. Which is rarely fatal. Strangest thing is that she was a nurse. Worked around some of the best Dr's in Calgary, but she showed no signs of anything. These small tumors in her brain just kept eating away & showed nothing until she died. She hardly had to take an advil. She was so fit & looked so healthy. I'm not preaching when I say God had other plans for her. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It comes to us all, but, Nite, that is way too young. All us imaginary friends are saddened knowing you had to endure something so awful.

I liked Vadnais. You know you're getting up there when you realize he retired 31 years ago.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gaaucoin. Show gaaucoin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Meningioma. Which is rarely fatal. Strangest thing is that she was a nurse. Worked around some of the best Dr's in Calgary, but she showed no signs of anything. These small tumors in her brain just kept eating away & showed nothing until she died. She hardly had to take an advil. She was so fit & looked so healthy. I'm not preaching when I say God had other plans for her. 

[/QUOTE]

The Greeks say "God takes them early to save them from something worse."  Next question, "What could be worse?"
    Answer..."We don't know, but it's gotta be awful."   May her memory be eternal!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Brings to mind the 5th wheel in that trade that sent CV to the NYR.