CBC Announcers are the worst.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

CBC Announcers are the worst.

I'm really disappointed that the highlights on NHL have mostly CBC announcers, where for example the Kings scored in Overtime last night to move to their first Stanley Cup final since 93... and they're just like "Penner... <goal... seconds tick by> he scores."

There's almost zero enthusiasm for any team that isn't the Canadiens or Canucks... at least that's just what I've seen.  It's just disappointing I guess and I needed to whine about it... but it needed to be said.  They're awful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: CBC Announcers are the worst.

Was it Bob Cole last night? The guy shows NO emotion whatsoever. ZERO. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

And Glen Healy is a knob. Couldn't stand him last year. CBC covered the majority of the Bruins games, and it was never"Boston played great" , was always how bad the other team was playing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: CBC Announcers are the worst.:
    Was it Bob Cole last night? The guy shows NO emotion whatsoever. ZERO. 
    Posted by Hockguy0818

No, it's VANCOUVER Native Jim Hughston. Did you not hear his enthusiasm in Game 3 rd one Canucks vs Kings? You tube it & you'll really be disgusted! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: CBC Announcers are the worst. : No, it's VANCOUVER Native Jim Hughston. Did you not hear his enthusiasm in Game 3 rd one Canucks vs Kings? You tube it & you'll really be disgusted! 
    Posted by nitemare-38

Actually, it was Bob Cole calling last night's game.

And Hughson is from Fort St. John, not Vancouver.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

It just sounds like they're going through the motions.  Jack Edwards would be better off doing these games since he freaks out anytime he sees a goal (which I enjoy).  

It would be interesting to hear him talk about how the Kings "Buried the Coyotes like so many desperate people in the desert" or how "Marty Brodeur sold his soul to the real Devil for a shot at another cup" or something else absolutely insane and ridiculous.

Really though, get somebody who's legitimately excited about the Stanley Cup playoffs to at least call the Finals.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

lol, those sound like genuine Jack lines!

It just sounds like they're going through the motions.  Jack Edwards would be better off doing these games since he freaks out anytime he sees a goal (which I enjoy).   It would be interesting to hear him talk about how the Kings "Buried the Coyotes like so many desperate people in the desert" or how "Marty Brodeur sold his soul to the real Devil for a shot at another cup" or something else absolutely insane and ridiculous. Really though, get somebody who's legitimately excited about the Stanley Cup playoffs to at least call the Finals.
    Posted by amazinglarry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks NBC Sports Network trys to emulate TSN/CBC as much as they can when I watch NHL Center Ice. NBC definitely tried too copy the pregame and in-between periods but I still feel TSN/CBC does it much better than NBC and SportsNet. Hot Stove is awesome.

Glenn Healy is terrible and Ray Ferraro talks way too much other than that I like both TSN/CBC. I don't get too watch it as much as Canadians but wish I could for a change of pace.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Me thinks NBC Sports Network trys to emulate TSN/CBC as much as they can when I watch NHL Center Ice. NBC definitely tried too copy the pregame and in-between periods but I still feel TSN/CBC does it much better than NBC and SportsNet. Hot Stove is awesome. Glenn Healy is terrible and Ray Ferraro talks way too much other than that I like both TSN/CBC. I don't get too watch it as much as Canadians but wish I could for a change of pace.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Terrible is too nice of a word.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Bob Cole is a million years old, he was calling dinosaur fights.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Bob Cole is doing pretty bleeping well seeing he died 4 years ago. Hughson blooows too, no matter where he's from.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I agree that do not like CBC abd yes I am Canadian. Bob Cole I never like Toronto home boy when Toronto losing he is out to lunch but winning Mr. Enthuse. Healy I never liked PJ stock is alright in my books. Howie Meeker days used to drive me nuts then Mr. Cherry came in and life was better between periods. The Hot Stove not a big fan of those knobs. Mouthy Mike will stir the pot on purpose just imagine him and Torts having their own between periods show, with Don Cherry in the middle. Let the fight begin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: CBC Announcers are the worst. : Actually, it was Bob Cole calling last night's game. And Hughson is from Fort St. John, not Vancouver.
    Posted by 49-North

LOL! I know just taking a shot! BUT, Jim Hughson has admitted that he's always been a Canucks fan & it shows in his announcing!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Bob Cole is doing pretty bleeping well seeing he died 4 years ago.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

HAHA! 

He reminds me of Pat Summerrall who called this gem.  One of the greatest moments in Super Bowl History and he could be describing a bowl of Cheerios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawwO1moIIE

Sections
Shortcuts