Caron and Smith

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Caron and Smith

Im very pleased with both players. I actually thought Smith looked pretty good in preseason and had a chance to make the team. But I honestly thought they would stick with Soderberg and Caron. It appears Caron got the nod because Soderberg got hurt. And he is making the best of it. Good for him. He's actually skating and looking engaged and making the most of his ice time, which I didnt see in preseason at all. I sure hope Smith sticks and keeps playing solid hockey. He plays the B's system really well and doesnt look out of place out there. In the first couple seasons, Caron's play was more about not making mistakes, which made him look out of place and lost. I dont see that in Smith, no hesitation to play offense and still responsible on the defensive end. Anyway, Id like to see them keep going, but its a long season. So far so good.....I know its early, but Im pleased with the compete level.

And Hamilton.......Looked awful in preseason, but has been decent in two games. Good for him too. I definitely thought Bart look like the 6 man. Nice to know we have the depth. We'll need it eventually.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Caron and Smith

Kelly's line has been solid, and Caron is playing the way the Bruins expected when they picked him. So, what to do with Soderberg ? Also, except for his speed, Ericcson has been less than expected. Perhaps switching Iginla and Ericsson will help both lines. Krug has played better than I thought, so, maybe Bartkowski will replace McQ or Boychuck. Chara is awesome on the PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Erikkson is in a feeling out process. I still think he is the right choice, but yes, he looks a little apprehensive getting into the offesive flow, because he is focusing on defense. I think he'll be fine and will bounce out of it. Bergy and Marchy can carry him until he gets going. Ive seen the same sort of play from Iggy in the first two games. Although Iggy has been more engaged. We all know what he brings to the table, so Im not worried. They'll both come around. Im also fine with Soderberg sitting until someone starts to falter or needs some rest. Im just not a fan of Soderberg for some reason. Kind of the same feeling I had about Seguin. Never a big fan, because his game never really improved. Until Soderberg does something for me to change my mind, Im fine with him sitting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes the "?" third line is playing very well. Could't ask for more out of the youngins, they are working hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

For me these 2 are easily the most pleasant surprises early in the year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What's interesting is the dreaded "bleacher report" is providing more Bruins info than the Globe with all it's latest restrictions and lack of informative writers, although the two ladies are certainly bettter than Fluto and KPD. Just read an article about Bartkowski that hasn't seen the globe's presentations.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to switch the focus of the thread here, but while I agree with bogie about Blech Report, I have a hard time ripping the Globe for taking away my free content from paid writers.  Too many ink stained wretch friends.  What does stink, though, is that the freaking home page isn't updated, so I can't even look at what content I could get if I paid my $2.99 a month or whatever it would be.  That's the height of dumb.  Am I going to pay for content sight unseen?

I would, for example, enjoy an article on the subject of what looked like some pretty good chemistry between the two 22 yr olds.  Never underestimate what a difference that synched age thing can make for a couple of young players.

The third line thing: I wrote a few times last year that the big thing wasn't so much that they didn't score but that they didn't defend very well either.  So many of the goals against the Bruins happened with Kelly's line on the ice...or Campbell's.  This year, the Kelly line is +2 (+3 if Caron's first one counted), and, if you take away the PP, that's as good as any line on the team right now.  Campbell's line, though?  Bruins have two goals against and Filpulla's goal in the TBag game was against the Campbell line.  That can't continue.  (I'm responding to bogie, after all...)

Are you not entertained?!?!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I love what I have seen out of these two.  I am going to beat an old tired drum, but I think it is appropriate here.  For me right now, a healthy Soderberg should be contending for ST's spot.  If Caron or Smith slow down and you want the veteran presence back in then Thornton can come save the day ala the Stanley Cup Playoffs 2011.  This team could improve it's depth greatly if Soderberg could do the things a fourth liner needs to.  I believe he would be successful.  I think if he played as well as he is able it would increase competition in the bottom six for minutes and that would be great motivation on a team that is not necesarily in need.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thanks Book, I too would pay a reasonable fee to read good sports reporting, but the Globe is failing in presenting coverage of  the Red Sox , although Abraham does try. Neither PLuto or Kpd have any critical objectivity and should be highlighting the continued play of Thornton. He does give his all, but there are at least 5 younger players who bring more to the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"He does give his all, but there are at least 5 younger players who bring more to the game."

Blaspheme the Bs tried desperately to try n work in Begin, Whitfield, Pandolfo and Daugvins.

Sections
Shortcuts