CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments

Just passing this along.  During tonight's second period segment of HNIC's Hot Stove Lounge in the Leaf-Vancouver game, Eliotte Friedman reported Chiarelli spoke to Thomas this week about making Facebook comments.  He said PC didn't exactly tell him to stop but told him he can't expect to post the kind of comments that he has and not expect people to ask him about them.  Healey threw in his two cents by stating this sort of thing "takes away from team unity and team building." 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: CBC's Eliotte Friendman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments

In Response to CBC's Eliotte Friendman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments:
    [QUOTE]Just passing this along.  During tonight's second period segment of HNIC's Hot Stove Lounge in the Leaf-Vancouver game, Eliotte Friedman reported Chiarelli spoke to Thomas this week about making Facebook comments.  He said PC didn't exactly tell him to stop but told him he can't expect to post the kind of comments that he has and not expect people to ask him about them.  Healey threw in his two cents by stating this sort of thing "takes away from team unity and team building." 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Sorry RHO, but you lost me with this comment. Can not stand Glen "know-it-all" Healy.

From the second he opened his mouth in the first series of the playoffs last year, he should have inserted his foot to keep from sounding like the fool that he is.

My 2 cents worth. And I only repair automobiles

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I can't see how Thomas will remain a Bruin past this season.  He's found a way to p-iss many people off.  It's kind-of sad really.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friendman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments:
    [QUOTE]In Response to CBC's Eliotte Friendman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : Sorry RHO, but you lost me with this comment. Can not stand Glen "know-it-all" Healy. From the second he opened his mouth in the first series of the playoffs last year, he should have inserted his foot to keep from sounding like the fool that he is. My 2 cents worth. And I only repair automobiles
    Posted by LordByron77[/QUOTE]

Healy is Mr. Negative...can't stand him either....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Healy is an idiot pure and simple. I agree he should keep his mouth shut. Milbury and Healy could have their own show call " Close the Trap." We can also have McQuire on the show, and hockey player guess will be the one that never shut up on the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Agree totally with comments indicating Healy's lack of intelligence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friendman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments:
    [QUOTE]In Response to CBC's Eliotte Friendman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : Sorry RHO, but you lost me with this comment. Can not stand Glen "know-it-all" Healy. From the second he opened his mouth in the first series of the playoffs last year, he should have inserted his foot to keep from sounding like the fool that he is. My 2 cents worth. And I only repair automobiles

LB - I agree Healy often sounds like a pompous windbag who does not subscribe to the less-is-more school of colour commentary.  I heard Joe Haggerty being interviewed last night on THE FAN 590's late show also say club brass met with Thomas about it.  Among other things he thought Thomas should pipe down for the overall good of the team.  He put out comments then refused to speak on them which Haggerty said made reporters approach Thomas' teammates for answers. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments

Thanks for the update RichHill.  I kinda suspected this.  I will never have any respect for what comes out of Healey's mouth after the broadcasts last year, even if the comment from Chiarelli is a perfectly reasonable one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Healey threw in his two cents by stating this sort of thing "takes away from team unity and team building."

Can't stop dumb comments coming out of his mouth like he couldn't stop pucks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Healy must've been a court jester in a past life....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Unfortunately, Healy's remarks deflect the discussion from the main point of the piece, which is PC's talk with TT. 

I think PC is taking the proper tack, in that he's not saying "Stop posting comments", which has the potential of opening up a huge free speech can of worms.  Instead, he's saying "if you post comments, don't run away from them later".  Basically putting it on TT that he has to consider the consequences his actions may have upon his teammates, even if the action takes place away from the rink. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunately, Healy's remarks deflect the discussion from the main point of the piece, which is PC's talk with TT.  I think PC is taking the proper tack, in that he's not saying "Stop posting comments", which has the potential of opening up a huge free speech can of worms.  Instead, he's saying "if you post comments, don't run away from them later".  Basically putting it on TT that he has to consider the consequences his actions may have upon his teammates, even if the action takes place away from the rink. 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]
    Your comments about what any Bruin does is as welcome here as Healy's. Especially when you cheer for the city & team you cheer for! Worry about your own back yard!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : Your comments about what any Bruin does is as welcome here as Healy's. Especially when you cheer for the city & team you cheer for! Worry about your own back yard!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Thank you Nite !

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]"Healey threw in his two cents by stating this sort of thing "takes away from team unity and team building." Can't stop dumb comments coming out of his mouth like he couldn't stop pucks!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    LOL SAWEEET DOG!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Healy's two cents are always worthless just like every one of Tukka-Fall's posts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Healy's two cents are always worthless just like every one of Tukka-Fall's posts.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    Who?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Personally I don't know why TT is continuing with the Facebook stuff. Did he all of sudden join Facebook or did the media catch wind of his comments? Was TT vocal about anything contraversal before or has he just started since the White House visit?

PC has done the right thing mentioning to back up or shut up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I don't know why TT is continuing with the Facebook stuff. Did he all of sudden join Facebook or did the media catch wind of his comments? Was TT vocal about anything contraversal before or has he just started since the White House visit? PC has done the right thing mentioning to back up or shut up.
    He's been posting on FB for years! His politics is nothing new. It became a big deal over the White house. The media jumped & we put food on their tables! IMO I think PC has a heck of a lot of other things he should be doing instead of worrying about what a player is posting on his personal face book! Barking up the wrong tree & placing blame on something stupid instead of the real issues!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: CBC's Eliotte Friedman Says PC Spoke To Thomas About Facebook Comments : Your comments about what any Bruin does is as welcome here as Healy's. Especially when you cheer for the city & team you cheer for! Worry about your own back yard!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

What part of my comment, specifically, do you take issue with?  I know you're part of the Timmy Can't Ever Do Anything Wrong Fan Club, so I'm not exactly expecting some sort of objective discussion here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Like everyone else here I'm no fan of Healy but his comments about TT aren't totally off the mark. Sure Timmy's been on Facebook well before all this kicked off but the point is people are noticing now and it seemingly has become a pointless distraction for him and the team .
    Personally I think PC and Neely should be coming down on Thomas a lot harder than they have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why do so many people care about a guy who stops pucks for a living political beleifs are?

Is David Krejci being asked about Tim Thomas' facebook postings the reason he absolutley stinks right now? Oh, it's a distraction. I did not see Eli Manning fazed at all about all the questioins about his brothers future for 2 weeks leading up to the super bowl nor did he seem fazed when asked seceral questions by people in a Darth Vader suit. His teamates seemed fine as well. Wait a minute, do you think Tom Brady being proposed to by several risque dressed women was a distraction and thats why they lost???

C'mon people. Who cares? I guarantee you it's talked about alot more on this forum than it is in the locker room. I don't think Tim Thomas not showing up to White House gave Nathan Horton his concussion. Did his Facebook posting blow out Peverley's knee? Get real..

It's effectin TT's play right now. right. were you thinking that in the shoot out wins versus the Habs and Preds? Looked sharp to me.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Why do so many people care about a guy who stops pucks for a living political beleifs are? Is David Krejci being asked about Tim Thomas' facebook postings the reason he absolutley stinks right now? Oh, it's a distraction. I did not see Eli Manning fazed at all about all the questioins about his brothers future for 2 weeks leading up to the super bowl nor did he seem fazed when asked seceral questions by people in a Darth Vader suit. His teamates seemed fine as well. Wait a minute, do you think Tom Brady being proposed to by several risque dressed women was a distraction and thats why they lost??? C'mon people. Who cares? I guarantee you it's talked about alot more on this forum than it is in the locker room. I don't think Tim Thomas not showing up to White House gave Nathan Horton his concussion. Did his Facebook posting blow out Peverley's knee? Get real.. It's effectin TT's play right now. right. were you thinking that in the shoot out wins versus the Habs and Preds? Looked sharp to me.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

kel - Good points all.  I say just show up ready for the games and help the team win.  Full stop.