Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

Caron

Do the Bruins move Caron down to Providence when Savard is ready to come back later this week?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Caron

Caron and Marchand need ice time to develop so one of them should be sent down if Chiarelli is going to keep Paille. This is a tough one because Marchand is playing well and is good at being an agitator.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It would be nice to see Paille traded or sent down and both Caron and Marchand stay and play with the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Caron:
    [QUOTE]It would be nice to see Paille traded or sent down and both Caron and Marchand stay and play with the Bruins.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Get paille out of here. Nice guy but hands of stone and not  necessary on this team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

With Savard back (in no real organized order):

Savard-Krejčí-Bergeron-Campbell
    Horton-Ryder-Recchi-Thornton
    Seguin-Lucic-Wheeler-X

Unless you want to sit one of them, X can only be one of Marchand/Caron/Paille.  Right now, I'd go with Marchand, have Paille on the bench (until his probably inevitable removal), and let Caron go play in all situations in Providence.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]With Savard back (in no real organized order): Savard-Krejčí-Bergeron-Campbell Horton-Ryder-Recchi-Thornton Seguin-Lucic-Wheeler-X Unless you want to sit one of them, X can only be one of Marchand/Caron/Paille.  Right now, I'd go with Marchand, have Paille on the bench (until his probably inevitable removal), and let Caron go play in all situations in Providence.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Whack Paille/Ryder asap get Caron into the mix. He will develop faster in Bos I think than anywhere else. Shed the dead weight give the youngsters more responsibility now and let them grow and be ready for the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Caron:[QUOTE]With Savard back (in no real organized order): Savard-Krejčí-Bergeron-Campbell Horton-Ryder-Recchi-Thornton Seguin-Lucic-Wheeler-X Unless you want to sit one of them, X can only be one of Marchand/Caron/Paille.  Right now, I'd go with Marchand, have Paille on the bench (until his probably inevitable removal), and let Caron go play in all situations in Providence. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Inevitable is the right word and seems more likely because Caron doesn't need to go through waivers either. My thinking is Chiarelli has a fear of going through a string of injuries (the occasional slap shot off the foot 5 days out) like last year so he might just let Paille remain a healthy scratch for awhile unless a desperate team comes in that needs PK help n gives PC what he wants for Daniel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Caron is a keeper and the Bs need to keep him in the lineup, the last 2 losses without caron in the lineup was evident of how valuable he is.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Caron is a keeper and the Bs need to keep him in the lineup, the last 2 losses without caron in the lineup was evident of how valuable he is.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Correlation does not imply causation.

I think Caron is headed to Providence, along with Paille.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

the two young guys, marchand and caron having been playing well.  They both deserve to be in the lineup right now.  Paille has just been a liability out there.  Trade paille or send him down.  But boston needs to play tougher, they look lost like they are all waiting for savard to come back, and be the savior.  Why isn't lucic hitting and fighting any more.  Nobody his scared of boston anymore,  need to install fear in the opponents.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As matter of money Paille will go down to Providence.  Marchand is doing quite well but he does have his gaffes.  He will stay with the club anyway.  Caron is 19, he has held his own but he needs to gain more ice time and confidence.  I really think it is a mistake to bring back Savard at this point... wait a couple weeks.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Caron and Marchand need ice time to develop so one of them should be sent down if Chiarelli is going to keep Paille. This is a tough one because Marchand is playing well and is good at being an agitator.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I am starting to see Marchand learn to play his own game at the NHL level, already. Originally, I thought he'd be the first to go; first sent down.  However, now I'm seeing the opposite based on his play.  This kid is going  to be a real PITA for the opposing team, particulay as he gets a feel for the net.  (He could put it in frequently as prior levels.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caron : I am starting to see Marchand learn to play his own game at the NHL level, already. Originally, I thought he'd be the first to go; first sent down.  However, now I'm seeing the opposite based on his play.  This kid is going  to be a real PITA for the opposing team, particulay as he gets a feel for the net.  (He could put it in frequently as prior levels.)
    Posted by BTownExpress[/QUOTE]
    I don't think Marchand has much left to gain by suiting up in Providence whereas Caron would be better off with 1st line ice in the minors than press box/limited ice in Boston.Therefore I think Marchand stays if the choice is between the two.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caron : Correlation does not imply causation. I think Caron is headed to Providence, along with Paille.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The Bruins have not won a game this season without Caron in the lineup.  The Pk seems to suffer without him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caron : The Bruins have not won a game this season without Caron in the lineup.  The Pk seems to suffer without him.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

If they are losing because they can't win without his average of 2:17 on the penalty kill, they're a terrible team anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caron : If they are losing because they can't win without his average of 2:17 on the penalty kill, they're a terrible team anyway.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] 

Caron is only second in average PK ice time among forwards, I guess he has to be number one for you to think he is important.  He is also good 5 on 5 he has the 7th best +- on the team.  In short the Bruins would be foolish to send him down so I know it is not likely to happen.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I also thought Marchand would be the first to go, but to my surprise, he is acually more valuable than Caron at this point. Pille then Caron go down. We still have to make one more move, no?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Marchand is definetly more valuable to caron right now.  I think Caron is the odd man out....next to paille of course.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Caron continues to improve. He is a solid wing with good hands and puck control. Both he and Marchand play better than Paille. Even Arniel's brief glimpse showed more than Paille.Too bad, Paille's a good team guy, but hands of stone even in Buffalo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

[QUOTE]With Savard back (in no real organized order): Savard-Krejčí-Bergeron-Campbell Horton-Ryder-Recchi-Thornton Seguin-Lucic-Wheeler-X Unless you want to sit one of them, X can only be one of Marchand/Caron/Paille.  Right now, I'd go with Marchand, have Paille on the bench (until his probably inevitable removal), and let Caron go play in all situations in Providence.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

If we cannot trade Paille  I think Caron would be the one sent down as he has 1.1 mil cap hit and has hit a wall in recent games     and would most benefit from playing top mins in Providence

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Paille must go. Caron needs time so he can go down. Keep Marchand as he is one of the few who seems to give high energy every night.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't mind if they sent Caron down.  That gives me an idea for three balanced lines. Recchi       Savard      Horton   (I like this for some reason) Lucic        Bergeron   Wheeler Seguin        Krejci       Ryder Marchand  Campbell  Thornton Here's my theory, and you can tell me if I'm wrong.  Having Lucic on the ice may draw the opposing team's biggest winger.  If that big winger crosses paths with Savard or Krejci, they leave on a stretcher.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Who is going to Kill penalties?  I know some of you want to ignore this facet of the game but need good penalty killing to win.  Our penalty kill has been poor Caron comes back in the lineup and no surprise the penalty Kill is perfect.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Orrthebest,  Caron had a strong game and when the coach keeps putting you in delicate situations (all the PKs and empty net situation) can only mean he has trust in the kids abilities. 
    It'll be a difficult decision for coaching staff once Savard returns.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Caron:[QUOTE]Orrthebest,  Caron had a strong game and when the coach keeps putting you in delicate situations (all the PKs and empty net situation) can only mean he has trust in the kids abilities.  It'll be a difficult decision for coaching staff once Savard returns. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Da Quebec's sticking together eh ? Paille now goes once Savard is activated then Caron and Marchand will have to platoon on scratches me thinks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ill say it again Caron stays, he is a bergeron in the making and better yet, hes not a center.

Sections
Shortcuts