Carter To LA for JJ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Carter To LA for JJ

TSN just reported Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson and a 1st rounder

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Carter To LA for JJ

Interesting, Jack Johnson is a good Offensive D-man, but I was expecting the Jackets to be trading for younger prospects. Thought for sure Bernier would end up in Columbus whether it were for Carter or Nash.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Berge37. Show Berge37's posts

I'm suprised by this. I thought Columbus would ask for more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Carter To LA for JJ:
    [QUOTE]I'm suprised by this. I thought Columbus would ask for more.
    Posted by Berge37[/QUOTE]

What scares me is the Rangers will get Nash for less than what everyone expects.
    That'll be deadly for the the Eastern Conference.
    Let's hope Nash goes to San Jose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carter To LA for JJ : What scares me is the Rangers will get Nash for less than what everyone expects. That'll be deadly for the the Eastern Conference. Let's hope Nash goes to San Jose.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Then why not the Bruins?  I think they have more bargaining chips of greater value than the Rangers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Carter To LA for JJ:
    [QUOTE]TSN just reported Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson and a 1st rounder
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Philly West, Jeff Carter. Your drinking buddy is waiting.

Today, I was at the Toronto Airport Marriot for a meeting. Also meeting there - the LA Kings brass and scouts in another one of the meeting rooms. Apparently, they will be there till Monday.

Never got a chance to run into anyone from their entourage. It would have been interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Carter To LA for JJ:
    [QUOTE]TSN just reported Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson and a 1st rounder
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]
    That's about what he'll get for Nash too.  Maybe add a prospect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Carter To LA for JJ : Then why not the Bruins?  I think they have more bargaining chips of greater value than the Rangers.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be upset when and if this gets done for Nash.  You'll come up with 10 scenarios where the Bruins could have, would have done better.
    It's really quiet on the Bruins front. Not sure if it's a knew strategy or like Red said Bruins to stay put.  No blockbuster coming our way.
    I'm certain (IMO) CBJ has asked for Hamilton and Rask among others. PC will not do it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

I got a feeling Nash will stay in Columbus until the off season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Being from CBus. Im glad the BJ's got rid of carter. He didnt want to be here anyway, plus he's prone to injury. Also, the BJ's dump his awful salary. The BJ's need to start over. Team is made up of a bunch of 3rd and 4th line players, except for Nash. They just have a lot of unprovens on the team with higher than expected salaries. It will be a few years before this team is relatively competitive. But I think moreso for the BJ's, they need to shore up on Defense and JJ is a good pick up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Am I the only one that felt that LA paid why to much for Carter? Jack Johnson is a pretty good offensive defensman, for a fragile Jeff Carter with a pretty high cap and contract. It should of been just JJ for Carter not the first round pick. I think the Kings got hosed. I feel like the bruins could of got him for a better deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Am I the only one that felt that LA paid why to much for Carter? Jack Johnson is a pretty good offensive defensman, for a fragile Jeff Carter with a pretty high cap and contract. It should of been just JJ for Carter not the first round pick. I think the Kings got hosed. I feel like the bruins could of got him for a better deal.
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]

Agree but the Kings are dying for offense, Columbus had the upper hand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I got a feeling Nash will stay in Columbus until the off season.
    Posted by Ronstar8[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping otherwise can upset the balance in the Eastern Conference if a team like the Rangers get him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Terrible for return for Carter. All said and done the BJ's traded a 7th overall (Couturier) and Voracek for Johnson and a mid-round(or worse pending playoffs) 1st.  That's just bad management. Johnson has done little to show he's a true star defenseman. If I was a team that needed him, I would easily have given up an average defensman and so-so draft pick for a guy with Carter's talent and cap hit. Even with that long contract.