CBC broadcast embarassing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: CBC broadcast embarassing

when did you sprout a whing asmaha? must be hard to try on jackets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'm too pumped about this Stanley Cup run to worry about this gum on the bottom of my shoe. I hear the comments, and just ignore them.

It is going to be glorious next Monday night. PARTY TIME.

M.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I can understand Healy. He is a jack*** & has always hated the Bruins. It probably goes back to his days as a player when he was a huge union guy & Jeremy Jacobs was public enemy # 1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I do not remember the CBC telecast of the series between the Tampa Bay Lightning an the Calgary Flames being so onsidedly biased for the Canadian team .
    In fact they seemed to be in love with Richards, St Louis And Vincent Lecavier.I guess they like to hate the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

RDS isn't much better. If you look on their website, each and every progonisticator (Mario Tremblay among them) picked the Canucks to win the series.

All media outlets in Canada picked the Canucks. All used the same criteria - too much talent and too much depth.

I guess none of them paid any attention to the Bruins during the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

i agree, marchand getting called out for ducking instead of getting plastered into the glass was a joke among many last night.

olczyk: marchand knows whats coming and ducks to avoid it. people can get seriously hurt like that.

guess what, ed, people can get seriously hurt by just standing there waiting to get plowed. granted it was just one of the sedin sisters going for a check, but still.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Versus crew is just bad overall, which means the NBC crew is the same...same people essentially....Emrick could not tell the difference between Shawn Thornton and Johnny Boychuk, and that's just embarrassing...55 and 22 and he can't distinguish the numbers? Emrick is Emrick, he has tired old lines, he constantly uses question marks at the end of a line to prompt his Canadian-biased colormen to talk. It is simply Pro-Canucks, no matter what the B's do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: CBC broadcast embarassing:
    [QUOTE]The Versus crew is just bad overall, which means the NBC crew is the same...same people essentially....Emrick could not tell the difference between Shawn Thornton and Johnny Boychuk, and that's just embarrassing...55 and 22 and he can't distinguish the numbers? Emrick is Emrick, he has tired old lines, he constantly uses question marks at the end of a line to prompt his Canadian-biased colormen to talk. It is simply Pro-Canucks, no matter what the B's do.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 55 and 22. Doc must have had his glasses on upside-down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I use to love Hockey Night in Canada. Fair and enthusiastic it was.
    But the loss of the old theme song was a symbolic moment.
    Its never been the same again.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

Hockey Night in Canada has pretty much turned into a reality show about the Toronto Maple Leafs quest for the cup and struggles along the way. When that's not on, they focus on NHL Powerhouse and uncrowned Stanley Cup Champion Vancouver. I get that it's a Canadian station, but I'd rather just watch a hockey game every Saturday between two good teams. If Washington is playing Philly or Boston I'd rather watch than than say Toronto vs Atlanta.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought the whole sequence was great.  Marchand takes out 2 guys without breaking a sweat and then MCQuaid comes in to protect his back and Canucks start dropping to the ground and covering themselves.

Then Burrows starts playing games with Tim Thomas and Thomas slaps him around. 

And the Canucks didn't do a thing.  They just took it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

The Leaf favortism by Cole and Neal was just as bad, or worse...but it actually made for some funny moments when the Leafs would get shelled or eliminated. Listen to Roenick's 2004 OT goal. The excitement when the Leafs are pressing, and the dispair when Roenick scores. It was as if someone killed their puppy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

On the Greg Brady radio show this morning on CBC, he was ripping the announcers last night for saying the series was "in the ditch", just because the Bruins won.

Last night was the cleanest of the four games.  The Bruins just happened to dominate again.  The Canucks have gotten a lot of mileage in these playoffs from bullying, and often injuring, their opponents.  Shoes happens to be on the other foot with the bullying -- too bad for them.  If people want to say the games are in the ditch just because the Bruins are winning, that's just sour grapes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

We should get some " Let's beat em' in the ditches " t-shirts made up. Could be a money maker !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]RDS isn't much better. If you look on their website, each and every progonisticator (Mario Tremblay among them) picked the Canucks to win the series. All media outlets in Canada picked the Canucks. All used the same criteria - too much talent and too much depth. I guess none of them paid any attention to the Bruins during the year.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Since the B's beat their beloved schabs, you'd think they'd pick the B's. 
    "Only the best team could have beaten the habs."

Obviously they didn't see much of the Bruins this year. I saw about 20 games, and all the playoffs. So I am not surprised that they are where they are at all. 

And we have the BEST GOALIE ON THE PLANET. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfanwest. Show soxfanwest's posts

A lot of these media guys are back peddeling, because none have picked the Bruins to win. Barry Melrose had Vancouver from the start of the playoffs, Jones for versus the same. At least Melrose comes out and says that Vancouver has been out played, when they've been out played. I think Roenick has been pretty even keel for versus.

One of my good friends is from Vancouver and a huge Canucks fan. Even he was pretty "cocky" before that start of the finals. Funny how I haven't received any texts during the last 2 games.  Oh well. GO BRUINS !!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC broadcast embarassing : The best is Marchand, instead of getting hit to the knees by Ehroff ,  sidesteps and in that motion kind of shoves aside Ehroff. CBC  said he clothes-lines him ???   Now he's getting a penalty and the whistle is blown and who comes in to charge Marchand ... a Sedin.  Marchand ducks or he could get hurt even concussed the way the Sedin came charging in. CBC was pathetic. All game (and game3 also) they came up with excuses on why Vancouver was not winning or how the Bruins score lucky goals or what they should do to beat Thomas.  WHO ARE THEY ???  Vancouver's video coaches ??? Then the penalties and I'll be as objective as can be.  If the ref misses one on Boston they'll always point it out. They must have said Boston had too many men on the ice 6x on a play in the 3rd.  What about when Vancouver has too many men ?  What about all the missed calls on Vancouver ?  Seems as if when it comes to Canucks they're walking on eggshells. Except for the guys on NHL on the fly they're lovin' Marchand. They called him the "Wolverine" .  Tenuous ! They've commented on the Bruins in a very positive way. Doug Weight loved him as a player and great post game commentator.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

The TSN panel has given the B's props; but the NHL on the fly group is the only group who said that the B's were playing well since game 1. Love Dougie Weight as a analysts; hope they keep him around. Maybe; he'll replace Eddie Upchuck on the VS & NBC feeds!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

the cbc play by play guys where at one time van play by play for a van, local station ,just like jack was and is for nesn

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Doug Weight is outstanding. He reminds me of a better version of Bill Clement. Insightful, and he fought the other announcers at the table over the severeness of the hit by Rome, and correctly predicted a 4-game suspension while a few of them were saying Rome shouldn't even be suspended. NHL Channel crew sucks, but Weight is saving the broadcasts with his commentary. Would love to see more of Weight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

nitemare and dannycarter, Doug Weight is a class act.  He was as a player and now as an analyst.
    What a gentleman.
    Weight gets it because he's been there on the ice.
    Johnson also on NHL on the Fly should get it as I think he got a concussion himself to end his career. He doesn't and was arguing with Weight that Rome's hit was a hockey play and should not be suspended.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Jim Hughson was the voice of reason after stupid Healy comments...he's trying to show some objectivity.

I got tired of trying to get the wbz radio feed online (aparently not availble in Can?)

I almost sat in my truck to listen to WBZ instead of watching on CBC

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Jim Hughson was the voice of reason after stupid Healy comments...he's trying to show some objectivity. I got tired of trying to get the wbz radio feed online (aparently not availble in Can?) I almost sat in my truck to listen to WBZ instead of watching on CBC
    Posted by HABH8R[/QUOTE]

I tried this a while ago and the problem with the radio feed is the delay.  You'll see a play or goal happen and you'll hear on a delay a few seconds later. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

In Response to CBC broadcast embarassing:

It`s what sells. Bruins got Jacka$$ Edwards `cause he sells in that market. But I can`t see how anyone who watches Edwards can get down on anyone else. He`s the WWF of broadcasting. But it sells! The guy makes Cherry sound unbiased. When he takes up work in Philly, or wherever, he`s gonna bad mouth the B`s like he does the Habs now. It pays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I'd still rather have CBC for Coach's Corner alone.