Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Caron

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Dez, I dont 100% disagree with you.  Im not trying to overrate him because of his last name a la Jack Edwards.  The theme of this thread; however, is Caron needs a shot.  And Caron cant be given a shot without giving up Bourque for nothing (he will not clear waivers).  If Bourque had a two way contract, I would strongly consider trying someone else there.  But its keep going w Bourque or lose Bourque for nothing.  

I disagree with the urgency.  I disagree that we need to give Bourque away pronto.  I think that we should continue to wait and see with him.  The team is 9-2-2.  The way he played last night, I think he deserves 3 more games.  

Give Bourque 3 more games to see if he can consistently be the player he was last night.  Give Caron 3 more games in Prov to knock the rust off.  We are 9-2-2.  It isnt panick time.  Thats my only point.

Sorry to be so difficult Drew. We're not far apart in our thinking but I think the problem is you're hung up on the waiver wire. Bourque already sat out for a game and wasn't exposed to waivers. I'm suggesting trying it again, that's all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

The third line has been noticably better over the last 5 games, and Bourque has been at the center of it.  And dont put the Buffalo game on his shoulders.  Everyone played terrible in the third period of that game.  From Kudo to Boychuck (who has been very good this year, IMO) to Bourque.

Not to chime in on a good argument between you and Dez but if anyone has been at the center of the third line looking less bad the last few games, my vote would go to Peverley. Rich has been really stepping it up. Again, just my opinion.

I agree that Pevs has been MUCH better.  I was going to post about how inconsistent he is.   I dont mean that as a negative.  I meant that when he's not playing well, you forget how good he can be.  I would say this about Horton too.

However, Bourque (IMO) has been part of the reason why the third line is starting to generate some chances.  Id be interested to see how a Pevs/Horton/Bourque line would do.  Horton to create space and finish, while Pevs and Bourque are free to get nifty and create with the puck on their stick.  I think that if Bourque played w Pevs and Horton, he'd have 7 pts right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dez, I dont 100% disagree with you.  Im not trying to overrate him because of his last name a la Jack Edwards.  The theme of this thread; however, is Caron needs a shot.  And Caron cant be given a shot without giving up Bourque for nothing (he will not clear waivers).  If Bourque had a two way contract, I would strongly consider trying someone else there.  But its keep going w Bourque or lose Bourque for nothing.  

I disagree with the urgency.  I disagree that we need to give Bourque away pronto.  I think that we should continue to wait and see with him.  The team is 9-2-2.  The way he played last night, I think he deserves 3 more games.  

Give Bourque 3 more games to see if he can consistently be the player he was last night.  Give Caron 3 more games in Prov to knock the rust off.  We are 9-2-2.  It isnt panick time.  Thats my only point.

Sorry to be so difficult Drew. We're not far apart in our thinking but I think the problem is you're hung up on the waiver wire. Bourque already sat out for a game and wasn't exposed to waivers. I'm suggesting trying it again, that's all.

Ive got no qualms w a healthy scratch.  I wouldnt do it now, because I would want him to carry some momentum from his good game and karma gifted assist.  I just dont think that we need off the team this instant.  Especially not to make room for Caron who was mediocre in Providence and coming back from injury.  Give Caron more time in Prov, give Bourque more time in Boston.  You never know what injuries are going to manifest.  Scrapping Bourque and calling Caron up weakens our depth (if nothing else).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The reality is that Caron has a two way contract, and Bourque does not.  To make a move now (and expose Bourque to waivers) makes no sense.   Because Caron has a two way contract, we can keep him in waiting while we see if Bourque is the player he was last night. 

Not true Bourque does have a two-way contract so he can be sent down. The risk of having him going through waivers depends on how many games Chris has in the NHL. I hope that is not Chiarellis excuse becuase Spooner is a far better player than Bourque.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ive got no qualms w a healthy scratch.  I wouldnt do it now, because I would want him to carry some momentum from his good game and karma gifted assist.  I just dont think that we need off the team this instant.  Especially not to make room for Caron who was mediocre in Providence and coming back from injury.  Give Caron more time in Prov, give Bourque more time in Boston.  You never know what injuries are going to manifest.  Scrapping Bourque and calling Caron up weakens our depth (if nothing else).

Elaborate please because I don't see how this is true. Regarding Caron, he's had a few good games since taking a puck to the face and he's also better suited than Bourque for a 3rd line position. Caron has a big body to park in front as evidenced by his most recent PP goal. Bourque gets pushed off the puck too easily. That, more than anything, is what I take issue with.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

We have a dancing clown and a Panda out there far worse than Bqe Caron Tardiff Spooner or even Camper bring them all up and send the 2 dolts down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Elaborate please because I don't see how this is true. Regarding Caron, he's had a few good games since taking a puck to the face and he's also better suited than Bourque for a 3rd line position. Caron has a big body to park in front as evidenced by his most recent PP goal. Bourque gets pushed off the puck too easily. That, more than anything, is what I take issue with.

Having Bourque on the third line and Caron in the minors is more depth than Caron on the third line and nobody in the minors (assuming Bourque cannot be sent down without being exposed to waivers).

If Bourque hasnt reached the games played limit yet (thanks for the correction, SanDog) , but is fast approaching the limit, he should be sent down immediately.  Hog your players.  Do whatever it takes to keep them all under your control, for as long as possible.

If Bourque is past the games played limit, dont send him down until you are 100% sure you dont want him.  Because he will not clear waivers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Having Bourque on the third line and Caron in the minors is more depth than Caron on the third line and nobody in the minors (assuming Bourque cannot be sent down without being exposed to waivers).

If Bourque hasnt reached the games played limit yet (thanks for the correction, SanDog) , but is fast approaching the limit, he should be sent down immediately.  Hog your players.  Do whatever it takes to keep them all under your control, for as long as possible.

If Bourque is past the games played limit, dont send him down until you are 100% sure you dont want him.  Because he will not clear waivers.

Drew, I really don't know why you'd be so positive of that. He might get claimed but my guess is he would clear waivers. Whoever puts in a claim would plan on playing him in the NHL next year also due to his contract turning intp a one way deal. In fact, I'll be very surprised if PC doesn't put him on the wire before the year is up in hopes of someone taking him off his books. BTW, my interpretation of the waiver rules is that Bourque would need to pass through to be sent down.

A player who signs at 18, 19 or 20 and then plays out his juniors eligibility, going pro (NHL or AHL) at 20, is most likely not going to play 160 NHL games before his three year exemption expires. For such players, the clock starts ticking at 20 (when they play their first AHL — or, less likely, NHL — game) and their exemptions run out when they’re 23.

(By which I mean, at the conclusion of the season ending in the year in which they turned 23.)

A college player usually won’t play his first pro game until he’s at least 22, at which point he’ll get at most three years of exemption (if he goes to the AHL) and at least one year of exemption (if he jumps straight to the NHL). College players are for this reason usually the oldest to still have any exemption left.

College players who leave school early to turn pro resemble players who come from Canadian major junior, because they turn pro earlier, around age 20.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

You know, just like you thought Pouliot was so terrific every time he managed a point. He was quite helpful in that Caps series wasn't he? Nice try Boom-Boom. Maybe you should just go back to scanning your Archie comics for some new material.-Dezaruchi

Checking Pouliot's production this year, and last year in his limited role with the B's, one concludes that the "z" in Dez is for "Ztupid". The B's certainly regret losing him now. He's got more goals than the entire third line. More sauce, Dez?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

You know, just like you thought Pouliot was so terrific every time he managed a point. He was quite helpful in that Caps series wasn't he? Nice try Boom-Boom. Maybe you should just go back to scanning your Archie comics for some new material.-Dezaruchi

Checking Pouliot's production this year, and last year in his limited role with the B's, one concludes that the "z" in Dez is for "Ztupid". The B's certainly regret losing him now. He's got more goals than the entire third line. More sauce, Dez?

Yes,the Bruins are really missing the guy who coughed up the puck which led to a game 7 loss in round one last year. Boy,do they ever miss him......just as you miss the mark in your attempts at comedy. I mean the only thing people think is funnier than bad puns are puns that don't make sense so you're really nailing it today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Can we stop complaining about a third line winger. More than half the league would be lucky to have this problem. It's like a rich guy complaining that his caviar is too salty.  

Would be great to have a guy that can score on his own but those guys cost money. I don't know why they got rid of Pouliot but most of you hated him anyways.

1st place issues.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Drew, I really don't know why you'd be so positive of that. He might get claimed but my guess is he would clear waivers. Whoever puts in a claim would plan on playing him in the NHL next year also due to his contract turning intp a one way deal. In fact, I'll be very surprised if PC doesn't put him on the wire before the year is up in hopes of someone taking him off his books. BTW, my interpretation of the waiver rules is that Bourque would need to pass through to be sent down.

A player who signs at 18, 19 or 20 and then plays out his juniors eligibility, going pro (NHL or AHL) at 20, is most likely not going to play 160 NHL games before his three year exemption expires. For such players, the clock starts ticking at 20 (when they play their first AHL — or, less likely, NHL — game) and their exemptions run out when they’re 23.

(By which I mean, at the conclusion of the season ending in the year in which they turned 23.)

A college player usually won’t play his first pro game until he’s at least 22, at which point he’ll get at most three years of exemption (if he goes to the AHL) and at least one year of exemption (if he jumps straight to the NHL). College players are for this reason usually the oldest to still have any exemption left.

College players who leave school early to turn pro resemble players who come from Canadian major junior, because they turn pro earlier, around age 20.

I am confident that he will not clear waivers because he makes 550K / yr.  You need cheap guys to help you round out your roster , especially next year when the cap is set to decrease significantly.  

A team that is in cap trouble, plans on contending (doesnt want to break up their nucleous), but has some roster spots to fill out (or is expecting some roster holes to emerge after this year due to cap casualties), could use a guy like Bourque.  

He may not be good, but I would submit that he's good for 550K.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes,the Bruins are really missing the guy who coughed up the puck which led to a game 7 loss in round one last year. Boy,do they ever miss him......just as you miss the mark in your attempts at comedy. I mean the only thing people think is funnier than bad puns are puns that don't make sense so you're really nailing it today.-Dezaruchi

Ztupid is as Ztupid does Dez. Only someone Ztupid thinks releasing Pouliot and replacing him with Bourque is good. Take a poll, ztupid ; - )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

We could always park Bourque in the press box. That is not losing depth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

We could always park Bourque in the press box. That is not losing depth.

I'd be okay with this.  I dont know if the timing is right , as he is coming off his best game as a Bruin.  However, I wouldnt be 100% opposed to a healthy scratch here / there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Yes,the Bruins are really missing the guy who coughed up the puck which led to a game 7 loss in round one last year. Boy,do they ever miss him......just as you miss the mark in your attempts at comedy. I mean the only thing people think is funnier than bad puns are puns that don't make sense so you're really nailing it today.-Dezaruchi

Ztupid is as Ztupid does Dez. Only someone Ztupid thinks releasing Pouliot and replacing him with Bourque is good. Take a poll, ztupid ; - )

Oh no! I've been zinged repeatedly by a joke that only the teller finds amusing. Whatever shall I do? You know that everyone is laughing at you and not with you right? Maybe you're an exceptionally good sport but my money is on just plain stupid. BTW, any luck figuring out the reply option yet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

For those ready to put Bourque in the press box, remember the plight of Brad Marchand early in his Bruins career...bouncing around on the 3rd and 4th line before his breakout party.   For the record, Marchand's first 20 games in a Bruins sweater, he had 0 goals and 1 assists.  

It is also worth noting that they are both smaller quicker players and Bourque had better point totals as an AHLer than Marchand.  Let's see what Bourque can do with a legit sample size to truly assess what he can do.  I'm certainly glad the Bruins did not give up on Marchand.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I

Not true Bourque does have a two-way contract so he can be sent down. The risk of having him going through waivers depends on how many games Chris has in the NHL. I hope that is not Chiarellis excuse becuase Spooner is a far better player than Bourque.

If that is the case I hope they're keeping count so that they still maintain that flexibility of movement

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

For those ready to put Bourque in the press box, remember the plight of Brad Marchand early in his Bruins career...bouncing around on the 3rd and 4th line before his breakout party.   For the record, Marchand's first 20 games in a Bruins sweater, he had 0 goals and 1 assists.  

It is also worth noting that they are both smaller quicker players and Bourque had better point totals as an AHLer than Marchand.  Let's see what Bourque can do with a legit sample size to truly assess what he can do.  I'm certainly glad the Bruins did not give up on Marchand.

No offense Luc but I respectfully disagree. It needs to be noted that Bourque is 7 years older than Marchand was when he played those 20 games as a rookie. Bourque also just played in his 45th NHL game so when does the feeling out process end? Lastly, Bourque didn't really have better AHL numbers than Marchand considering that Brad only played in 113 AHL games (91 pts). Bourque had 96 points in his first 134 AHL games. Saying Bourque has better AHL numbers than Marchand is akin to me saying Chara has better NHL numbers than Karlsson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The difference was Marchand was very successful in his debut and made that 4th line click. Also Marchand was 20 years old and kept on improving , Bourque not too sure how much more he can improve.  He did play well the last game but just enough to stick around on a 4th line in the NHL.  That would be fine with me but the Bruins have no space on the 4th line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

[QUOTE]

No offense Luc but I respectfully disagree. It needs to be noted that Bourque is 7 years older than Marchand was when he played those 20 games as a rookie. Bourque also just played in his 45th NHL game so when does the feeling out process end? Lastly, Bourque didn't really have better AHL nubers than Marchand considering that Brad only played in 113 AHL games (91 pts). Bourque had 96 points in his first 134 AHL games. Saying Bourque has better AHL numbers than Marchand is akin to me saying Chara has better NHL numbers than Karlsson.

Fair enough, Dez...I wasn't going the direct comparison route as they are different players especially in terms of bite. I used Marchand because of size, skill, speed, and quickeness.    My point is to be patient with Bourque as he still is relatively young. Marchand's best full season as an AHLer is 18goals, 59 points in 79 games and Bourque is 27goals, and 93 points in 73 games.  I know that I am stat selecting but the point is the potential is there, and the AHL is no longer the place for him.   Martin St. Louis is another smaller, skilled, quick, less "bite" guy might be a better comp. as he took a while in terms of age and also bounced around a bit before becoming a mainstay.  In short, be patient and stay the course a bit longer with Bourque.  It took also took a while (not sure how many games, 2nd half?), even in Marchand's second season, to get the confidence to be the player he is now.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Fair enough, Dez...I wasn't going the direct comparison route as they are different players especially in terms of bite. I used Marchand because of size, skill, speed, and quickeness.    My point is to be patient with Bourque as he still is relatively young. Marchand's best full season as an AHLer is 18goals, 59 points in 79 games and Bourque is 27goals, and 93 points in 73 games.  I know that I am stat selecting but the point is the potential is there, and the AHL is no longer the place for him.   Martin St. Louis is another smaller, skilled, quick, less "bite" guy might be a better comp. as he took a while in terms of age and also bounced around a bit before becoming a mainstay.  In short, be patient and stay the course a bit longer with Bourque.  It took also took a while (not sure how many games, 2nd half?), even in Marchand's second season, to get the confidence to be the player he is now.   

Luc, I should've added that I'm certainly all for Bourque earning that spot. I stated on another thread that I just want to see him become consistently harder to play against. I also like the Marchand comparison because I wish Bourque would be as hard to knock off the puck as Brad is. Cheers!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm still trying to figure out how the Z in Dez' name stands for Ztupid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Can we stop complaining about a third line winger. More than half the league would be lucky to have this problem. It's like a rich guy complaining that his caviar is too salty. 

Well we've seen what the Bruins can do with a productive 3rd line. When you have the depth that Chiarelli and Julien want the Bruins score in waves or don't have to depend on Marchand, Krejci, Seguin, Horton and Lucic to do all your scoring. When you have a reliable 3rd, like the last two years, in picks up the slack when you're main contributors are in a funk ala Horton, Bergeron n Seguin.

It's not complaining in my view, it is wanting to the 3rd line to return to what you know it can do. That's not asking allot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Bourque is older than Marchand and already had 33 NHL games prior to this season.  Your comparing apples to oranges.

Sections
Shortcuts