Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team!

No disrespect to American Bruins fans.

NL - Ryder
    PEI - McQuaid
    NS - Marchand
    ON- Campbell, Horton, Kelly, Paille, Peverley, Seguin, Thornton (Julien, Jarvis, Ward, Chiarelli)
    MB - Hnidy
    AB- Ference, Boychuk (Houda, Benning)
    BC - Lucic, Recchi (Neely)
    SK - none, but Boychuk and Hnidy did play their junior hockey there.
    NB - none, but Bergeron played his junior hockey there. (Don Sweeney)

All ten province covered and spoken for.

This may be the most represented team for Canadian provinces in the history of the Stanley Cup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team!

Furthermore:

5 other countries represented:

SVK - Chara
    CZE - Kaberle, Krejci
    DEU - Seidenberg
    FIN - Rask
    USA - Thomas, Kampfer

Total of six countries represented. Must also be a record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Canucks had players from only 4 provinces: ON, QC, SK, and AB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I"you can't win the cup with Swedes"-Don Cherry!!!!!!!!!!n Response to Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team!:
    No disrespect to American Bruins fans. NL - Ryder PEI - McQuaid NS - Marchand ON- Campbell, Horton, Kelly, Paille, Peverley, Seguin, Thornton (Julien, Jarvis, Ward, Chiarelli) MB - Hnidy AB- Ference, Boychuk (Houda, Benning) BC - Lucic, Recchi (Neely) SK - none, but Boychuk and Hnidy did play their junior hockey there. NB - none, but Bergeron played his junior hockey there. (Don Sweeney) All ten province covered and spoken for. This may be the most represented team for Canadian provinces in the history of the Stanley Cup.
    Posted by Wheatskins

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And they are paid in US Dollars to live and play in the USA.

Top Goaltender:  Not Canadian

Top Defenseman:  Not Canadian

Points Leader:  Not Canadian

They are Boston's Team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team!:
    And they are paid in US Dollars to live and play in the USA. Top Goaltender:  Not Canadian Top Defenseman:  Not Canadian Points Leader:  Not Canadian They are Boston's Team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

They are Boston's team. I wouldn't want it any other way.

The post was to point out the erronious Canadian concept that was perpetrated by the Canadian media that Vancouver was Canada's team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

They are Boston's Team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Exactly.  This isn't the World's or the Olympics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team! : They are Boston's team. I wouldn't want it any other way. The post was to point out the erronious Canadian concept that was perpetrated by the Canadian media that Vancouver was Canada's team.
    Posted by Wheatskins

I know what you meant Wheat. I don't know why NAS is so anti- Canadian; but whatever. I got your point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team! : I know what you meant Wheat. I don't know why NAS is so anti- Canadian; but whatever. I got your point.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I am not anti-Canadian.  I dislike when Canadians pull the "It's Our Game" and the "most of the players on YOUR team come from OUR country" bs that we hear all the time.  I have many Canadian friends and have spent many vacations short and long in Canada.

More people in Canada (per capita) might play hockey, but the world's #1 league is US based.  With Winnepeg getting a team, the percentage of Canadian NHL teams is lower (23%) than it was when the Original 6 were on the ice (33%). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team! : I am not anti-Canadian.  I dislike when Canadians pull the "It's Our Game" and the "most of the players on YOUR team come from OUR country" bs that we hear all the time.  I have many Canadian friends and have spent many vacations short and long in Canada. More people in Canada (per capita) might play hockey, but the world's #1 league is US based.  With Winnepeg getting a team, the percentage of Canadian NHL teams is lower (23%) than it was when the Original 6 were on the ice (33%). 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

US based with the vast majority of the league represented by Canadian players.  Try having an american players only league in the US and see how it goes.  There would be no league in the US without Canadian players.  I don't like this amercican-canadian debate either.  The BOSTON Bruins are Bostons team.  But this doesnt mean only Boston area people can cheer for them.  But as the NFL and Baseball are the US national past times.  Canada is completely hockey.  I don't think this takes anything away from the US and how they enjoy their teams. 
    No get along with your Canadian cousins.  And realize 17 names are canadian.  And bow down to Thorton who is your rep.   :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I do get along with my Canadian cousins!  I'm hoping to be up there in Halifax to meet some of you malooks for dinner and catch the pricey pre-season game.

And then I'll come back to the USA and watch regular season games in Boston.

And we'll laugh.

USA USA USA!!!

(Fletcher smells)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]And they are paid in US Dollars to live and play in the USA. Top Goaltender:  Not Canadian Top Defenseman:  Not Canadian Points Leader:  Not Canadian They are Boston's Team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Points leader was Cdn (tied with DK)
    Goal leader was from BC....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I have many Canadian friends and have spent many vacations short and long in Canada.More people in Canada (per capita) might play hockey, but the world's #1 league is US based."

Gotta agree with NAS here and oh Nite, Shup and Wheat U smell like Canadian beer :sarcasm: LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team! : I am not anti-Canadian.  I dislike when Canadians pull the "It's Our Game" and the "most of the players on YOUR team come from OUR country" bs that we hear all the time.  I have many Canadian friends and have spent many vacations short and long in Canada. More people in Canada (per capita) might play hockey, but the world's #1 league is US based.  With Winnepeg getting a team, the percentage of Canadian NHL teams is lower (23%) than it was when the Original 6 were on the ice (33%). 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

No: I hear ya on that buddy; but if you would've heard the cbc & all of the city papers it was pretty disgusting! Scotiabank commericals going on about 4 more wins; 3 more wins....during every game. Us Canadians who were cheering for the B's felt in our hearts that the Bruins were playing the game the Canadian way; moreso than the Canucks. Usually in this instance; I now say the North American way because the US certainly plays with the same grit! However; with the media trying to shove the Canucks down our throats with their "cheer for Canada's team" garbage' The Canadian people who were cheering for the Bruins adopted them as Canada's team because they felt that the B's way of playing was a heck of lot more Canadian then the lame A$s Canucks. Does that help clarify the situation?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

What I get peeved about, out here in Oil sucking, Flame dousing Alberta, is why don't you cheer for a Canadian team ?

I point out that I choose Boston when there were only 6 teams, and it was so yesterday to cheer for Toronto and what Sask kid would cheer for a forgiener ?

Besides, Boston was in last place then and they needed some cheering !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Viva Boston! Viva Boston Bruins - Stanley Cup Champs!

No matter where they're from as soon as a player puts on a Bruin jersey, they are on my side.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Viva La Stool !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Canada has spawned the NHL. The USA has nurtured and grown some very successful teams, once the Habs stranglehold was broken. Now the league is the best and has integrated a number of international players. The real point is that this Bruins team played the game the way it originated, and the Canucks played as their "Swedish influence"[ hooray Don Cherry] dictated.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"I have many Canadian friends and have spent many vacations short and long in Canada.More people in Canada (per capita) might play hockey, but the world's #1 league is US based." Gotta agree with NAS here and oh Nite, Shup and Wheat U smell like Canadian beer :sarcasm: LOL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

The Canadian Beer that is 6%, not that stuff you americans call beer with 3%.  Go drink some wine, put on your cut off jean shorts,crank John Cougar in your 57 chev you California dreamer.  :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team! : The Canadian Beer that is 6%, not that stuff you americans call beer with 3%.  Go drink some wine, put on your cut off jean shorts,crank John Cougar in your 57 chev you California dreamer.  :-)
    Posted by shuperman

Can I have apple pie and McDonalds too?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

The team is a byproduct of culture - the culture drove GM choices - the culture drove the style of play - the culture is uniquely Boston.  Before all those guys came to Boston, they were a part of a pool of talented hockey players - when they came to Boston, they became Bruins. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

"I have many Canadian friends and have spent many vacations short and long in Canada.More people in Canada (per capita) might play hockey, but the world's #1 league is US based." Gotta agree with NAS here and oh Nite, Shup and Wheat U smell like Canadian beer :sarcasm: LOL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yes & what an aroma that is EH?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Aren't they called the Boston Bruins?  Isn't Boston in America?  I think that pretty much solves that.  Sorry but just because they have Canadian players doesn't mean it is Canada's Team.  I'm pretty sure you could say that for a majority of teams in hockey.  They are Boston's team indeed!  And they play Boston style hockey!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

In Response to Re: Champ Bruins really are Canada's Team! : No: I hear ya on that buddy; but if you would've heard the cbc & all of the city papers it was pretty disgusting! Scotiabank commericals going on about 4 more wins; 3 more wins....during every game. Us Canadians who were cheering for the B's felt in our hearts that the Bruins were playing the game the Canadian way; moreso than the Canucks. Usually in this instance; I now say the North American way because the US certainly plays with the same grit! However; with the media trying to shove the Canucks down our throats with their "cheer for Canada's team" garbage' The Canadian people who were cheering for the Bruins adopted them as Canada's team because they felt that the B's way of playing was a heck of lot more Canadian then the lame A$s Canucks. Does that help clarify the situation?
    Posted by nitemare-38

This is so true! Thank you for posting this.
    I live in Winnipeg and it was worse here becuse the Moose were the Canucks Farm Team. Alot of the Canuck/moose fans were not even born when the Jets played the Hated Canucks, Flames Oilers etc. They are all brainwshed to be Canuck Fans. I cheered and will Cheer for the Jets or whatever they are called EXCEPT when they play the Bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Nationalism from two countries that were founded by refugees and landowners is pretty foolish to me. Unless you're Native American, I think the nationalism is pretty stupid. Plus Canada and America have been two brothers since the war of 1812.

As a result, I have no problem with people and media in Canada favoring the Canadian team as who cares where the players are from, not I. Plus when you start talking national pride onm players nationality you come close to the line between nationalism and racism. I steer away from that line and root for the home team, don't care where the players grew up.

Sections
Shortcuts