Caron looks to be the answer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Caron looks to be the answer

Kelly and Peverley also played in Florida recently and saw exactly what's it is like to play in a terrible hockey market.  The trade deadline is coming up.  Want to be a Bruin?  Be a Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Kelly and Peverley also played in Florida recently and saw exactly what's it is like to play in a terrible hockey market.  The trade deadline is coming up.  Want to be a Bruin?  Be a Bruin.

LOL! Ya know you maybe on to something NAS.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

What's ironic about what I wrote?

I don't see the irony, but I do hear where you're coming from. It was a much better result on the 3rd line... in ONE game. I'm happy about that, but there is no need to make a "an answer" thread after one game. Unless the question is, "Who was inserted into the lineup for one game and had a good result on the 3rd line?"

The irony was in reference to another thread altogether. I also understand there's no need to ramp up expectations just because of 1 game. That said, it was indeed nice to see Caron and the whole 3rd game have a good 2 way game. I've always felt that he'd be a better 3rd line fit than Bourque regardless of his lack of production in Prov and I was just glad to be right (if even for just 1 game). Obviously, it will be huge if the Bruins can solve the 3rd line woes without going outside of the organization for help. It would give PC the flexibility to focus on improving the back end of the D. Hopefully cash will also work to motivate Caron since his NHL pay is 13.3333 times higher than his AHL cheques. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I am satisfied with his second game performance, plus minus at zero and registered one hit - that's fine.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

The irony was in reference to another thread altogether. I also understand there's no need to ramp up expectations just because of 1 game. That said, it was indeed nice to see Caron and the whole 3rd game have a good 2 way game. I've always felt that he'd be a better 3rd line fit than Bourque regardless of his lack of production in Prov and I was just glad to be right (if even for just 1 game). Obviously, it will be huge if the Bruins can solve the 3rd line woes without going outside of the organization for help. It would give PC the flexibility to focus on improving the back end of the D. Hopefully cash will also work to motivate Caron since his NHL pay is 13.3333 times higher than his AHL cheques. 

[/QUOTE]

I personally like Caron's game when he plays it. Big, not-intimdated, flashes of skill. He is a much better fit for Kelly and Peverley than Bourque. Caron is definitely a much better complementary talent to that line, whereas Bourque was.. well.. a AAAA player in their same mold but smaller. I was happy at the resulting stability and hope he keeps it up (had a "meh" game tonight imo). My point was.. no need to go put a lounge chair down on the parade route after 1, 2, 3 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I personally like Caron's game when he plays it. Big, not-intimdated, flashes of skill. He is a much better fit for Kelly and Peverley than Bourque. Caron is definitely a much better complementary talent to that line, whereas Bourque was.. well.. a AAAA player in their same mold but smaller. I was happy at the resulting stability and hope he keeps it up (had a "meh" game tonight imo). My point was.. no need to go put a lounge chair down on the parade route after 1, 2, 3 games.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like we're basically in agreement regarding Caron.  17-3-3 Wow! Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

'meh' is fine by me.  2 games only, true, but he has looked like an NHL player.  I am not expecting a 1st or 2nd line player, but a workman 3rd liner who looks professional.

Bourque looked like an AHL player every game to me, I saw no flashes of skill in him and he certainly wasn't that big.

'meh' is much better than

"o my god, why did he even attempt to make that pass?  He reminds me of myself in my pickup games..."  

'meh' is much better than that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I thought Caron had a poor game.  Early in the game when everyone sucked, I felt Caron sucked most.

With that said I weigh it no more then the first game which he played well.  This showed why we might need until the deadline to see if Caron can get into a groove.  It sure would be helpful if we have to replace Kelly. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

I thought Caron had a poor game.  Early in the game when everyone sucked, I felt Caron sucked most.

With that said I weigh it no more then the first game which he played well.  This showed why we might need until the deadline to see if Caron can get into a groove.  It sure would be helpful if we have to replace Kelly. 

Be careful Ricky, questioning the performance of Caron, which doesn't align with certain privileged posters here, will get you chastised and told to go away. 

Caron is the answer, just repeat it until you get it etched in your head! I think if you assist on a goal you earn automatic NHL credentials. But based my minimal knowledge of hockey, assumed because some of us also follow other Boston sports teams, means incapability to recognize that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

Be careful Ricky, questioning the performance of Caron, which doesn't align with certain privileged posters here, will get you chastised and told to go away. 

Caron is the answer, just repeat it until you get it etched in your head! I think if you assist on a goal you earn automatic NHL credentials. But based my minimal knowledge of hockey, assumed because some of us also follow other Boston sports teams, means incapability to recognize that.

Posting junk like that will also earn you the same treatment.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to RickyHussle's comment:

Ricky's comment was reasonable, so what are you ficken talking about?  No one has said he's the second coming.  He's better than Bourque and that's all he is right now.  That's my expectation and I think the expectation of anyone reasonable.  Bourque - 18 games 1 g 3 assists with that one goal a gwg.  Caron 2 games 1 assist.

career -

Chris Bourque - 51 2 6

Jordan Caron - 73 10 13

Caron, more games than Bourque, more goals, more assists.

Could he tank tomorrow?  Abso ficken lutely.  No one reasonable would say otherwise.

Can you show me someone on this thread saying otherwise?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Ricky's comment was reasonable, so what are you ficken talking about?  No one has said he's the second coming.  He's better than Bourque and that's all he is right now.  That's my expectation and I think the expectation of anyone reasonable.  Bourque - 18 games 1 g 3 assists with that one goal a gwg.  Caron 2 games 1 assist.

career -

Chris Bourque - 51 2 6

Jordan Caron - 73 10 13

Caron, more games than Bourque, more goals, more assists.

Could he tank tomorrow?  Abso ficken lutely.  No one reasonable would say otherwise.

Can you show me someone on this thread saying otherwise?

There are certain people who post here that question opinions of others and try to act superior, and then others try to entitle same poster further by inferring he is a hockey savant!

Look my point is I respect his opinions and all others here, but I have the right to disagree and provide an alternative opinion...just because my avatar does not have a hockey picture associated with it does not mean I am not following the game as much as everyone else.

Rather than defending this nitwit, posters should be defending freedom of speech on these message boards. PERIOD.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Look my point is I respect his opinions and all others here, but I have the right to disagree and provide an alternative opinion...just because my avatar does not have a hockey picture associated with it does not mean I am not following the game as much as everyone else.

Rather than defending this nitwit, posters should be defending freedom of speech on these message boards. PERIOD.

Red ignore this statement..

Sox.....Do you squat to pee? You realize you sound like a pathetic little girl at a playground when she got knocked off the swingset. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Sox.....Do you squat to pee? You realize you sound like a pathetic little girl at a playground when she got knocked off the swingset.

IGNORED!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Soxdog, you stated your opinion, which is fine, and someone debated it with you. What did you expect? Forums are for debate.

I think the real question shouldn't be is Caron the answer. The real question should be is Caron a better answer than Bourque. I would have to argue that yes he is better than Bourque. The third line looks more organized with Caron on the ice. Bourque and Peverley seem to be too similar in playing style, hold and control the puck to make the play, to fit well together.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Soxdog, you stated your opinion, which is fine, and someone debated it with you. What did you expect? Forums are for debate.

I think the real question shouldn't be is Caron the answer. The real question should be is Caron a better answer than Bourque. I would have to argue that yes he is better than Bourque. The third line looks more organized with Caron on the ice. Bourque and Peverley seem to be too similar in playing style, hold and control the puck to make the play, to fit well together.

He didn't like being told that Dez had more hockey knowledge then him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to lambda13's comment:

He didn't like being told that Dez had more hockey knowledge then him. 

I have a nephew in elementary school who knows far more about hockey than Soxdog and he's only 10 years old. My nephew is also less of a baby.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

SoxDog, don't worry about Dez, he's one of the finest human beings in the world.

I met him once and have it up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o5ron835Vc

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

To a certain degree I agree with Sox Dog. I have been here for Four years and some people treat others with dismissal rather then debate.  If you are hoping to dismiss then ignore.  If you want to debate, then debate.  Don't dismiss a person and accuse them of crying when they call you a fool.

I don't fully agree with the dog for two reasons in particular.

1.  If you isolate one person in here at a time to debate there style, to a man almost everyone stands up and will debate.  If this doesn't work then hit ignore.

2. To a certain degree the 'jerks' do actually keep away the annoying gnats.

(NAS, you still suck, jk)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In tonight's loss v Pens Caron w. 1 hit, even, no shots, it's still ok with me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He played?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

He played?

Yes, and better than Horton and Lucic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He played?

not being noticed in the game tonight is a good thing.

Separate the loss from Caron's performance.

Sections
Shortcuts