1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

The fact remains the number who read but not post are many.  So if BDC maintains the current state of affairs they will lose more than just the regular posters, they will lose a connection to the new medium, posters are rendered "space waste" at this point.   Oh well maybe time to change and move on, I think my elementary experience as a poster needs to end, time to just read and learn elsewhere.  Better yet get back in snowshoeing hoping the winter last in not to be repeated here in NE.

BTW, the hockey coverage at BDC is deplorable compared to the Patriots and Red Suckss, even the Celtics get more coverage on their draft picks than the Bs.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Isla,

Dyin' is easy.  It's living that's hard!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And now we can finally post again. What happened there?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

NAS, yup, nothing like the land of milk and honey to understand the complexity of BDC.  Hey BDC, what time is it? Ha

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The flurry of changes ( nothing ) to this forum has my head spinning since I was last on BDC . Brad Marsh was slow. BDC, you are slower.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Chowda, it's slow, but headed in the right direction.

BDC Dottie

It appears that banned posters can start new discussions, but their posts are not viewable.

I think they can't bump old threads, at least that much is good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I'm glad BDC doesn't do tech work for my company.  How long does it take to put back a preexisting feature such as "edit post" ?!?  With all due respect BadHabitude, why do we even need posts like yours to tell them that "banned posters can start new discussions".  You would think (or at least hope) that the techies behind this site would go over such basic shortcomings OR at least quickly rectify them.  It was a mistake for BDC to roll out this new platform when in it was clearly not ready.  I am locking them out. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dottie, it's clear you have some kinks left to work out. First off though, you might want to look into how a banned poster is still able to spam the board with countless front page titles of threads nobody can (or wants) read. I can appreciate your effort to improve the board but the results so far hav been dismal. I don't envy your position and sincerely hope things get easier for you sooner than later. Cheers!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuII. Show nuII's posts

A message of amends.

Now, I am not a stand-up comic. Stand up comics have volumes of time-tested material for every and all occasions. I, unfortunately, do not. However, I’ve done a far amount of public speaking and emceeing over the years so I do have a scattered bit, here and there.

It is not that we can’t laugh at and with each other. It is not a question of oversensitivity. The problem is that today, as I write this, young men and women whose behaviors, choices or attitudes are not deemed “man enough” or “normal” are being subjected to all kinds of abuse from verbal to physical to societal. They are being demeaned and threatened because they don’t fit the group’s idea of what a “real man” or a “real woman” are supposed to look like, act like and feel like.

For these people, my building a joke upon the premise I did added to the pejorative stereotype that they are forced to deal with everyday. It is at the very heart of this whole ugly world of bullying that has been getting rightful and overdue attention in the media. And with my well-intentioned comedy bit, I played right into those hurtful assumptions and diminishments.

And the worst part is – I should know better. My daily life is filled with hockey fans, both socially and professionally. I am profoundly aware of the challenges these friends of mine face and I have openly advocated on their behalf. Plus, in my own small way, I have lived some of their experience. Growing up in the ‘70’s in a town that revered it’s school sports and athletes, I was quite the outsider listening to my musical theater albums, studying voice and dance and spending all my free time on the stage. Many of the same taunts and jeers and attitudes leveled at hockey players were thrown at me and on occasion I too was met with violence or the threat of violence.

So one might think that all these years later I might be able to intuit that my little "Gregory's daddy" routine could make some person who has already been made to feel alien and outcast feel even worse or add to the conditions that create their alienation. But in this instance, I did not make the connection. I didn’t get it.

So, I would like to say – I now get it. And to the extent that these jokes made anyone feel even more isolated or misunderstood or just plain hurt – please know that was not my intention, at all or ever. I hope we will someday live in a society where we are so accepting of each other that we can all laugh at jokes like these and know that there is no malice or diminishment intended.

But we are not there yet.

So, I can only apologize and I do. In comedy, timing is everything. And when a group of people are still fighting so hard for understanding, acceptance, dignity and essential rights – the time for some kinds of laughs has not yet come. I hope my realization brings some comfort.

Please forgive me.

- null

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

What the hell?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My response to the apology is first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbUF58Xh6TE&feature

My second response is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZ5GpcG4sc

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

What the??? If you mean that, then stop spamming the board and LEAVE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

nevermind

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

nevermind

[/QUOTE]

just go with it.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I love it.  He responds to this thread. Even tho no one can read his post.

What a tool!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What did you say Fredo?  I think it was something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYabrQrXt4A

Yah, you're smart.  Not like everybody says.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nuII. Show nuII's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to nuII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

[/QUOTE]

Quite true.  It is just a game.

But it is still annoying when a drunk fan heckles you.

Then it's no longer a game.

It's personal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hey Badhab, does slow mean not changed one bit ? Because that's what's happened since the last time I was on here.

Sections
Shortcuts