Changes that MUST be made!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Changes that MUST be made!

Trade Kelly for cap room.  Maybe move Boychuck or McQuaid for the same reason.  That's it.

Not unlike 2011, the Bruins were pushed to 7 games and 1 goal with the Canadiens.  That time they came out on top by one goal, this time they came out a goal short.  Easy come, easy go.  There is no doubt in my mind that this team is measurably superior to the 2011 squad. but Montreal was also better and the Bruins had a slight weakness on D without Seidenberg.

Talk of certain players (Rask, Chara, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, etc) coming up short is ridiculous.  Those are outstanding players.  Bartowski had a weak series, no doubt.  I felt the reffing in game 3 and 7 was slightly bias, but that happens.  Chara and Rask were less than elite overall in the second round, but are still perhaps the very best at their positions.  The Bruins hit the post 11 times, and not just glancing nicks that had they been any more centered would have been saved by price; there were numerous shots that beat Price cleanly but just missed their mark by an inch.

The habs speed advantage was highly over-rated; but the Canadiens did use their strengths well and pressured the slower-thinking young blueliners effectively.  The Bruins go-to reset of a D-to-D pass in their own end was frequently picked off due to hab pressure.  The Canadiens avoided receiving hits well and didn't get into an emotional game.  Well played.

But there is no doubt that Boston is a superior team.  They utterly dominated for long stretches of games and in some ways deserved a better fate.  A few poor games by the Bruins, great strategy by the Canadiens, a dozen near-misses and a few questionable calls means that the Bruins came up short by one goal...but that's hockey, winning the Cup takes some good bounces now and then.

Going forward the Bruins core is young.  We should see Krug, Soderberg and Smith become even finer players this coming season.  Hamilton looks ready to be an elite defender, perhaps as early as next season, negating any downturn in Chara's game - which is still great.  A healthy Seidenberg would be a rock in the second pair.  Fraser looked much better than earlier in the season and could be a nice fit on the third line.  Free up the cap space to keep everyone, learn from the mistakes against the habs and move forward knowing that with a little extra effort the Bruins could have been on the way to a second cup this year.  

Make it happen in '15.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Changes that MUST be made!

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope chiareli Claude lucic krejci marchand and chara are not back but it will never happen.

[/QUOTE]

You're right.  Maybe you should find a different team?

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Move Boychuk? Not in a million years. His presence is one of the team's strengths.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Boychuk is good, but if he is part of a Jack Johnson type deal you have to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Hey Oatescam you claim marchand is outstanding.

I guess you missed this years layoffs-lol

marchit has to go

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Move Boychuk? Not in a million years. His presence is one of the team's strengths.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  I really like Boychuck.  I say it only as a maybe that either him or McQuaid might not be back due to numbers/cap.  They only need 3 of them + Miller and Hamilton.  Miller is cheap and Dougie is a corner stone.  Bartowski could also be gone.  They won't keep 8 proven D.  At least one will go.  Boychuck only if they need cap space.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:
[QUOTE]
    Trade Kelly for cap room.  Maybe move Boychuck or McQuaid for the same reason.  That's it.
    Not unlike 2011, the Bruins were pushed to 7 games and 1 goal with the Canadiens.  That time they came out on top by one goal, this time they came out a goal short.  Easy come, easy go.  There is no doubt in my mind that this team is measurably superior to the 2011 squad. but Montreal was also better and the Bruins had a slight weakness on D without Seidenberg.
    Talk of certain players (Rask, Chara, Krejci, Lucic, Marchand, etc) coming up short is ridiculous.  Those are outstanding players.  Bartowski had a weak series, no doubt.  I felt the reffing in game 3 and 7 was slightly bias, but that happens.  Chara and Rask were less than elite overall in the second round, but are still perhaps the very best at their positions.  The Bruins hit the post 11 times, and not just glancing nicks that had they been any more centered would have been saved by price; there were numerous shots that beat Price cleanly but just missed their mark by an inch.
    The habs speed advantage was highly over-rated; but the Canadiens did use their strengths well and pressured the slower-thinking young blueliners effectively.  The Bruins go-to reset of a D-to-D pass in their own end was frequently picked off due to hab pressure.  The Canadiens avoided receiving hits well and didn't get into an emotional game.  Well played.
    But there is no doubt that Boston is a superior team.  They utterly dominated for long stretches of games and in some ways deserved a better fate.  A few poor games by the Bruins, great strategy by the Canadiens, a dozen near-misses and a few questionable calls means that the Bruins came up short by one goal...but that's hockey, winning the Cup takes some good bounces now and then.
    Going forward the Bruins core is young.  We should see Krug, Soderberg and Smith become even finer players this coming season.  Hamilton looks ready to be an elite defender, perhaps as early as next season, negating any downturn in Chara's game - which is still great.  A healthy Seidenberg would be a rock in the second pair.  Fraser looked much better than earlier in the season and could be a nice fit on the third line.  Free up the cap space to keep everyone, learn from the mistakes against the habs and move forward knowing that with a little extra effort the Bruins could have been on the way to a second cup this year.  
    Make it happen in '15.
    [/QUOTE]
    Who is going to take Kelly's $3.5M contract. Boychuk was your second best d-man in this series and he is the one you want to get rid of?
    If the Bruins were measurable superior to the 2011 squad, why did it even go seven games? The B's simply did not show up in Game 6.
    Chara and Rask are not the best at their positions. Subban and Price outplayed them in the series plain and simple. Rask is still inconsistent. I think he may be a great NHL goaltender, but he is not there yet. His team needed him to take over a couple of games in this series and he could not do it. His numbers were way down from the regular season. Elite goalies get better in the playoffs. Chara be out on on the ice for 27 minutes a game the way he was in 2011.
    The Bruins were dominated just as much as the dominate the play. Game 1 is the only one where you could say the Bruins outplayed the Habs but lost.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think playoff hockey proved to be too much for Miller and Bartkowski. I think Warsofsky would have been a better option.

I would love to see Kelly centering the fourth line over Campbell, but I'm not sure you can have a fourth line center making that much. I' d be shocked if they were able to trade him, if he is not in their plans I'm thinking a buyout is more likely.

Would like to see them re-sign Iginla, and keep the top 6 intact.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think playoff hockey proved to be too much for Miller and Bartkowski. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I also think playoff hockey proved to be too much for some of the "adults" here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think playoff hockey proved to be too much for Miller and Bartkowski. I think Warsofsky would have been a better option.

I would love to see Kelly centering the fourth line over Campbell, but I'm not sure you can have a fourth line center making that much. I' d be shocked if they were able to trade him, if he is not in their plans I'm thinking a buyout is more likely.

Would like to see them re-sign Iginla, and keep the top 6 intact.

[/QUOTE]

Kel, I really do think PC could get some kind of trade for Kelly to a team like NYI or EDM who need a veteran presence and have the cap space. It may be  a "future considerations" type deal ( a la TT) but I think there is a market for what he brings.....limited though it may be.

I agree though, Kelly is a better option over Campbell if not for the price tag.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think Kelly is tradeable. Even if the Bruins have to eat a bit of salary, which is allowed now. That's better than a buyout. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kelly has value as a defensive centre, even at that price.  Bartkowski is gone.  McQuaid will push Miller down to the 7 slot.  Chara-Hamilton, Boychuk-Seidenberg, Krug-McQuaid.  Though yes, Boychuk is vulnerable if they need more cap flexibility.  Marchand may be as well if they decide they've had enough.

Funnily enough, the 3rd line LW is still an issue.  Didn't seem like it would be, did it?

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Who knows what's going through Chiarelli's head at the moment. I havent heard any pressers yet if there have been any... Im still in "wtf-cooldown" mode. But Im sure he will speak to what's on his mind regarding performance/adjustments that need to be made. One thing he (Chiarelli) has been is proactive in regards to trying to improve the team. And now the "window" is one year more closed.

Im not sure what the answer is: strangely though, I didn't think the 1st line or the lack of a real 6th defenseman would have played such a pivotal factor in ending the season.

Lets GO BRUINS!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Johnny Boy isn't going anywhere unless another top four d-man is coming back....  i think McQuaid & Bartkowski will be moved....

yes Miller looked out of place, but so did some vets....

up front, regulars who might not return are Kelly & Eriksson....  i'm sure PC didn't expect to see the Swede playing on the third line all season....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I think Bart will be odd man out and Miller will become the 7th D-man.  I know Iginla had 30 but I don't believe he'll be back.  I think Loui will take his spot and Kelly will take Loui's spot on the 3rd line.  I gotta believe Thornton is a goner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont think you blow anything up.  Boychuk and Chara were only vets on defense.  No mcq, seidz ference.  Thats a lot especially in the playoffs.  

Our depth of 3-4 lines also are something that can be fixed.  No need at all for ST to return.  I want a hockey player.  Im not blaming him but prust weise briere much better then our 4th line.    

I want Iggy back.   I will say i thought he looked slow.  And i love him as a player.   But i do want him back.  I just dont know if we can get him signed.   Our cap bonuses are gonna hurt us.  Add 5 million for iggy krug bonuses.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

One thing I would like to see is replacing Thornton with that Briere, Satan,Recchi type on the 4th line. One of those proven players who has a little more gas left in the tank for one more run.  You might need an enforcer there for the regular season, but like I said at the deadline, replace him with the guy whose at the end of his career who can chip in with the big goal. Enforcers are for the most part useless come playoff time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Kane (Whatever Red!)
    Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
    LouI-Soderberg-Silfverberg/Smith-Pelly (after I spike Murray's draft day coffee)
    Paille-Campbell-Florek

Fraser

Chara-Hamilton
    Boychuk-Seidenberg
    McQuaid-Krug

Miller

Rask
    Svedberg

Savard on LTIR leaves $1.25M under the cap.

Dream a little dream after the Mr. Sandman sprinkles ping pong dust...

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Game 6 & 7 aside, I thought Miller played very well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought Miller was great from the time he entered the line-up - a big and pleasant surprise - he picked a bad time though to have two of his worst games back to back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought Miller was great from the time he entered the line-up - a big and pleasant surprise - he picked a bad time though to have two of his worst games back to back.

[/QUOTE]

But which Bruin played well in Games 6 & 7 ???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Campbell, Caron, Thornton are OUT, Chara has a non trade clause ...unless he accepts to remove it we cant trade him ...too bad..

Iginla at $3.5mm fine nothing more

March could be traded with a D 

PC must go .....Bergevin in Montreal did not hesitate a second to bench Murray and recall Beaulieu from the AHL ...more speed more talent , Beaulieu got an assist at his 1st game against the B's 

PC should have known that we didnt need Thornton in this series (no fight) we needed talent and speed therefore CJ was playing its 4th line 3-5 mins a game meanwhile our first 3 lines suffered from that , exhausted in the 7th game ...this is a beginner mistake and should not happen in the NHL in the playoffs ....no excuse, unacceptable Sorry Mr PC ...here I come

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Stanley, I think PC is emailing you right now!