Caron Sent to Providence

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Caron Sent to Providence

Joe Haggerty 
    Jordan Caron just assigned with the AHL's Providence Bruins. No shock there.

Naoko Funayama 
    Jordan Caron has been assigned to Providence

Jimmy Murphy 
    Bruins assigning Caron to Providence clears more cap space. Sturm return and then trade near?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Re: Caron Sent to Providence

Dumb move!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Caron Sent to Providence:
    [QUOTE]Dumb move!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]
    Heaven forbid he gets 1st line ice until a deal is made.what a bunch of fools in management.TT for president!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Unfortunately when I read this I envision Ryder sitting on his couch eating junk food with a big smile. Ever since the reported Sturm trade Ryder has reverted back to his old game...let's hope this is not further encouragement for him to do less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Do you guys seriously think professional athletes act this way??? Sitting on a couch eating junk food thinking to himself..."wow, looks like its gonna be Sturm, I can pretty much coast the rest of the season because I'm Mr. Julien's favorite player, yes bye...I'm set for life!!"

Get a grip!!!  I expected more mature comments from you Tukka....I know you don't like Ryder but come on man...

I am not a big fan of Chara, well at least not Chara's salary, but I concede that he is a top tier athlete that takes his job seriously!!  I think all of the players in the entire NHL take teir jobs seriously...if they didn't, they wouldn't have made it this far!!! I think that is the problem on this message board, a lot of posters on here don't realize that its a job, some are just better at their job than others. Some call in sick, others lounge around at the water cooler and others fall asleep at their desk....oh well!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh NO!  Now the penalty kill is going to give up six a game!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

I can honestly say that I do not think that Sean Avery takes his job seriously

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Good move, the kid needs to play.  He'll learn a lot down there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Good - he needs the ice time

And I think Avery takes the game very seriously - if he didn't he would not have spent the time studying the rulebook and come up with what he did, legally at the time, to Brodeur. He just focuses his efforts in totally screwed up ways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Caron Sent to Providence:[QUOTE] Dumb move!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino[/QUOTE]

Yep development of a real good prospect whom needs time in the NHL but PC keeps overpaid lugs with no jam or consistent scoring touch in the lineup.

I have to support the move because it's better for Caron to play than to sit but I will not cheer for those two inconsistent unmotivated lugs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Good move, the kid needs to play .  He'll learn a lot down there.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

I agree he needs to play. This was a good move. What's their next move?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Caron was not being given ice time.  So the move to the AHL is fine in the interim, at least until Marco arrives.  I hope for a big trade in the next month knowing full well it will not, meaning Caron is in the AHL the rest of the year.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

No I don't really believe that pro athletes sit on the couch and eat junk food (except maybe Prince Fielder).  I do however think that Ryder is an incredibly skilled hockey player who at times appears to put forth effort and at other times appears to make none.  Through most of this season it really looked like Ryder was going to have one of the more consistent of his career, but over the last few games he has really appeared to be coasting. 

I don't dislike Ryder...for me he is just a hard player to watch..in the same way that its hard to watch any highly gifted athlete do less with his talent then you perceive he should (Rasheed Wallace comes to mind).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No surprise here.  Like many of you are saying it'll do him good game time he'll get instead of being a scratch.  
    Marchand has outplayed him for the time being.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

What can you do? Injuries or trades are bound to happen as the years goes by. He will come backup. Look for him to give providence some needed boost in terms of responsible play

Next year he has a spot no doubt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The kid is exempt from waivers.  And he hasn't played as well as those first few games since October.  It is what it is. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Good move, at least until they figure out what to do with Sturm, Paille and Ryder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It is a good move for Caron given the existing roster and Claude's proclivity towards rookies. Clears  anothe million Cap space allowing a Wheeler trade for anyone up to 3 mill

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Paille= useless. Why not send this guy down, and hope he gets claimed? As far as Caron, he plays well, and the demotion makes the Bruins smaller. Everyone wants too point to the Tampa game, and say he didn't play, they can't find a place for the kid. The fact is the Flyers game before, was the most well played game of the year.3-1 with a eng.It was also more indictive of how the team plays, on most nights. Caron was extremely strong. The Tampa game wasn't reality, first time in years too score so many goals in a game. I would much rather have Caron then Paille.  Sorry, imho this is a bad move, and I hope Caron is brought back up soon!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caron Sent to Providence : Heaven forbid he gets 1st line ice until a deal is made.what a bunch of fools in management.TT for president!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] Still sting, that all your arguments about T.T were wrong last year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I don't see ryder going anywhere, and I think too many fans are letting a hatred for ryder skew the view of his actual game.. Ryder is having a solid season, on pace for 23 goals and 58 points, still over paid??  Probably, but most of his criticism he is catching this season, has nothing to do with this season, it unfairly has to do with last seasons play.. If he had come in and put together 3 straight 55-60 point seasons there would be very little talk about his play.. He came here with a bit of a stigma attached after having landed himself in the dog house with a previous coach, and that plus last season are what most fans are looking at..  Ryder has actually looked like a more complete player this year, and is moving the puck better then he ever has in years passed..

Julien supposedly has a love affair with Ryder, this is the defense first coach who is stiffeling the offense, and the one dimensional offensive player who can't even score??  doesn't make a lot of sense to me..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Notacryingwino, the only argument I'd make in defense of sending young guys down for more ice and confidence is how well it's worked in the past with Krejci, Marchand, Boychuck and Rask. Playing in the A allowed them to find their games. There's two coaching philosophies. One play above your head and get better because the competitions tougher. Or two, the one I prefer, play with players who are at a similar place talent wise. It allows them to handle the puck more, get more creative and build confidence.
    I don't think this will be a long term move. A month in the AHL with a little success and he'll be back by February.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

[QUOTE]No surprise here.  Like many of you are saying it'll do him good game time he'll get instead of being a scratch.   Marchand has outplayed him for the time being.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Marchand has outplayed everyone -in terms of intensity- except maybe TT. IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

What's murphy talking about? What does this do for cap implications? Is the new plan to try and move someone else and keep sturm, because I wouldn't be against moving wheeler/paille, keeping sturm with Caron as the extra skater.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]The kid is exempt from waivers.  And he hasn't played as well as those first few games since October.  It is what it is. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Barely noticed him in the last couple of games, as compared to his first 3 or 4. Hopefully just a reminder that you have to work extra hard each day to stay up in the NHL. If he can't see what Recchi is doing, then he is not very observant.

Sections
Shortcuts