Caron looks to be the answer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zebep57. Show zebep57's posts

Re: Caron looks to be the answer

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Well lets see Caron....against......A real defense...not the Flyers.

Bingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Caron looked exactly the same in his first few games last year. Plus, this was Philly, and Philly is a terrible hockey team right now.

Go with a rotation for the foreseeable future. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Go easy on NAS he's got a date w/ a "chick" tonight.

ugh what did I miss while I was in Boston ?

Just poking a little fun at NAS w/ what he wrote in yesterday's Philly gm thread. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

See above post to find out what a Stanley Cup winning coach of the year thought of Caron and the 3rd line in today's game. After that you'll see that people who know hockey see much more in a game than someone like yourself who probably just saw bits and pieces of a highlight reel. Thanks for your input. Useless but entertaining I guess.

I'll have you know I watched the entire game as I do most B's games and others...so don't give me the superiority judgement crap...you have opinions as do I...I am actually glad not to agree with a simpleton like you who believes you can't be a fan of more than one major sport at the same time...that's ok though it makes you think you know hockey better than others...at least in your own mind.

I also read Julian's comments, but he also said that Peverley and Kelly played better which makes all the difference. Was it because of Caron that the 4th line played well and scored a goal also??

Excuse me if I don't anoint the kid 'the answer' just yet, I'll go on my own judgements until he proves me wrong...which I hope he does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

See above post to find out what a Stanley Cup winning coach of the year thought of Caron and the 3rd line in today's game. After that you'll see that people who know hockey see much more in a game than someone like yourself who probably just saw bits and pieces of a highlight reel. Thanks for your input. Useless but entertaining I guess.

I'll have you know I watched the entire game as I do most B's games and others...so don't give me the superiority judgement crap...you have opinions as do I...I am actually glad not to agree with a simpleton like you who believes you can't be a fan of more than one major sport at the same time...that's ok though it makes you think you know hockey better than others...at least in your own mind.

I also read Julian's comments, but he also said that Peverley and Kelly played better which makes all the difference. Was it because of Caron that the 4th line played well and scored a goal also??

Excuse me if I don't anoint the kid 'the answer' just yet, I'll go on my own judgements until he proves me wrong...which I hope he does.

Writng, "blah, blah, blah" would've been easier for all involved.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I guess you just have to walk a fine line with NAS and be a realist. Too much optimism, and he'll quickly tell you to pump the brakes. Too much pessimism, he'll stomp his feet and start a post as to how this place is headed down the tubes.

Caron has played 14 minutes of NHL hockey this year.  I say let's wait a little while longer before he "looks to be the answer". 

If Chris Bourque had the same exact game as Caron did, his play with Kelly would be a footnote on threads dedicated to his icing of the puck.

It all perception on TV and spin here.  Some will champion Caron's ever play while others will burn him for each mistake.  At the end of the game, if the B's win, that's all that really matters.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Of that 14 minutes I believe I saw a more 'polished' more professional player than Bourque.

Bourque seemed to be always running around.  I didn't like the way Bourque handled the puck.

Caron seems more confident and purposeful.  One person commented that he was 'ho hum' - 'ho hum' for a thrid line guy up from Providence is just fine.

I'm excited by Caron, I'll admit it.  Is it too soon?  Maybe yes, maybe no.

Isn't part of being a fan - to love guys or hate guys for no really good reason?

Matt Cooke might be a great guy, we might be best buddies and share an orange soda pop without wiping off the bottle (the sign of true friendship), but I hate the guy.  You might not, but I hate him.  If he were to become a quadraplegic in a car crash that would be fine with me.

I'm excited to have Caron on the third line in a 'welcome aboard the ship' kind of way.   If he turns in the rest of the season like he did against the Flyers then I might call myself a fan of his.

The kid deserves a pat on the back for a game well played.

He's earned my support.  I'm rooting for him.  Bourque didn't do that for me.

Unfair?  Don't know and don't care, it's my world.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Writing I'm talking to a moron would have definitely been easier for me...time to stop wasting my time with simpletons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Writing I'm talking to a moron would have definitely been easier for me...time to stop wasting my time with simpletons.

You'll need to avoid mirrors at all costs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If Chris Bourque had the same exact game as Caron did, his play with Kelly would be a footnote on threads dedicated to his icing of the puck.

I'm not sticking up for Bourque but I agree if it were Bourque assisting on a Kelly goal there wouldn't have been a thread dedicated to his play.

I recall some of Caron's first games he had a knack for getting at the right place for a scoring chance and did well defensively . That part of his game slipped away as time went on. This time around I'm hoping he can show more consistency.

I don't like to compare what he was doing in the AHL as he wasn't on a great line , with better players I sure hope he takes advanatge and shows Julien what he can do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Caron is the answer, if the question is - who's better Caron, Bourque, or Pandolfo ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Caron is the answer, if the question is - who's better Caron, Bourque, or Pandolfo ?

with one game Caron cannot be crowned the winner although I would remove Pandolfo from this equation.  He's just a plugger for maybe the 4th line and that's if he replaces Thornton only.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the only weakness on the team thus far as been the 3rd line.

Depth is also an issue, except no one been injured yet so it hasn't been a problem.

As they are now they are certainly going deep into the playoffs.

If Caron can keep it up, if they pick up some serviceable guys at the trade deadline, I see a deep playoff run with no problem.

If Caron can keep it up and if they pick up good players at the trade deadline I can see them getting into the finals.

If Caron can keep it up and they pick up one of the real prizes at the trade deadline I think they become favorites for the cup (insert one of those marquee guys who might be on the block at the trade deadline).

I don't want to hear about Chicago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Admit wrong on this one. Didn't originally agree with all those wanting to bring up Caron. Guess I was hoping to see another Bourque rise up in Boston. As most have stated -- it's too early to crown him "the answer". His game was pretty impressive. Besides the obvious -- The kid showed some nifty foot skills as well -- recovering the puck in the corners when it looked like he overskated and lost possession a couple of times.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Caron has played 14 minutes of NHL hockey this year.  I say let's wait a little while longer before he "looks to be the answer". 

It all perception on TV and spin here.  Some will champion Caron's ever play while others will burn him for each mistake.  At the end of the game, if the B's win, that's all that really matters.

Right, and I think we both agree that Caron's ceiling isn't high, and that he's a career 3rd liner at best (which is fine). And even though I'm not very high on him, he has played 72 games in the NHL and has 23 points. Not great, but not bad for a guy who just turned 22 years old. Seguin had 22 points in 70 games as a rookie. Yesterday was his first game in the NHL in almost a year. At the same point in his life, Marchand was still struggling to score his first NHL goal. So I'm not going to say that he can't be an NHL player, I just don't think he'll ever be a really good one. I point out those parallels based on overall production at their ages, but you could see potential in Seguin and Marchand's game. They both had speed, and overall skill with the puck. There were many times when I saw Marchand playing in his first 20 games (where he went without a goal) that I said to myself "man, he almost just made an amazing play", but he just missed. Well, over time, he started figuring out ways to complete those plays. But I've yet to see that with Caron. I'm fine with him playing with Kelly, because frankly, that's the type of player he should try to become if he wants to stick in the NHL.

The reason I called you out, though, is because you started a post the other day saying you were tired of all the negativity. Well, here we are, in a post based on optimism, and you're shooting it down. This isn't the first time where somebody got excited about someone or something, and you shot them down (or attempted to, anyway). I probably don't even have to go back that far to find multiple examples of this. You could probably just look at posts of you mocking people for day-dreaming about trades that they're hoping for.

If you don't want people bickering, that's fine, but you need to reel in your knack for harping on people for getting excited.

If you want to continue harping on people, then that's fine, too. Just don't start posts saying that "this place sucks" based on overall negativity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Right, and I think we both agree that Caron's ceiling isn't high, and that he's a career 3rd liner at best (which is fine). And even though I'm not very high on him, he has played 72 games in the NHL and has 23 points. Not great, but not bad for a guy who just turned 22 years old. Seguin had 22 points in 70 games as a rookie. Yesterday was his first game in the NHL in almost a year. At the same point in his life, Marchand was still struggling to score his first NHL goal. So I'm not going to say that he can't be an NHL player, I just don't think he'll ever be a really good one. I point out those parallels based on overall production at their ages, but you could see potential in Seguin and Marchand's game. They both had speed, and overall skill with the puck. There were many times when I saw Marchand playing in his first 20 games (where he went without a goal) that I said to myself "man, he almost just made an amazing play", but he just missed. Well, over time, he started figuring out ways to complete those plays. But I've yet to see that with Caron. I'm fine with him playing with Kelly, because frankly, that's the type of player he should try to become if he wants to stick in the NHL.

The reason I called you out, though, is because you started a post the other day saying you were tired of all the negativity. Well, here we are, in a post based on optimism, and you're shooting it down. This isn't the first time where somebody got excited about someone or something, and you shot them down (or attempted to, anyway). I probably don't even have to go back that far to find multiple examples of this. You could probably just look at posts of you mocking people for day-dreaming about trades that they're hoping for.

If you don't want people bickering, that's fine, but you need to reel in your knack for harping on people for getting excited.

If you want to continue harping on people, then that's fine, too. Just don't start posts saying that "this place sucks" based on overall negativity.

You have better scouting abilities than I do.  I thought Marchand was a turnover machine in his first year.  I saw him either try to make a pass when there was no one to pass to or try to hold onto the puck and get knocked off of it.  I couldn't believe how much he had improved when he came back the next season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

the kid been out with injuries give it time ,and seethat  scare inder his eye mean lookin

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

the kid been out with injuries give it time ,and seethat  scare inder his eye mean lookin

LOL, what does this mean?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

In response to bruinsfan084evr's comment:

LOL, what does this mean?

If these boards ever allow sig lines again, this one should be it!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

What's ironic about what I wrote?

I don't see the irony, but I do hear where you're coming from. It was a much better result on the 3rd line... in ONE game. I'm happy about that, but there is no need to make a "an answer" thread after one game. Unless the question is, "Who was inserted into the lineup for one game and had a good result on the 3rd line?"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

See that scar under his eye? It's mean looking?

Was that what you meant?

It's arguable that Kelly and Peverley played better because they had Caron to compliment them. It is also arguable that Caron had a decent game because Kelly and Peverley played well. Chicken or the egg? No one can say for sure. Let's just roll with the wins and enjoy it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Dez blows you out of the water in hockey knowledge. It's not just in his own mind! It's in a lot of others on here as well. Now since you have a dog as your avatar, how about you go away off in the corner & lick your nuts like a good doggie. Goood Boyyyyy!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

See that scar under his eye? It's mean looking?

Was that what you meant?

It's arguable that Kelly and Peverley played better because they had Caron to compliment them. It is also arguable that Caron had a decent game because Kelly and Peverley played well. Chicken or the egg? No one can say for sure. Let's just roll with the wins and enjoy it.

Now that you say it, that's probably what he meant.  I had no idea what he was saying before you wrote it.  It's funny what a few missing letters will do to a sentence.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Dez blows you out of the water in hockey knowledge. It's not just in his own mind! It's in a lot of others on here as well. Now since you have a dog as your avatar, how about you go away off in the corner & lick your nuts like a good doggie. Goood Boyyyyy!!

I have to second this, Dez knows his stuff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

You could also possibly attribute their performance to CJ calling them out in the media. With Bourque gone as an excuse they really needed to step up, and they did. Let's see if they have a repeat performance tonight.