1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

Dottie,

I would like a response to the following question.  I want it to be here, out in the open for everyone to see and understand.

Why hasn't the account for user_4416190 been banned/deleted?

I look forward to reading the answer.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I see that he posted something but it doesn't show the actual post. Is everyone else getting the same thing?

NAS is right, if he were banned or his account deleted how is he still bumping up threads even though they can't be read.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's finally gone. After a year and a half, is nitpicking necessary?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75s comment:

He's finally gone. After a year and a half, is nitpicking necessary?

Maybe you haven't been seeing all of the dug up old threads. 

Now, it's almost worse.  It's like he's Jacob "Null" Marley.  Can't see a word written by him, yet his annoyance is still front and center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Dottie,

I would like a response to the following question.  I want it to be here, out in the open for everyone to see and understand.

Why hasn't the account for user_4416190 been banned/deleted?

I look forward to reading the answer.

I would also like to know the answer.

He is here to antagonize and attack the forum as a whole.

He's playing a game.  

If the attacks were upon the individual user he would be banned instantly.

Rather he attacks the group as a whole and this is permitted.

(the group as a whole: defined as HOCKEY fans, regardless of team affiliation)
    (note that fans of other teams such as Vancouver and even arch-rival Montreal (49-North and Kennedy) do not antagonize the group as a whole)

Why?

Why is this user permitted to do this?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It looks like there are reasonable threads to respond to out there.

re: the CBA, 1st round picks & etc.

Why am I not going to respond to those posts?

Because too many old threads have been brought to the forefront by  user_4416190 and this is a distraction and I wonder if I respond to the posts if they will ever be seen because they will be buried by  user_4416190

I
     am totally disgusted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The banned words are still causing problems as you apparently can't have a sequence with a dash and then an "S".  Hard for me to describe since I can't type it.

Frustrating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Dear Mr Dottie,

how can you fix this troll like practice.  See below the example of a thread , troll  user_4416190  keeps resurrecting old threads and then deletes his or hers comment but this thread is now active . It's flooding the forum with spam like, non-factor discussions.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/for-null/100/6275369?page=3

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

He's not deleting his posts - BDCDottie has eliminated the ability of any of us to see null's posts. He can be seen when he posts, but he can't be heard. And I don't think he realizes it yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

You guys do know that even after becoming banned that there are multiple ways to get back on here, right? If this person is really that dedicated to trolling these forums a simple ban isn't going to stop them. People seem to lose sight of the fact that these are free forums and go from making and providing good solid feedback, to making all sorts of demands and being overly critical of the change that occured - before they even really had a chance to fix things.

Once again what it all boils down to is pretend they DON'T EXIST.

Don't respond to the posts.
    Don't start threads about them.
    Don't talk about them.
    Don't put them in your sig line.
    Don't demand over and over for them to be banned.

Doing any of the above is a win for them, and will keep them around - and really that is that. They will NEVER go away, and if one does - another will take his or her place. Save yourself frustration and just accept the trolls existence and continue to talk the Bruin's talk.

Agree, disagree, whatever you want. But what I said above is the fact of the matter, and it's never going to change.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but I believe you've missed the point.

The offensive user has been banned, but not completely and that's what people are saying.

Congrats to BDCDottie for stepping up to control the troll population.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Red
    I believe he realizes it, it's the only way he can antagonize people and that's his mission in life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I don't think anyone would disagree with you, but I believe you've missed the point.

The offensive user has been banned, but not completely and that's what people are saying.

Congrats to BDCDottie for stepping up to control the troll population.

I understand BH, I'm talking more in a general sense assuming either he will be back, or when a new troll comes around. But he certainly won't be missed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to red75 comment:

He's not deleting his posts - BDCDottie has eliminated the ability of any of us to see null's posts. He can be seen when he posts, but he can't be heard. And I don't think he realizes it yet.

Now if they can figure out not having "it" resurrect old threads.
    With the old format when they banned a user the only way you could see if he/she posted was on the homepage and any post would not effect the order of a thread and /or forum.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm aware that this will be ironic, but... Can we stop talking about how great it is not to have null/user #[prison i.d.] on the board?  Matt's point above can be taken a step further - no one needs an account to read these posts, and I don't have to tell anyone that that kind of person is exulting in all this confirmation that the antics were having their desired effect.  I'm sure these frustrated comments only drive the new strategies to annoy the board.

He's over.  The sooner we forget, the better.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Troll aside, theres still some stuff that needs to be fixed.

1. Can we get the most recent thread to be commented on back to the top?

2. How about are sig lines and profiles?

3. Can't insert pics.

4. Basically, get it back to the way it was, I see zero enhancement to this site.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kel,

I don't think the idea was actually enhancements.  Clearly none are here, and none have even been mentioned.

I'm guessing something went south with the previous provider of content and they quickly tried to replicate it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

response to "trolls" also a problem but something BDC cannot fix.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

To those posters who said they kind of liked tuuka-fail, he's null. To my knowedge Dottie's only banned the one IP that we asked for, null's. Tuuka-fail tried to post in this thread and it come in the same invisible fashion as null's do now.

They're the same troll.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75s comment:

To those posters who said they kind of liked tuuka-fail, he's null. To my knowedge Dottie's only banned the one IP that we asked for, null's. Tuuka-fail tried to post in this thread and it come in the same invisible fashion as null's do now.

They're the same troll.

I'm not so sure.  I think tuukkafail got reported too, in the climate of cleaning up trolls.  null isn't creative enough for that...

Sections
Shortcuts