Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Caron

I see he got a goal last night for Providence,call him up,time for Bourque to go,sorry Ray,you were one of my favorites,but your son isn't NHL material.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: Caron

I think Bourgue is doing fine and will progress, not because heis son of ray but because his heart is in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I think Bourgue is doing fine and will progress, not because heis son of ray but because his heart is in the game.

Hmm.....11 gp, 1g, 1a, 2p, -5, 12:21 ave ice time, 2:21 pp time (almost as much as Bergeron, Marchand, and Hamilton).

I am not sure we share the same definition of "doing fine" Wally. He is getting the minutes, especially on the pp but simply not producing and the team is sure as hell not keeping him around for his physicality or defensive prowess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bourque has looked okay the past couple games. How about Caron for Thornton?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Caron on the forth line is a waist of time,but yes if Thornton isn't fighting ,and only playing 3 or 4 minutes a game is stupid

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Yeah that bad giveaway and -2 last night just oozes improvement...just busting your chops:)

Caron for ST might not be so bad but I think Pandolfo can do just as well in that spot. I believe PC and CJ are just waiting for Caron to get some games in at the AHL level before slotting him in with Kelly and Peverly. Jordan has proven to be just as (if not more) productive as Bourque in the NHL but is much more physical and better defensively.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Hmm.....11 gp, 1g, 1a, 2p, -5, 12:21 ave ice time, 2:21 pp time (almost as much as Bergeron, Marchand, and Hamilton).

I am not sure we share the same definition of "doing fine" Wally. He is getting the minutes, especially on the pp but simply not producing and the team is sure as hell not keeping him around for his physicality or defensive prowess.

Bourque was on the point for the powerplay last night and did a good job.

If we're going to skewer him for his production, let's also look at others on the team.

Bourque:  1-1-2

Kelly:  0-3-3

Bergeron:  2-5-7

Seguin:  2-5-7

Peverley:  2-3-5

Over the course of 12 games, Bergeron and Seguin are each only one goal and four assists better than the biggest bum to wear a Bruins jersey since Andrei Nazarov?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No, Caron was doing virtually nothing all season in Providence then got hurt. Much rather see Spooner.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Bourque was on the point for the powerplay last night and did a good job.

If we're going to skewer him for his production, let's also look at others on the team.

Bourque:  1-1-2

Kelly:  0-3-3

Bergeron:  2-5-7

Seguin:  2-5-7

Peverley:  2-3-5

Over the course of 12 games, Bergeron and Seguin are each only one goal and four assists better than the biggest bum to wear a Bruins jersey since Andrei Nazarov?

First, no one is calling him a bum. He is just not an NHLer. Nothing personal at all. Don't be so overly dramatic.

Second, your stats clearly show that his production is lower than those you outline. In fact, it is lower than every other regular on the team not named Shawn Thornton despite his ample PP time. Plus, he is sporting the team's worst +/-. As I mentioned, PC and CJ are sure not keeping him around for his defensive acumen or physicality. What you also fail to mention is that he is 27 and has already played over 30 NHL games so it is not like he is just learning what it is like to be at this level.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

First, no one is calling him a bum. He is just not an NHLer. Nothing personal at all. Don't be so overly dramatic.

Second, your stats clearly show that his production is lower than those you outline. In fact, it is lower than every other regular on the team not named Shawn Thornton despite his ample PP time. Plus, he is sporting the team's worst +/-. As I mentioned, PC and CJ are sure not keeping him around for his defensive acumen or physicality. What you also fail to mention is that he is 27 and has already played over 30 NHL games so it is not like he is just learning what it is like to be at this level.

+/- is a joke, but if you want to use that, Peverley and Kelly are -4 each. Bourque has more goals than Kelly.

The powerplay on this team is a joke.  Lucic and Horton have zero points on the PP.  In fact, the entire team only has five powerplay goals.  Using Bourque's powerplay time against him is weak.  Powerplay stats are silly to use anyway.  Since returning from the Jones hit, Bergeron has 10 powerplay goals in 4+ years and he always has plenty of time out there.

Keep in mind, also, that Bourque's salary is $550,000.  Yes, his production is lower than those I mention, but shouldn't that be the case with the others making $3M-$6M?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Love to see Caron come back and play as he did at the end of last year. But he's not the Total answer. The experienced defense is sagging. Could be aging sooner than expected. Chara is no longer dominant, and many forwards are blowing past him. Seidenberg is making more mistakes than he ever did; and Ference's ailments have slowed him down too where he also makes more mistakes. Bourque has tried hard, but, as noted, he is not physical; he has no shot; and he's eating up a lot of ice time. He has not been noticeable on the PP, and that emphasizes a major problem that he is not the PP answer either. Claude's tight system keeps games close, but without scoring, skating alone doesn't get the job done. Let's see how Peter earns his bucks in evolving the weaknesses that exist.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

+/- is a joke, but if you want to use that, Peverley and Kelly are -4 each. Bourque has more goals than Kelly.

The powerplay on this team is a joke.  Lucic and Horton have zero points on the PP.  In fact, the entire team only has five powerplay goals.  Using Bourque's powerplay time against him is weak.  Powerplay stats are silly to use anyway.  Since returning from the Jones hit, Bergeron has 10 powerplay goals in 4+ years and he always has plenty of time out there.

Keep in mind, also, that Bourque's salary is $550,000.  Yes, his production is lower than those I mention, but shouldn't that be the case with the others making $3M-$6M?

Thanks once again for acknowledging that Bourque does indeed have the worst +/- on the team.

PP time is not a joke, it gives those on it a huge advantage to get points with little defensive risk. To argue against this point is ridiculous. Whole team strategies are based on the PP. So either you are right that the PP does not matter or the entire NHL establishment is. Gee, I wonder who is more accurate?

Also, what you failed to address is that he still has the least amount of points of any regular on this roster not currently a still concussed fighter.

And yes, Bourque is making the league minimum. He is probably playing to his value. I would not call that a positive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I do believe Caron will comeback up for a few reasons. Being injured shouldn't send you down the depth chart and with the arrival KoKo to Providence soon and the fact that PBruins were winning without Caron should send him back up.

Also I think that Bourque is past the point of no return meaning he has played too many NHL games so that if he does get sent down he would need to go through waivers. Not sure if the Bruins are at max contracts with Pandolfo being signed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thanks once again for acknowledging that Bourque does indeed have the worst +/- on the team.

PP time is not a joke, it gives those on it a huge advantage to get points with little defensive risk. To argue against this point is ridiculous. Whole team strategies are based on the PP. So either you are right that the PP does not matter or the entire NHL establishment is. Gee, I wonder who is more accurate?

Also, what you failed to address is that he still has the least amount of points of any regular on this roster not currently a still concussed fighter.

And yes, Bourque is making the league minimum. He is probably playing to his value. I would not call that a positive.

Powerplay points:

Lucic:  0

Horton:  0

Bergeron:  1

Marchand:  1

Bourque:  1

Yes, that's a great way to judge a player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

10 pts in 36 games and -9  - no thanks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Powerplay points:

Lucic:  0

Horton:  0

Bergeron:  1

Marchand:  1

Bourque:  1

Yes, that's a great way to judge a player.

He spends a fifth of his ice time on the PP with all its offensive opportunities and low risk defensive responsibilities yet still has the least amount of points and worst +/- of any regular on a first place team.

Weak.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He spends a fifth of his ice time on the PP with all its offensive opportunities and low risk defensive responsibilities yet still has the least amount of points and worst +/- of any regular on a first place team.

Weak.....

How dumb.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment:

10 pts in 36 games and -9  - no thanks.

Keep in mind Red that twice this season Caron is bouncing back from injuries. This messes up timing and Cassidy isn't giving Jordan allot of minutes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How dumb.

Good retort....do you even know why you are arguing against my point that Bourque is not cutting it at the NHL level or are you just being the eternal contrarian?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

fair point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good retort....do you even know why you are arguing against my point that Bourque is not cutting it at the NHL level or are you just being the eternal contrarian?

That's the only retort feesible when talking to a wall.

At $550,000, I don't think Bourque is playing badly at all.  I'm much happier having him filling that slot and the flexibility that comes with his one year contract than having some castoff, old man, retread or bum with a two or three year deal at $3.25M who cannot be moved if need be.

It's 100% insane that people are bringing the lynch mob to Danvers for Bourque, but Kelly and Peverley are going unmentioned.  It's 100% insane to talk about Bourque's powerplay numbers when $4M Horton and $6M Lucic have 0-0-0 pp stats.  It's 100% insane to discuss large trades when the team is near the top of the league.  Pure madness.  The only response available in a conversation like this is "How dumb", so that's what you got.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Weak.....

How dumb.

Nothing seems as dumb as the lengths you're going to in your attempts to prop up Bourque. Comparing his point total to Bergeron and Seguin makes loads of sense considering one is last year's team leading scorer while the other has award winning defensive prowess but please do carry on. It's hilarious. And bringing up Peverly and Kelly is the icing on the cake. Both guys have had no issues putting up points with practically every winger they've played with but alas, here we are with both of them underperforming at the exact same time..........hmmmmmmmm,what's the common denominator? I also can't help noticing the line has scored in both games in which Paille took Bourque's place on the wing. What a wacky coincidence. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

At $550,000, I don't think Bourque is playing badly at all.  I'm much happier having him filling that slot and the flexibility that comes with his one year contract than having some castoff, old man, retread or bum with a two or three year deal at $3.25M who cannot be moved if need be.

It's 100% insane that people are bringing the lynch mob to Danvers for Bourque, but Kelly and Peverley are going unmentioned.  It's 100% insane to talk about Bourque's powerplay numbers when $4M Horton and $6M Lucic have 0-0-0 pp stats.  It's 100% insane to discuss large trades when the team is near the top of the league.  Pure madness.  The only response available in a conversation like this is "How dumb", so that's what you got.

Lynch mob? Discussing if Bourque is good enough to play on this team is hardly the witch hunt you are making it out to be.

This "conversation" made no mention of replacing Bourque with an overpriced has been, or any trade at all. It is observation and numbers based of his play thus far.

You are attempting to create a straw man argument by bringing in other factors not even mentioned here and you are failing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Blaming Kelly and Peverley for Bourque not having success with the Bruins is dumb!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Again:  How dumb.  I'm going to do something else now.  I'm talking to a wall here.

Sections
Shortcuts