Caron

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Caron

I wonder if it's hard to walk with your tail between your legs?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Bourque has looked okay the past couple games. How about Caron for Thornton?

Caron desserves a real chance ..He is that type of player that performs better in the NHL than he does in the AHL ...besides Caron is 6'2''  202lbs   vs Bourque 5'8'' 180lbs ....we need to beef up the team after what I saw last night in Buffalo were our players got outplayed physically, I really did not appreciate the fact that the Sabres looked much tougher and bigger than the Bruins..enough is enough ...we need to beat up those sob's next game not only on the scoreboard but we need to beat them up physically and restore the respectability of the BRUINS ....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH  

STANLEY CUP TO THE B'RUINS in 2011 & 2013 ...(Sorry I was suppose to be out until March 1st but I needed to step up for my BRUINS)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Caron desserves a real chance ..He is that type of player that performs better in the NHL than he does in the AHL ...besides Caron is 6'2''  202lbs   vs Bourque 5'8'' 180lbs ....we need to beef up the team after what I saw last night in Buffalo were our players got outplayed physically, I really did not appreciate the fact that the Sabres looked much tougher and bigger than the Bruins..enough is enough ...we need to beat up those sob's next game not only on the scoreboard but we need to beat them up physically and restore the respectability of the BRUINS ....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH  

STANLEY CUP TO THE B'RUINS in 2011 & 2013 ...(Sorry I was suppose to be out until March 1st but I needed to step up for my BRUINS)

You're back already. For some strange reason it felt like you never left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

You're back already. For some strange reason it felt like you never left.

Read my comment in Khud have been right

no more comments ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Another goal and assist for Caron in Prov. The P-B's are really on a roll at the moment. Even the PP is scoring goals. Caron is putting up some points since his face started to heal up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

That's good news for Caron. I really hope he slots into the third line this year and runs with it.

I think the Bruins projected him to be a solid third liner who can chip in offensively. Bourque can become the 13th forward and fill in when needed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Bruins6's comment:

That's good news for Caron. I really hope he slots into the third line this year and runs with it.

I think the Bruins projected him to be a solid third liner who can chip in offensively. Bourque can become the 13th forward and fill in when needed.

Exactly, bring him with the big club as soon as possible.....and tell him that he'll stay in if he learns to play physical...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Plus his pim was tender interference, is he also crashing the net

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

If Chris has a different last name there is no way he is up with the B's right now.  He is easily pushed off the puck and his so called gifted hands hansn't shown much considering he is getting PP time.  Caron would be at the very least a physical upgrade, which I believe this team needs on the 3rd line.    Ray was one of my favorite players of all time but his kids lack something, and is not NHL talented.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Reading NAS's comments about Bourque brings one to the conclusion that if you remove N from NAS and add an S at the end of his nickname you have pinpointed his, and Dez's for that matter, true intelligence level. Bourque is a prototypical minor leaguer. End of story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Reading NAS's comments about Bourque brings one to the conclusion that if you remove N from NAS and add an S at the end of his nickname you have pinpointed his, and Dez's for that matter, true intelligence level. Bourque is a prototypical minor leaguer. End of story.

He may end up being just your typical minor league player but he was one Boston's best forwards last night. Then again people called Martin St.Louis a career minor leaguer also so you never know what direction a player's career may take.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Stop picking on NAS and talk hockey. Bourque is not the problem. Granted he skates, but does not score, hit or check effectively. He is not adding to the team. But, neither is Thornton who isn't even helping the Merlot line. Peverly is not contributing positively and seems to be missing some of last year's skills, like scoring. Bergie's line is carying the team; Kreji and Lucic are helping, but Horton looks less than 1st line quality. Bogosian's hit all but put him out of the game, as his soft cover on Kane allowed the 2nd goal. Wheeler's  acceleration stripped Chara's coverage, and could have hurt if Seguin's dive didn't break up the play. With these continuing breakdowns, Peter needs to make some changes as Ference, Seidenberg and Boychuck are making more poor passes than good strikes. Johnson didn't light it up in his few games, but maybe Krug has gained more presence and could fill in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The reality is that Caron has a two way contract, and Bourque does not.  To make a move now (and expose Bourque to waivers) makes no sense.   Because Caron has a two way contract, we can keep him in waiting while we see if Bourque is the player he was last night.  Bourque isnt losing us games out there, and he was darn pretty good last night.  Making a move right now makes 0 sense.

We should keep Caron in the minors because that way we can keep both players.  Bourque has greatly improved his play over the last 4-5 games and has earned his spot.  If he gets cold, and starts costing us games then consider making the move.  But not right now.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Oh look, OEC managed to find another post in his Depends. Who helped you with all of the big words? Frankly, it's a little surprising that you didn't start a thread about how awesome Bourque is for getting a point. You know, just like you thought Pouliot was so terrific every time he managed a point. He was quite helpful in that Caps series wasn't he? Nice try Boom-Boom. Maybe you should just go back to scanning your Archie comics for some new material.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

He may end up being just your typical minor league player but he was one Boston's best forwards last night. Then again people called Martin St.Louis a career minor leaguer also so you never know what direction a player's career may take.

Martin St. Louis won league MVP when he was Bourque's age so I'm not sure that's a good comparison. Bourque isn't a kid anymore. He's too old to even call him a prospect so how much of turnaround can even be expected?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

The reality is that Caron has a two way contract, and Bourque does not.  To make a move now (and expose Bourque to waivers) makes no sense.   Because Caron has a two way contract, we can keep him in waiting while we see if Bourque is the player he was last night.  Bourque isnt losing us games out there, and he was darn pretty good last night.  Making a move right now makes 0 sense.

We should keep Caron in the minors because that way we can keep both players.  Bourque has greatly improved his play over the last 4-5 games and has earned his spot.  If he gets cold, and starts costing us games then consider making the move.  But not right now.  

Sounds like someone doesn't watch the games. Bourque just finished his first game in which he didn't look totally outmatched. He was an integral part of a losing effort just one game ago since he was badly out of position on both the tying and winning goals. The fact that he managed to get a secondary assist doesn't change history. Bourque has been awful for most of the season so far. Being better than awful doesn't equate to having "earned his spot", at least not for anyone with a different last name. Unbelievable how much slack this guy is getting from the fan base. His play has people missing Pouliot for God's sake.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Martin St. Louis won league MVP when he was Bourque's age so I'm not sure that's a good comparison. Bourque isn't a kid anymore. He's too old to even call him a prospect so how much of turnaround can even be expected?

I would say that over a full season we can expect him to be somewhere between the player who we saw in the beginning of the season and the player we saw last night.

I would say that at the beginning of the season, he was a C - third liner.  Hustles, but looked kind of lost out there. More recently, he has been a B third liner.  Knows where to be, not trying to do too much, creating chances, and still bringing the hustle.  

If Kelly didnt forget how to attack all of a sudden, Bourque could realistically have 6-7 pts this year.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Sounds like someone doesn't watch the games. Bourque just finished his first game in which he didn't look totally outmatched. He was an integral part of a losing effort just one game ago since he was badly out of position on both the tying and winning goals. The fact that he managed to get a secondary assist doesn't change history. Bourque has been awful for most of the season so far. Being better than awful doesn't equate to having "earned his spot", at least not for anyone with a different last name. Unbelievable how much slack this guy is getting from the fan base. His play has people missing Pouliot for God's sake.

Thats like missing a toothache.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

The third line has been noticably better over the last 5 games, and Bourque has been at the center of it.  And dont put the Buffalo game on his shoulders.  Everyone played terrible in the third period of that game.  From Kudo to Boychuck (who has been very good this year, IMO) to Bourque.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I would say that over a full season we can expect him to be somewhere between the player who we saw in the beginning of the season and the player we saw last night.

I would say that at the beginning of the season, he was a C - third liner.  Hustles, but looked kind of lost out there. More recently, he has been a B third liner.  Knows where to be, not trying to do too much, creating chances, and still bringing the hustle.  

If Kelly didnt forget how to attack all of a sudden, Bourque could realistically have 6-7 pts this year.  

Kelly was never a scorer and if Bourque needs him to put up numbers then you can forget it. Kelly and Peverley have been very consistent throughout their careers. That is, until they were expected to play with an anchor on the LW. The line scored a goal in both games in which Paille played the position instead of Bourque. That's not just a coincidence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The third line has been noticably better over the last 5 games, and Bourque has been at the center of it.  And dont put the Buffalo game on his shoulders.  Everyone played terrible in the third period of that game.  From Kudo to Boychuck (who has been very good this year, IMO) to Bourque.

Drew, save that crock for someone that doesn't know hockey. I do so I'm not buying that garbage just because someone got a secondary assist. Bourque was badly out of position on the 2 goals I mentioned. Saying everyone else was bad doesn't make that go away. I get it. You like Bourque. I think he's the weakest link. Mind you, I need to see more than one decent game from a player before thinking he's turned a corner. Like I said, people tried to say Pouliot was decent after every game in which he scored. I also remember people telling me that Kampfer and Hunwick were good players. How'd they work out for the Bruins?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Drew, save that crock for someone that doesn't know hockey. I do so I'm not buying that garbage just because someone got a secondary assist. Bourque was badly out of position on the 2 goals I mentioned. Saying everyone else was bad doesn't make that go away. I get it. You like Bourque. I think he's the weakest link. Mind you, I need to see more than one decent game from a player before thinking he's turned a corner. Like I said, people tried to say Pouliot was decent after every game in which he scored. I also remember people telling me that Kampfer and Hunwick were good players. How'd they work out for the Bruins?

I dont care about the secondary assist either.  He had very little to do with that goal.  Im just saying that ive seen the line create some chances over the last couple of games.  Very few of these chances have turned into goals; however, theyve been there.

I havent seen enough to grant him a guaranteed roster spot.  However, Ive seen enough to give him an extra couple of games.  Im not saying hes awesome, and how dare you suggest exposing him to waivers.  Im just saying that there is no rush.  Hes bought himself more time.  Thats all im saying.  And I dont like him.  I just dont think hes killing us out there.    If anyone likes him, its Jack Edwards talking about how hes a top 6 forward and we just dont have a top 6 spot open (eye roll).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I dont care about the secondary assist either.  He had very little to do with that goal.  Im just saying that ive seen the line create some chances over the last couple of games.  Very few of these chances have turned into goals; however, theyve been there.

I havent seen enough to grant him a guaranteed roster spot.  However, Ive seen enough to give him an extra couple of games.  Im not saying hes awesome, and how dare you suggest exposing him to waivers.  Im just saying that there is no rush.  Hes bought himself more time.  Thats all im saying.  And I dont like him.  I just dont think hes killing us out there.    If anyone likes him, its Jack Edwards talking about how hes a top 6 forward and we just dont have a top 6 spot open (eye roll).

Drew, you stated that the 3rd line has been "noticably better in the last 5 games and that Bourque was at the center of it". The first part of your comment is true but the last part certainly isn't. When did I "dare suggesting exposing him to waivers" by the way? First off, I'm well aware of how waivers work. In fact, I'm the one who pointed out the fact he'd need to pass through them to get sent down. I also know that having him as a healthy scratch means he's exposed to nothing but a better view of the game. How dare I? Oh, the nerve of me sometimes.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not to chime in on a good argument between you and Dez but if anyone has been at the center of the third line looking less bad the last few games, my vote would go to Peverley. Rich has been really stepping it up. Again, just my opinion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Dez, I dont 100% disagree with you.  Im not trying to overrate him because of his last name a la Jack Edwards.  The theme of this thread; however, is Caron needs a shot.  And Caron cant be given a shot without giving up Bourque for nothing (he will not clear waivers).  If Bourque had a two way contract, I would strongly consider trying someone else there.  But its keep going w Bourque or lose Bourque for nothing.  

I disagree with the urgency.  I disagree that we need to give Bourque away pronto.  I think that we should continue to wait and see with him.  The team is 9-2-2.  The way he played last night, I think he deserves 3 more games.  

Give Bourque 3 more games to see if he can consistently be the player he was last night.  Give Caron 3 more games in Prov to knock the rust off.  We are 9-2-2.  It isnt panick time.  Thats my only point.

Sections
Shortcuts