1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Changes to forums and comments

When you hit reply to a post, a half a page shows up on top of your post. It looks like everyone's replying to Bookboy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

The new changes "blow" !   As does the NHL strike....I've watched a few WHL games on Shaw. Kamloops looks good as do the Hitman. My Blades though are struggling.....They get an automatic bye into the Memorial Cup as they are the hosts this year. That will mark only the 2nd time the Blades have made it to the Memorial Cup, the other was when they hosted the tournament back in 82 ( i think). When you look at he Blades playoff record you would have to think that Saskatoon is the worst run junior hockey club in Canada. I swear the only time they had a really good club was back in around 77 when they had Pat Price, Dave Lewis, Orest Kinderchuck, and a handfull of NHLer's. And they got beat by Punch McLean and his Big Bad Bruins that featured a big defenceman by the name of Barry "Beck. I remember there whole team where monsters. Enough of the memory lane rant. Oh. By the way. This new format still "blows"...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

When you hit reply to a post, a half a page shows up on top of your post. It looks like everyone's replying to Bookboy.

[/QUOTE]

Correct Chowda!  It is so annoying.  One it is difficult to find the response at the bottom of the post. Two, the word [/QUOTE] does get a bit redundant.  

Where has the delete button gone?  The reform seems to have stopped sometime in October.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

How about we just go ahead and take this thread off the top of the board now?

You know, since BDC asked for input 3 months ago and then never responded in any way whatsoever to people's many helpful posts and suggestions.

No need for this to continue to be at the top of the board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about we just go ahead and take this thread off the top of the board now?

You know, since BDC asked for input 3 months ago and then never responded in any way whatsoever to people's many helpful posts and suggestions.

No need for this to continue to be at the top of the board.

[/QUOTE]

Be patient, they have their best people on it. Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels' movie buffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Master Po has grasshopper's good intentions in mind, meanwhile back at the ranch (mixed metaphor), BDC has limited hands to corral the "bull" shittt.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They don't care and it's free.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Something we are all finding out. But why post a thread saying that they're doing x,y and z then disappear never to reply or do any of those things on your own web site ? 

It would have been better if they had posted "this is the way it's going to be. Like it or lump it".

Posting the way they did brings false hopes of change for the better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then why ask for feedback?  That's the annoying part.  I was dumb enough to take the time to offer up some suggestions and believe that there might actually be some follow-up, as was stated.

Now, they should just remove the thread from the top of the board.  I agree with Chowdah that it would have been better if they said "this is it -- don't bother commenting, we won't read it."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well they just made one change - now when I get on this page I don't see Mass. ads anymore, I see Vancouver ads. Set up an IP detecting software to tailor their ads for increased revenue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just checked on the crybabies (Red Sox forum) and found this.  I guess things are the same everywhere you go.

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"All I want to say, Dottie, is that I think the forum is improving overall...I think the nastiness level has gone down significantly, and the actual forum software has gotten better!"

One reason the nastiness has gone down is the forum posts are no longer featured anywhere so it's almost impossible for anyone new to find the forums. So, when troublemakers leave they are basically not replaced. 

I'm sure you are not arguing that the lack of an ignore feature and the completely wacky "reply" function, not to mention repeat post malfunctions, is a sign of improving forum software?

[/QUOTE]

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bring back spell check and make it mandatory for all posts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bring back spell check and make it mandatory for all posts.

[/QUOTE]

Post of the month!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bump, someone please saying something on here to illiminate me name on the poster board, or just maybe BDC should drop this thread!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Please allow a link to the last post read! Tired of having to scroll through ALL posts to continue on reading the topic

Am I asking too much??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The following change makes up for all lost features:

"This post has been removed."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

............for those who had to make regular trips to their psychologist when it wasn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

............for those who had to make regular trips to their psychologist when it wasn't.

[/QUOTE]

Guys, two posters have had their posts removed and replaced with that - GregorysDaddy (aka null) and lucdufour. Am I being paranoid to think they're one in the same and they've both been blocked because of a shared IP? Dottie, care to answer?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Red,

Luc Dufour?  Are you sure?  Because I'm sure that TuukaFall has been scratched.  As you can see my post above "make spell check mandatory" was in response to TuukaFall and that was the preceding post.  I don't recall Luc Dufour being nasty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Conspiracy nuts drive me to the brink, what can I say?

If it's in the woods and they can't explain it, it's a bigfoot for sure.

If it's in the sky, it's a UFO.

And null went a step beyond that because his conspiracy was even nuttier than any of those.

So demented in so many ways.  We had simple nepotism with the Campbells.  Then he has certain members of the NHLOA who are corrupt.  And then it's actually NBC who really orchestrates everything.  And somehow all these parts work together to produce the results someone wants.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

Folks, here's our development schedule:

PHASE 2 - Fixes and restoration

IN PROGRESS             

Comments: Refactor / BCOM-8899 / In QA

Forums: Gold stars for last read post / BCOM-8414 / In QA

Profiles: Avatars / BCOM-9081 / In QA

Forums: Fix [QUOTE] in post replies / BCOM-8538

Forums: Ignore this user / BCOM-7967

Forums: Editing tools for comment box / BCOM-8251

Admin: Provide access to bad words filter / BCOM-7999

Regi: Screen names with regi ID number / BCOM-8281

Comments: Add headers to comments and FB teases / BCOM-9544

NEXT

1 Comments: BG.com close comments on articles / BGLOBE-2738

2 Comments: Unregistered or logged out user tools / BCOM-7605

3 Comments: Fix look of Report Abuse box in Methode / BCOM-8267

4 Forums: Discussion widgets for section fronts / BCOM-8341

5 Forums: Polls / BCOM-8287

6 Forums: Signatures with editing tools / BCOM-9554

7 Forums: Subscribe to discussions / BCOM-8292

8 Forums: Search box  / BCOM-7949

9 Profiles: Comments links don't go to comment

10 Profiles: Links in Most Commented box don't work / BCOM-8342

11 Comments: Various comment widgets / BCOM-9553

12 Comments: Move Read Full Article link below stub / BCOM-8284

13 Forums: Make sticky discussions maroon / BCOM-8294

PHASE 3 - New features

1 Admin: Reporting tools                                                                                

2 Comments and forums: Social tools on comment box and each post

3 Comments and forums: Mobile

4 Profiles: Profile popup boxes

5 Profiles: Badges - earned and rewarded

6 Site: Ratings and reviews

7 Forums: Private forums

8 Profiles: Personal blogs

9 Profiles: Avatar wrappers for staff

10 Comments: De-clutter tools; icons + text only on hover